coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 07:25 PM
I wanna go for show...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coilovers

Are there coilover for the CL? If who makes them and where can u buy them.
Old 12-16-2001, 10:33 AM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just installed a set of H&R coilovers in my Civic.The CL is very close in terms of suspension parts to the the Accord, I believe H&R offers real coilovers for that car.I purchased mine from Action Tire in New Jersey .The ride is fantastic well controlled very smooth none of that bouncy bouncy nonsense .The units I have are true short case style coilovers which is important if you plan to ride very low.You may need to add adjustable upper control arms to your car if the alignment shows the camber to be way off.I am getting adjustables for my car the rear camber is off by 2degrees the front by 1.8 .For the money these coilovers are excellent highquality units.I previously had tried APEX coilovers but found these to be noisy and have a poor lower perch design.Jens
Old 12-16-2001, 12:47 PM
Ham Sandwich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grouncontrol makes them for the accord, which are the ones i use in my cl.. just make sure you get better shocks, like kyb agx or something otherwise you'll blow your stock shocks and you'll end up with dead coils if you drive on them
Old 12-16-2001, 12:57 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
in my experience w/ sleeve type coilovers you dont' want them. They put a large amount of stress on your suspension. Trust me, in the long run the impact of the sleeve coilovers on your suspension will ruin it. The problem is that they are linear springs and they are putting constant stress on the struts. This in turn will blow out the struts. My car hasn't ridden the same since i took them off.

if i were you i'd get the apexi coilovers. They are the same price you'd be paying for gc's and good shocks. Actually a little bit cheaper. I rode on them for about 3 months and absolutely loved them. Check out www.autocarparts.com , they have a pretty good deal on them.

and, if you are to get sleeve type coilovers, ground controls are definately the only ones you even want to consider.