C/F Hood Thread Part deau

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura3.0CL
I consider them having my $460 and me not seeing any production/product for ~ 3 months, that to me is considered a little weight...Anyway...Its Noon central time, 10am Cali time. Hopefully we will hear something soon.
I'm sitting here waiting patiently.... sorta.... not so patiently, just waiting to hear something. I hope the hood comes, and fits so they can even SHIP our damn hoods. At this rate we won't have them for another month.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
I'm sitting here waiting patiently.... sorta.... not so patiently, just waiting to hear something. I hope the hood comes, and fits so they can even SHIP our damn hoods. At this rate we won't have them for another month.
X2
Old 09-30-2005, 12:32 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Yea I know. I think everyone would calm down and relax once they see a pict of the CF *test fit hood* and they know it fits. Then basically we will have seen progress and know that the others are "ok" and ready to be shipped over. But your right, shipping the hoods over will probably take forever because VIS will probably ship like 3 over one week, then a few the next, then decide to "forget" to put any in the 3rd weeks container, then fly some over......you get what im saying....It'l probably be another month.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:52 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Yea I know. I think everyone would calm down and relax once they see a pict of the CF *test fit hood* and they know it fits. Then basically we will have seen progress and know that the others are "ok" and ready to be shipped over. But your right, shipping the hoods over will probably take forever because VIS will probably ship like 3 over one week, then a few the next, then decide to "forget" to put any in the 3rd weeks container, then fly some over......you get what im saying....It'l probably be another month.
I just want my hood I don't even think i'm gonna get to put it on b4 winter anymore
Old 09-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Revelation 3:15-17

Face it, you guys got hustled and you're never getting your "Carbon Fiber Hood".

Old 09-30-2005, 03:57 PM
Instructor

Hah. no one got hustled. I'm trying my best to get the hoods here. I know everyone has been patient, all I ask is that you stick it in there and be patient somemore please. VIS and every other company is very busy creating new products for the new civic si, I don't know if you guys know but SEMA is going to be the first week of NOVEMBER, so everyone is getting ready for it. Comanies have invested over 50k -100k to display their products at the SEMA Show. And the civic si is the officialy sema show car....But, I Called VIS again today, my rep told me that it's being air freighted. It's not my reps fault, nor my fault that they're giving me not an exact date. It is the owners fault. Whatever my rep is told by the boss at vis, and it's out of our control. THE ETA should be here sometime next week. I talked to VIS and it is being air freighted now which is costing vis $300 for one hood, then it will be in customs for about 1-2 days then released to the company. So I presume that the ETA is monday, tuesday of next week. I have not given an exact date of ETA just because I have no control nor does anyone else on how fast it is shipped, how fast it goes through customs etc. that is just the nature of the importing business. I hope everyone understands this. I guarantee you will get your hoods, so don't worry about getting ripped off! I'm not here to rip anyone off as I stated plenty of times.

Again, If you want your money refunded, let me know and I will sell the hood to someone else.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by DivineCL
Face it, you guys got hustled and you're never getting your "Carbon Fiber Hood".

They'll be here eventually. I got faith
Old 09-30-2005, 04:16 PM
LostSpecter

aurite!!!!

thanks carlo for the good news
Old 09-30-2005, 04:59 PM
100% Dominicano

man, I think the new Civic SI is going to be my present for myself when I graduate college this may.

Nearly 200 horsepower with I-VTEC, 6 speed, LSD, Nice modern interior. That thing is going to be awesome, also with the way Carlo is talking about the sema suport that it has, it looks to have tons of parts available. Cant wait.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Specter
thanks carlo for the good news

Good News?? Being told the hood is delayed "another" week is good news? I dont see why its "good" news. Its just news...the same news VIS has told us for the last 3 weeks....

And I understand everything is busy for SEMA...but thats not our fault its early this year. We ordered these hoods a loonng time ago. I just dont see what takes soo long to ship one over, unless these hoods are still being made, and thats why its taking soo long and being delayed, and they just dont wanna tell us that their still making them and totaly overshot the deadline.

Oh yea, which is another thing that makes me mad....I mean, VIS is a well known company. They signed a contract and made a date and deadline and totaly blew it off...i just dont understand why they keep missing deadlines and the hood is taking soooo long to get here. I mean, if the hood was finished, why didnt it make it in either of the last 2 cargo containers??
Old 09-30-2005, 08:56 PM
CL 4 LYFE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont trip about it dude. man shit happens sometimes. just wait it out. if the hoods dont come in 2-5 months, then that will be something to be pissed off about.

everyone chill
Old 10-01-2005, 05:02 AM
LostSpecter

.... what i have noticed from carlo is that he is keeping us up with all the info telling us the good news and on top of that..... he is telling us the bad new rite when he gets the info. carlo is a calm guy but he is on it when shit happens and shit happens when you least expect it.... idk why but when a huge thing like this group buy happens.... shit is there to miss it up!!!! i still remember reading the WW lip kit group buy and SHIT WAS THERE TO FUK THAT UP TOO!!! am i rite???? and what??!?!?! the guys hung in there and they got it in due time.... It really saddens me that almost everyone in the USA is all hyped up on getting stuff fast and i mean fast!!!! we are never in the slow lane actually stopping to smell the roses meaning crediting carlo for still being there for us who has done alot already PLUS put up with shit you guys are giving him!!!! my is that if hes still here keeping us informed its all good cuz when i get that hood slap on my car... HOLY SHIT ILL BE ONE FUKEN HAPPY FUK till time takes it toll... but it'll be time worth waiting for..... I wish people would look at things at a different perspective and actually think about how happy you would be when that good news comes in to say.... THE HOODS FIT AND THE SHIPMENT IS COMMING ASAP.

if you guys want to rant me out on what i said fine.... i cant help it from coming anyways cuz it America and its freedom of speech, but i ask one thing though..... please think about what you are going to bitch at me first and take another perspective on what i am really trying to say here. And I will say this again…. America has no patients on anything and for those who have patients just get upset cuz no one takes a look at things in a different perspective….

i hope i said that rite and sorry if i had offended anyone by telling what i think is going on here and no thanks has gone out to carlo for being there for us with the bad news and the shit..... if carlo wasn’t a patient guy, I think he would have left us hanging long time ago…
Old 10-01-2005, 07:21 AM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
^ too long to read...
Old 10-01-2005, 01:11 PM

....For the last time, Im not mad at Carlo, im not mad at any of you guys, Im just mad at VIS. It's not like im freaking out because I dont have the hood yet, i mean shit, we've already waited like what...10 weeks?? I think I can wait a little longer and be fine. (although the fact now, I'll get the hood and wont even be able to use it long cuz winter will be here.) But its really the fact that I've heard soo much about VIS. How big a company it is, how good they are, and this group buy has actually showed me the total opposite. Sure, i bet their products are good and nice, but their PR and customer service really bothers me. Its not like im going to flip out, act like I'll sue and quit on the GB. All I really ever wanted was an honest anwser from them on why it was taking soo long. They should tell us why the hood didnt make it on the container 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago, yesterday, and now were hoping it will be here next friday. I just want an honest anwser...Is the hoods not finished and their telling us they are, and thats why the hoods not showing up? Is mr. retardo incharge of their shipping and keeps forgetting theres a giant CF hood in the corner waiting to be shipped out??? I just think the company could of handled this alot better and I think from this experience, this will be the only and last product I'd buy from VIS.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:08 PM
you ghey dawg!

^also to long to read...
Old 10-01-2005, 03:15 PM
CL 4 LYFE

^ same here.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by boriqua0240
^also to long to read...
just wait until you get to college. Atleast these "long reads" are something you'd actually be intrested in. Just wait until you have to read chapters 2-6 on "Eastern Asia Cultures" and "Hunting & Gathering Societys"

Old 10-01-2005, 06:11 PM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

Originally Posted by DivineCL

glad someone agrees w/ me here
Old 10-01-2005, 07:36 PM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
damn... this is what like the 3rd time?

also, its very unprofessional for a large company such as VIS to do this type of thing. once you have a job, ur suppose to complete it and move on to the next or even work on both jobs, dont just throw one job to the side and come back to it later.. i say write a letter to VIS and have them explain why they keep pushing back the date and for everyone inconvience, offer a discount
Old 10-01-2005, 08:38 PM

^ Thats exactly what im talking about, and might end up doing. You usaully dont have these problems with a big company like this. It is very unprofessional and very upsetting to me as a customer.

I mean hell, when I bought the SPC balljoint camber kit, SPC screwed up and sent the mounting brackets for a 98+ accord. I called them up, explained the situation, told them that my car was to be in the shop 1.5 days from then, and they said not to worry, they would handle it. They ended up UPS Next Day Air Early AM shipping the correct brackets straight to the shop my car was going to be at. And at no cost to me. Hell, the brackets arived before 8am that morning because I dropped my car off at 8am to be worked on, and the brackets were already there.

Now THATS a good company who cares about their customers. Not a company who says..."uhh next week" 3 times in a row, without even an explanation.

Now that VIS owns Wings West. I wonder if we should expect the same thing from WW....?...."Were shipping out your WW Front Lip, you should expect to get it within 2 months"
Old 10-01-2005, 08:52 PM
how handsome I am

well guys Im back from tampa and I had a blast! Holl-o-scream at busch gardens is the shiznat...

anyways, back to business. Sounds like we'll finally be seeing something on monday or tuesday.

Carlo's a-ok in my book and I cant wait to do another group buy with him (cause' he's on the ball.)

VIS is teh suck and who cares about the new civic si (im not getting one (yet) so blah to it )

Yea.. that about sums it up.

Glad to be back,
-Alex
Old 10-02-2005, 03:25 AM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

Originally Posted by agranado
well guys Im back from tampa and I had a blast! Holl-o-scream at busch gardens is the shiznat...

anyways, back to business. Sounds like we'll finally be seeing something on monday or tuesday.

Carlo's a-ok in my book and I cant wait to do another group buy with him (cause' he's on the ball.)

VIS is teh suck and who cares about the new civic si (im not getting one (yet) so blah to it )

Yea.. that about sums it up.

Glad to be back,
-Alex

you was gone?
Old 10-02-2005, 08:43 AM

Old 10-02-2005, 09:23 AM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by SilverCL97

:whocares: yea i know, its not really that important - just had to share how much of a blast I had.. now I can come back and worry about this flippin hood though :yay:

:boo:

Old 10-02-2005, 11:08 AM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

:whocares: yea i know, its not really that important - just had to share how much of a blast I had.. now I can come back and worry about this flippin hood though :yay:

:boo:

damn now i know wut i forgot, your horn buttons @#$@R@%!@...

btw hopefully ya'll will get ur hoods..
Old 10-02-2005, 12:10 PM
you ghey dawg!

just wait until you get to college. Atleast these "long reads" are something you'd actually be intrested in. Just wait until you have to read chapters 2-6 on "Eastern Asia Cultures" and "Hunting & Gathering Societys"

tru dat. i cant wait. I <3 reading!!
Old 10-02-2005, 12:17 PM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

Originally Posted by starboy2nv
you was gone?
like anybody noticed alex
Old 10-02-2005, 01:53 PM
B A N N E D

how about this, when the hoods come, post good news
Old 10-02-2005, 02:10 PM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

Originally Posted by ayougo
how about this, when the hoods come, post good news

Old 10-02-2005, 05:32 PM
CL 4 LYFE

i agree
Old 10-02-2005, 06:19 PM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by starboy2nv
damn now i know wut i forgot, your horn buttons @#$@R@%!@...

btw hopefully ya'll will get ur hoods..
omgz im gonna kick your arse
Old 10-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Saucin

when do you all get the hoods?
Old 10-02-2005, 06:31 PM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

Originally Posted by bkmc24
when do you all get the hoods?

october 2007
Old 10-02-2005, 06:33 PM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by shineynitelite
october 2008
fixed
Old 10-02-2005, 07:47 PM

tru dat. i cant wait. I <3 reading!!
Old 10-02-2005, 07:53 PM
CL 4 LYFE

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Old 10-02-2005, 07:54 PM
you ghey dawg!

Originally Posted by SilverCL97
jp.. i dont love reading. reading is for womens!
Old 10-02-2005, 07:56 PM

damn right...

Old 10-02-2005, 08:02 PM
how handsome I am

jp.. i dont love reading. reading is for intellectuals! a distinguished group im not a part of
fixed x2
Old 10-02-2005, 08:10 PM

fixed x2

im guessing ur part of that distinguished group alex...

Quick Reply: C/F Hood Thread Part deau