Camber Kit (now Im Heated)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 03:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camber Kit (now Im Heated)

Aiight...I had a sprint camber kit front/back for about 9 months...I heard about how alot of you who had thought it sucked...and made ride quality suck also. So yesterday I got the Ingalls front kit put on...As I'm driving home my control arm decided to slam against the inner fender on every little tiny bump i hit...ALL YOU HEAR IS B000000000000000M KAB000000000M (loud as hell), so I turn around about 10 minutes later and then they cut out alot of the inside fender well and now its all fixed ok yay wow...the guy told me cause it was adjusted all the way to 3 degrees and it brings the control arm out to far...OK GOT THAT SOLVED...everything was fine the whole day...Now this morning I hear the same damn noise I did with my sprint camber kit, coming from the same side!! THE PASSENGER SIDE FRONT MAKES THIS NOISE WHEN IM DRIVING...I usually hear when im just crusing throught a neighborhood at slow speeds all i hear is SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CREEK CREEK SQUEK...What the hell is this? I cant freakiin stand it, it sounds like my car is literally falling apart. Anyone else experience this problem? Have any idea what it is ? Anything I can do to stop it? It kinda sounds like something is moving around all over the place or sumtin?
Old 11-12-2003, 03:15 PM
05' 350z 6spd.

hahahaha times 999

Dude i feel soo bad for you, this is like your 5th thread about camber problems. I had to trim the metal a little bit too to avoid that "kaboom" scary as fuck the 1st few times you hear it huh?

Seriously I'm thinking this cheap sound that you have has nothing to do with the camber kit. Mine never makes any weird noises, and you said it did it before this camber kit was even in. ?? Good luck!
Old 11-12-2003, 03:18 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
shocks maybe? Does the Ingalls kit require any grease? Also, so after I replaced my axle, that pop sound is still there. I think it's my sway bar bushing again as i've torn another. Maybe even the shocks hitting the springs somehow
Old 11-12-2003, 04:18 PM
Old Man

Re: Camber Kit (now Im Heated)

Originally posted by r0dxx
THE PASSENGER SIDE FRONT MAKES THIS NOISE WHEN IM DRIVING...I usually hear when im just crusing throught a neighborhood at slow speeds all i hear is SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CREEK CREEK SQUEK...What the hell is this? I cant freakiin stand it, it sounds like my car is literally falling apart. Anyone else experience this problem? Have any idea what it is ? Anything I can do to stop it? It kinda sounds like something is moving around all over the place or sumtin?
-----If infact it is the camber kit----

I hear ya. Had the same problem. I've had problems with my Ingalls Kit.

The bottoming out of the upper-arm must have damaged the bushing housing (metal sleave).

If you have the rubber bushing kits DO NOT GREASE IT!!! The rubber is supposed to stick in the bushing housing. Adding any grease (including silicon grease) will make it worst (the grease will allow side to side movement screwing up you alignment, in fact you will never get it aligned correctly if this happens). I sent my kits back to Ingalls twice (all four fronts, once and 1 a second time). Heres the problem... The kits must be installed correctly the first time they are installed. Squeeking and creaking is the metal bushing housing breaking loose and rotating each time your suspension moves... so take them out and inspect them... if you find that any part is rotating (nothing should be rotating on the rubber bushing kit) call and speak to Todd Buman at Ingalls... Tell him what your situation is and he may ask you to send them in for warranty repair (don't worry about the 90 warranty period stated on the web-site, I had mine over a year and he fixed them for me). Just be nice.

Now that you have your fenders cut correctly for the clearance, when you get them back make sure you tighten all bolt and nuts with the suspension loaded (wheel off, axle jacked up). And remember NO GREASE ON THE RUBBER BUSHING KIT!!!

I hope this helps.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Ya seriously I have like no luck when it comes to camber kit/suspension...Shweeeeew good thing you told me not to greese it up I was actually thinking of spraying the rubber bushings down...Hmm if it's not the camber kit? what could it be? I mean other then the noise, I dont really notice anything bad...I mean the front drivers side has never made a single noise ever (except the control arm clearance thing) KNOCK ON WOOD.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:51 PM
Suzuka Master

oh ya when i turn my wheel (parked) u hear the creek creek creek squeak noise...
Old 11-12-2003, 05:15 PM
Cause stock sux.

Eibach > Sprint, Ingalls.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:44 PM
Old Man

Eibach = SPC Performance
Old 11-12-2003, 05:51 PM
HOOK EM HORNS

can we spray WD-40 on rubber bushings to decrease noise?
Old 11-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Old Man

Originally posted by HyDrOpOnIkToKa
can we spray WD-40 on rubber bushings to decrease noise?
No, I wouldn't recommend it. If you have noise, something is wrong with the camber kit (Ingalls). Others were telling me to use silicon grease because silicon grease will not eat rubber.
I was misled by others in suggesting this remedy, but fix was very short term.

To answer your question directly, WD-40 is petrolum based... I believe it will eat the rubber, causing more or other problems.

To solve the problem you need to replace the kit or send it in for repair.

As always, take my suggestion with "a grain of salt", please do your own research. Don't be misled like I was.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:34 PM
Pro

I have a brand new sprint camber kit about to be installed... i hope it isnt as shitty as eveyrone says it is....
Old 11-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Suzuka Master

nah it should be find i still have mine in the back had the front one for like 9 months...
Old 11-12-2003, 07:48 PM
Power of Dreams

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by CLpower
shocks maybe? Does the Ingalls kit require any grease? Also, so after I replaced my axle, that pop sound is still there. I think it's my sway bar bushing again as i've torn another. Maybe even the shocks hitting the springs somehow
Dude Scott, between the both of us, we've done just about everything to get rid of that damn popping noise. My last effort was the swaybar bushing.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:51 PM
05' 350z 6spd.

Originally posted by jtothees
I have a brand new sprint camber kit about to be installed... i hope it isnt as shitty as eveyrone says it is....
oh it will be

honestly don't put that piece of shit on!! you'll regret it. get a different one.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Pro

Re: Camber Kit (now Im Heated)

Originally posted by r0dxx
Aiight...I had a sprint camber kit front/back for about 9 months...I heard about how alot of you who had thought it sucked...and made ride quality suck also. So yesterday I got the Ingalls front kit put on...As I'm driving home my control arm decided to slam against the inner fender on every little tiny bump i hit...ALL YOU HEAR IS B000000000000000M KAB000000000M (loud as hell), so I turn around about 10 minutes later and then they cut out alot of the inside fender well and now its all fixed ok yay wow...the guy told me cause it was adjusted all the way to 3 degrees and it brings the control arm out to far...OK GOT THAT SOLVED...everything was fine the whole day...Now this morning I hear the same damn noise I did with my sprint camber kit, coming from the same side!! THE PASSENGER SIDE FRONT MAKES THIS NOISE WHEN IM DRIVING...I usually hear when im just crusing throught a neighborhood at slow speeds all i hear is SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CREEK CREEK SQUEK...What the hell is this? I cant freakiin stand it, it sounds like my car is literally falling apart. Anyone else experience this problem? Have any idea what it is ? Anything I can do to stop it? It kinda sounds like something is moving around all over the place or sumtin?
I told you where to go man to have the camber done, I have the ingalls kit sitting in my garage after I took it off for comming in contact with my inner fender also. you got my cell hit me up and we could probably go down there together
Old 11-12-2003, 11:55 PM
AWD Torque Monster

sorry guys fuck camber kits unless ur dropped 2.25+ ill live with it. after 10k my stockers showed no major signs of uneven wear. i bet i eat my summer tires up in one season. hahaah ill let you know how my winter tires do. its only been 600-800 miles so far so i cant really say.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:02 AM
!egamalS

I just installed my ingalls kit last night (same as r0dx) we even ordered from same place... it works great!!!!!!!!!!!!! no squeeks, no clunks, no anything... now i just need an alignment and to dismount rotate my tires... IM SO FUCKIN HAPPY!!!!!!!!! Finally no noises!

brad, i told you not to goto prestones! they suck ass there.. the kit was mad ez to put on, no problems what so ever... my other camber kit was tore the fuck up! i could completely pull the sleve out from the kit...

brad, hit me up, mayb we'll head down to the shop and take a look at it... I dont know what the problem could be, but its worth checking out! good luck! im going for my alignment today or tomarrow.. peace

-shawn
Old 11-13-2003, 07:18 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally posted by R1Performance
Dude Scott, between the both of us, we've done just about everything to get rid of that damn popping noise. My last effort was the swaybar bushing.

I know, and I already replaced mine, then it ripped to shreds again. Now that the axle is replaced the noise is less frequent so i'm thinking it may be the bushing again
Old 11-13-2003, 11:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Hmmm ya shawn ill show you whats going on...but for some reason i don't think it has anything to do with the camber kit cause my front driver side never made a noise with either kit it must be something loose or broken or messed up on the front right ill show you sometime this week...
Old 11-17-2003, 12:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Haha today i went back to shop and they were very nice to me...Came for like a 20min ride with me up and down the streets and obviously with my luck my CAMBER KIT NOISE like barely happens(this alwayz happens when i try to show somebody something) The guy heard the sound a little bit, but when we jacked it up we couldn't tell what it is...There almost positive it has nothing to do with the camber kit. I hear this creeking noise when I hit the gas from a dead stop and when im rolling slow Any ideas? I think im just going to forget about it!!
Old 11-17-2003, 02:28 PM
Stylin CL

I have the same sound comeing from the passenger side only, that creeking shit gets so damn annoying. Other than that i havent had any problems with my sprint camber kit.
Old 11-17-2003, 02:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Hmm I had the creeking on the passenger side with the Sprint, and switched to Ingalls and still has that same creek...Epoc what kinda springs/shocks u got? And when does ur creek?
Old 11-17-2003, 07:59 PM
fellow MASShole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dayum r0dxx i feel for ya ... my alignment guys said that my front kit was almost maxed ... it could be adjusted furthur but that would result in control arm problems .. since were on the same setup ide check to see if ur maxed out on the kit ... im still within specs ( although i could be better ) and i have a clunk from the rear passenger ... i just learn to live with it ??!
Old 11-17-2003, 08:10 PM
Suzuka Master

mine is maxed out, but my alignment is perfect...
Old 11-18-2003, 05:15 AM
fellow MASShole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe u might want to have it adjusted so its not at full 3 degree that might be one of the factors making the control arms hit the fender
Old 11-18-2003, 05:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Ya it doesnt hit the fender anymore, we cut out a big chunk of the fender...It only hits it on extreme bumps like railroad tracks and stuff.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:22 AM
LA`s Top CL

dood i had my cambers adjusted and im not sure if its my shocks buy my car makes that sound sometiems also
Old 11-19-2003, 12:32 AM
Pro

mine squeek like a MOTHER F-ER! but it cost me i think $100 to install them in the first place...i don't have the money to take them off, send em in, and install again -.- i guess i'll have to live with the squeek