cl totaled?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl totaled?

just went to the body shop today.. guy said that to replace front and rear bumpers and fix everything else that is broken in those regions it will cost 2200. So he did the research and it came out to $2257.82 =\ i dont have that kinda money to spend. Then he goes tellin me that my frame might be bent. I just ordered neuspeed sports to lower my car and he told me i was crazy if i was to lower it with a bent frame. I need to find somebody who will look to find out if my frame is bent but i dont know who would =( a couple of my friends dads own body shops but i'm not sure. And if i do find out that my frame is bent should i just sell the springs and drive the car till it dies then buy another cuz i cant go through insurance. also if my frame isnt bent should i lower the car like i planned or just sell it for cheap with all the body damage and struggle for another car? suggestions anybody? maybe somebody could tell me some way of finding out if the frame is bent myself? gah this sucks =(
Old 03-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,448 Likes on 3,046 Posts
Do you trust the body shop guy? Get another opinion.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Peace, Love & Acura

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look closely and carefuly at the body pannels. If the seams and lines are not sepperated or distorted across the roof-line and down the door pillers, your frome was not involved. But if you notice splitting or cracking of the welds around the pillers or the non-moving window seals are seperated, your frame is bent. I would consider selling it if it is bent. If it is not, fix it. And again, do you trust your body shops? It never hurts to get another opinion. Sorry to hear about the crash.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a chance at buying a 99 CL 3.2 Type S with 30K on it for 14K CND but i didn't because it got into a serious accident, and bent the frame. Your car will never drive the same no matter how much they rebend the frame you'll always notice one or more of your tires losing more tred on one side. And just the Safety factor, will the car hold up the same way it did before they rebent the frame. If it got into the same kind of accident.

I'd say take the money and run if the insurance company offers a alright amount, otherwise just use to drive to work and back. Till you can afford another one.