custom hids from mercedes benz???

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 07:07 PM
all stocker

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
custom hids from mercedes benz???

i'm just curious....
after seeing Blacura's thread about custom installing the HIDs from a GS4, i started pondering about the possibility of attaining a set of factory HIDs from any Mercedes Benz model, and splicing it into our first gen cl.

my friend works for MBUSA up north... and he is currently trying to search for a set of factory HIDs from an E-Class for my brother's '97 E320.

not to say that he can get multiple sets... but if he was able to get another set for me, i'd be really interested in trying to hook it up to a first gen.

there is a parts bin at MBUSA's corporate HQ, and there is a possibility that my friend can get a set for me through his boss.

i'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:03 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
i've put HID's from a cadillac onto a civic before.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:28 PM
Turn Signals are good!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, its easy in the CL's... theres a plastic trim ring on the back of the headlight, that holds the 9006 bulb in place... take that off and using it as a template, make a new ring that just fits around the D2R bulb out of plastic... if its an osram bulb, there is a tiny bit of trimming to do on one part of the bulb, but its not hard. Make your 3 holes for the screws... place the bulb in the housing (the osram bulbs, if trimmed properly, fit snugly and kinda "lock" into the housing) then use the new "ring" to hold the bulb in place with the 3 screws. You can also use a large washer... drill the 3 holes in it and use that in place of the plastic ring.

Its really easy... if you are able to come across a set, let me know and I can give you more specific directions.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:13 PM
-iii-(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah what sumkid said it's actually easy, i have NO electrical background and it took me under an hour to put the things in. Just gotta splice and heatshrink the connection. keep us posted