clear corners.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 03:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clear corners.....

just got my clear bumber lenses off ebay for $20 plus S&H , felt kinda bad though, i bid right at the end of the auction and stole it, but then again, i've tried twice, and somebody did the same thing to me 2 times, so oh well :p
Old 08-02-2001, 03:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Good job, yea little basterds keep takeing them from me in like the last 30 min too.
Old 08-02-2001, 03:35 PM
speed freak

i hate it on auctions when its like the last five minutes they start doing that...and then when i want to put my bid in...my slow 56k...delays and i lose cuz i couldnt bid higher...haha
Old 08-02-2001, 03:40 PM
Intermediate

i'm debating on getting the reverse indiglos, i have the all white ones, and they have on ebay the ones that are all black at night with the red and blue numbering, i think they will look way better then the indiglos i got on now
Old 08-02-2001, 04:41 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Im not a fan of indiglo.. but...
i'm debating on getting the reverse indiglos, i have the all white ones, and they have on ebay the ones that are all black at night with the red and blue numbering, i think they will look way better then the indiglos i got on now
are you kidding me bro... that spells RICER!!! dont do it!! but its up to you...
Old 08-02-2001, 04:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts
When I look at a list of mods that long and then that person tells someone else that their mod will turn their car into a ricer, I can't help but laugh!
Old 08-02-2001, 04:48 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

When I look at a list of mods that long and then that person tells someone else that their mod will turn their car into a ricer, I can't help but laugh!
ICEMAN.. I could agree with taht but what I have listed are:
1)Car SPECS - color, etc...
2)MODS, that are unique and not for performance strictly cosmetic
3)MODS that are performance based...

whats seriously wrong with that...
read my mods and the n CALL ME A RICER!!!
Old 08-02-2001, 04:59 PM
Burning Brakes

1998 ACURA CL 3.0 - Tafetta White, Factory Wing, Debadged With Ghost Reflective Emblems, Body Color Engine Sheilds, Clear Bumper Lights, Hyper White bulbs, 35% Charcoal Tint, Tinted Windsheild(Entire Thing 50%), 2 W3 JL Audio Woofers Run By A Zapco 350 Amp (Custom Enclosure), AEM 3" CAI System Custom Fit, Self Made 1"x3" Ram Air Induction For CAI, 2" Drop With Eibach Sport Springs, Tokiko Sport Shocks, Suspension Technique Sway Bars, Tenzo Poke 10s in white with Toyo Proxes
Old 08-02-2001, 05:08 PM
Racer

Does anyone have reverse indiglo's on right now? And if you do, can you please tell me if they look tight or tacky?
Old 08-02-2001, 05:08 PM
Cruisin'

How does the CL handle after being dropped 2"? I've heard it ruins the ride, that's why I haven't done it. I also have the "Type R" airdam from wingswest and I don't want to risk hitting it on any bumpy roads.
Old 08-02-2001, 05:11 PM
Racer

Originally posted by GQ7769:
<STRONG>How does the CL handle after being dropped 2"? I've heard it ruins the ride, that's why I haven't done it. I also have the "Type R" airdam from wingswest and I don't want to risk hitting it on any bumpy roads.</STRONG>
I'll let you know in a few days. I'm getting my car dropped soon.
Old 08-02-2001, 05:18 PM
Burning Brakes

I got the reverse indiglows in the mail yester day. They are the same ones your talkin about. This isent a pic of my car its of someone elses but here u go. web page
Old 08-02-2001, 05:26 PM
Advanced

Sorry, I guess I kinda fll in between the batteling "rice" people. I've been in the whole import scene for a long time now. When that term first poped up a couple ears ago, it was used to basically define a person who was trying to modify their car into something it was not. Examples? Putting a VTEC sticker on your non-VTEC vehicle. Especially bad if you own a Toyota or other non-Honda/Acura car. Also for people with "Powered by Honda" stickers and in some cases for people that plastered their cars with vinyl graphics. For show cars, (at least to me) that kind of thing serves a purpose, so I never saw it as "rice". I did see it as "rice" when a person puts company stickers on their car and they are not sponsored by that company. There are other offenses like trying to make your Eclipse GS a GS-T or GS-X or other similiar things.

In recent years, the whole term "rice" has morphed into a totally different thing and you can't even get people to agree what it means. Some say putting a body kit or wing on your vehicle makes it "rice". What about car anufacturers that add body kits to upper model vehicles? Rice? I think not. Adding larger wheels for purely cosmetic reasons? Rice? I don't think so.

In the end (like I've said for years on the del Sol boards), do what YOU want to do and screw the people that call it "rice" or whatever. It's your car, do what you want.

My del Sol was in a full length magazine feature, was in magazine ads, was in a booth at the LA Auto Show, several other pics in magazines from shows and I had about $30K worth of sponsored (read as FREE) stuff on it. People can call it "rice", but did they do that much to their cars or get as much exposure for their cars? Did they have major companies backing them? Probably not. Since that was my goal, I got what I wanted.

Now for the CL...
Old 08-02-2001, 05:50 PM
Pro

I f'ing sick of this RICE shit too. Do what you want to your car, if other people don't like F'EM!!
What the hell is rice anyway.... if you do anything to your car other than engine mods, wheels and suspension its rice....whatever.

If we all had the same taste in car mods the import scene would be really f'ing boring.
Old 08-02-2001, 05:55 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

How does the CL handle after being dropped 2"? I've heard it ruins the ride, that's why I haven't done it. I also have the "Type R" airdam from wingswest and I don't want to risk hitting it on any bumpy roads.
The ride is harder.. more like a sports car... but tight as hell...
Old 08-02-2001, 05:56 PM
Hum........what next??

Originally posted by 3PointZero:
<STRONG>Does anyone have reverse indiglo's on right now? And if you do, can you please tell me if they look tight or tacky?</STRONG>
I have reverse E-glo gauges and I like them.
I have a day pic, the night pic didn't turn out.

clip in this URL.....
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...nce=0&res=high
Old 08-02-2001, 05:59 PM
Hum........what next??

Originally posted by Kiljaedoen:
<STRONG>I got the reverse indiglows in the mail yester day. They are the same ones your talkin about. This isent a pic of my car its of someone elses but here u go. web page</STRONG>
That's my pic.

You got the same set! I love 'em!! Hope you do too.
Old 08-02-2001, 06:20 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

The roicer issue seems like a good topic.. I started the thread....
RICER THREAD
Old 08-02-2001, 07:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Casper, I didn't call you a ricer. I just pointed out that you're a guy who has a lot of mods and now you were calling somebody ELSE a ricer for considering one little addition.

It's a free country--do what you want to your car. I just don't like seeing people think their mods are the greatest but anything else is off-the-deep-end crazy. But hey, I guess if people come to the board and ask for opinions, they're going to get 'em!
Old 08-02-2001, 07:30 PM
Drifting

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!Huffster,VteChump, and ICEMAN..............I feel the same way........what you hate others may like.......people should worry about their own shit instead of hating ....How can you say something as small as indiglo gauges Ricing a car.......Huffster post says it perfectly! This world is full of HATERS!
Old 08-02-2001, 07:33 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,197 Likes on 695 Posts
Originally posted by 3PointZero:
<STRONG>Does anyone have reverse indiglo's on right now? And if you do, can you please tell me if they look tight or tacky?</STRONG>
I think they look alright but im not a big fan of the red and blue together but would consider replacing my indiglos with them. The only problems is the dumb "Racing Fuel Only" written across the bottom.
Hey Kiljaedoen when you get them installed i would like to see them. We need to plan our little meet soon. Oh if you need any help email me or IM me
Old 08-02-2001, 08:16 PM
Advanced

I've been in the middle of the "rice wars" on the del Sol boards for years and am a strong advocate for people doing whatver the hell they want and other people shutting up about it. If you don't like it, then dont do it, but please don't pull a hollier than thou trip by putting down the people that do modifications that you don't like. Just because you don't like it does not make it rice.

Some of those arguements just don't make sense. Putting larger wheels on does make performance differences, but if Acura has 16" one year and then adds 17" to their line-up the next year are hey suddenly rice? Hell no. if they add a body kit to a higher model car is that rice? Hell no. If that isn't, then why is a person that does the same thing to their vehicle?

I do have to draw the line though. I do think that rice exists. Call me a hater or whatever, but people with factory exhausts with HUGE tin can looking exhaust tips welded on are rice. People with sponsor stickers on their car when they aren't sponsored are rice (and stupid for giving the company free advertising for a non-sponsored product). Trying to make your car a higher level model by deception (adding a GS-T sticker to a GS Eclipse for example) or the countless other ways of deception is rice.

I totally agree with VTEChump about if we all did the same thing, the import scene would be pretty boring. I had people commenting on my Sol back when I added graphics, but it got my Sol noticed at shows, got sponsors and got me a ton of stuff I would have never got myself for free. Might be rice, but it works! I even have APEX Sport Springs (not Apex-i) getting me a coilover suspension when they release it for Accords next month. That's from an old non-paid sponsorship on my Sol. My CL is already shaping up before I even have it.
Old 08-02-2001, 08:19 PM
Advanced

Oh, BTW, I'm still not sure what I feel about the reverse Indiglos on the CL. I love them on my del Sol, but that is sportier. I kinda see the CL as more classy and not as sporty, so I may not get them for my CL. I thought the factory gauges looked okay. I will be getting the clear corners and a body kit (probably no wing) and wheels and springs and all that good stuff.

I'm also working on getting the wood in carbon fiber for those interested in that possibility.
Old 08-02-2001, 09:23 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

huffster... good info on RICER BTW... cant wait for you to get your MODS... dont forget.. pics pics pics!!!
Old 08-02-2001, 11:00 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,197 Likes on 695 Posts
Originally posted by Huffster:
<STRONG>
I'm also working on getting the wood in carbon fiber for those interested in that possibility.</STRONG>
You better not I just spent about $200 on a wood dash for my car and i really wanted carbon fiber too Oh well
Old 08-03-2001, 01:00 AM
Burning Brakes

I have my gages in already i did them today but thanks for the offer. Mine DO NOT say the raceing fule only. I love how they look.
Old 08-03-2001, 11:28 AM
Intermediate

thanks for all the input people, i think i will get those reverse indiglos, rice or no rice (what ever that sh*t means, got to be the stupidest term i ever heard!) my ride, my opinion, and to all who think it's rice...lol..(can't stop laughing on how dumb that sh*t sounds)
Old 08-03-2001, 02:25 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Casper, I didn't call you a ricer. I just pointed out that you're a guy who has a lot of mods and now you were calling somebody ELSE a ricer for considering one little addition.
It's a free country--do what you want to your car. I just don't like seeing people think their mods are the greatest but anything else is off-the-deep-end crazy. But hey, I guess if people come to the board and ask for opinions, they're going to get 'em!
ICEMAN.. sorry I misunderstood you... I really took offense to it as per being called a ricer!!! I absolutely agree, if you like something get it... I only said I didnt like the indiglos and said that the color ones would look RICEY... something I THINK would be RICEY!!!... to each their.. I 100% AGREE!!!! glad to clear that up... thank you... (now I woint have to hunt you down and kill you... lol)
Old 08-03-2001, 04:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Alright boys, I'm glad to see you kissed and made up! Play nice from now on ok?

Of course, that's just one of the older boys talking.
Old 08-03-2001, 06:33 PM
Midnight Marauder

What's wrong with Rice? Rice is good.
Old 08-04-2001, 03:47 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

my car is white.. i dont like WHITE RICE... I like PORK FRIED...