Old 10-07-2005, 12:31 PM
CL 4 LYFE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do what you gotta do
Old 10-07-2005, 12:34 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
QUESTION:

Ok how long has it really been that we've waited? When did the "offical contract start"? Im just courious how long its exactly been. (i would of known, but the 1st thread got killed)

And what...VIS has missed their "ETA's" 4 or 5 times now havn't they??
Old 10-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes VIS has missed there ETA's, i'm getting fed up with it already. VIS called today and said it should be here today, or by tuesday of next week. I didn't call them, they called me this time. So that should be a sign that they are really coming. Of course, thats what they said last week. VIS is taking longer then they should be, but we will still get the hoods. There is no way vis will take off with the money etc, unless they want a big ass law suit. If that happens, everyone becomes RICH haha. Anyway. My rep at VIS said that if he ever sees a carbon fiber hood on a CL, he's gonna take a hammer and hit it! HAHAHAHAH..jk guys, he didn't really say that. I know everyone has been patient, but I feel everyone at where we stand. I just ask to give them one more week. I'll try to get some free shit out of them for everyone, no guarantees, but I'll try my best. Okay guys. Thats all I have to say for now, once I get the word that the hoods are here, I will post on the forum. Okay guys, have a great weekend, and try to just forget about the hood and when it comes it will come. I'm sure it will come next week.

If you have any questions just contact me.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:21 PM

Ok...sooo next week again....like last week, and the week before, and the week before, and the week before, .................sounds good...thanks carlo....im off to make some phone calls...
Old 10-07-2005, 01:29 PM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
its all
Old 10-07-2005, 01:36 PM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by recycledpaper
loooks like i made another faggot angry

shut the hell up, i've only done it once and its already over with, dont tell me you got fooled by it even after reading the comments the other guys posted after mine? what a retard, go take that phone of yours and deepthroat it, i'm done
listen you fucking child.

Im on the final strand of rope as far as this hood is concerned, and you lollygagging about making those little "jokes" doesnt help my mood.

Another thing: Carlo has generously chosen you to try the "test hood" on your car, and all you can do is joke around like this? By association to Carlo, this doesnt look very good on his part.

Did you even throw down the initial 460 for the hood to begin with?

Yea, you are done you fucking guinea pig.

-Alex
Old 10-07-2005, 01:44 PM

damn..
Old 10-07-2005, 01:51 PM
1999 CL3.0

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i was reluctant to join this group buy...

i wanna see pics of a cl with a cf hood already though , even though i didnt pay for one
Old 10-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by agranado
listen you fucking child.

Im on the final strand of rope as far as this hood is concerned, and you lollygagging about making those little "jokes" doesnt help my mood.

Another thing: Carlo has generously chosen you to try the "test hood" on your car, and all you can do is joke around like this? By association to Carlo, this doesnt look very good on his part.

Did you even throw down the initial 460 for the hood to begin with?

Yea, you are done you fucking guinea pig.

-Alex
Listen you stubborn fool, the last thing i want to do is waste time arguing with a moron like you, so i'm going to make this very plain and simple:

I was the one who brought carlo here, i was the one who wanted to see the 1st gens actually have a successful hood GB because all the other douche bags couldnt get one going if their life depended on it. Now it is accomplished, we have finally got one done, and you're telling me a simple joke is pissing you off, and what, you're 20? Why don't you quit being a baby, and if you're worried about not getting your hood, just ask carlo for a refund, i'm sure he'd love to give you one, then I'll buy that extra hood off him. And yes, i DID pay for the hood, if you're worrying over the $460, may god help you in your future financial life cuz taht shit is small numbers.

Oh and i'm not associated with carlo other than the fact that i approached him with this CF idea. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't even have a hood to be whining about so just shut the fuck up and stop arguing with me because we're gonna end up getting banned.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

I think Alex needs his afro back he was much calmer then..
Old 10-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Listen you stubborn fool, the last thing i want to do is waste time arguing with a moron like you, so i'm going to make this very plain and simple:

I was the one who brought carlo here, i was the one who wanted to see the 1st gens actually have a successful hood GB because all the other douche bags couldnt get one going if their life depended on it. Now it is accomplished, we have finally got one done, and you're telling me a simple joke is pissing you off, and what, you're 20? Why don't you quit being a baby, and if you're worried about not getting your hood, just ask carlo for a refund, i'm sure he'd love to give you one, then I'll buy that extra hood off him. And yes, i DID pay for the hood, if you're worrying over the $460, may god help you in your future financial life cuz taht shit is small numbers.

Oh and i'm not associated with carlo other than the fact that i approached him with this CF idea. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't even have a hood to be whining about so just shut the fuck up and stop arguing with me because we're gonna end up getting banned.
I knew that was you, as soon as you said you'd be test fitting the hood. Now guys PLEASE stop the drama. We do thank you for getting carlo to start the group buy. We are all anxious to get our hoods. VIS sucks, but they'll come through like carlo said. It's a good sign that they contacted him, and teh hood "Should" be in today. Please everyone quit whining and arguing. Or this thread WILL be locked, and none of us want that. Please everyone just chill out, VIS will come through eventually, yes they broke the deadline, but that doesn't mean that you'll never get your hood. I for one can't wait for mine.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:39 PM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
IMO, if it dont come today, its never comming...
Old 10-07-2005, 02:57 PM

good point..

but its not like VIS wants to keep a bunch of CL hoods
Old 10-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Banned

^

carlo told me that the hoods go straight to VIS HQ, and their address is based in city of industry of socal... about 10-20 misn away from me, i will drop by and say wsup
Old 10-07-2005, 03:27 PM

I just called VIS...Talked to Peter and Adam (both Managers...who you could hardly understand) I spoke of our situation, and at first, they didnt even know what I was talking about, they had no knowledge of out CF Hood GB. (they said the information is not in their computers or system) WTF!?!! Anyway, so they finally figured out what I was talking about (although i have no clue why none of the info is in their computer system) I explaned that we've been told the hood has been delayed about 5 times now, week after week, and that we were suppost to recieve our hoods about 2 weeks ago, and that the Testfit hood still hasnt arived. I menchoned the fact that they have already passed the deadline of the contract and VIS didnt know anything about a contract.
So, now understanding that I was dealing with a manager at VIS who knows absolutly nothing thats going on with his company, I basically broke out conversation down to a elementary level so he could understand. I just asked him, why the testfit hood was suppost to be here a month ago, and it still hasnt arived. Why it was taking soo long to ship, why it never made it on the container, and why it hasnt arived via air....He couldnt explain why, didnt know why, and basically stated to explain that Carbon Fiber is on a huge shortage and that the military and "airbus" is buying all the CF and they cant get much left. This is when i freaked and asked him if he was trying to explain that their short on CF and that the hoods arnt even made yet, because him explaining a CF shortage has nothing to do with out hoods that are "suppost to be finished" since they started 3 months ago.

Basically, I got no information out of him, (i actually informed him on the situation more than he could inform me WTH was going on)
So, he told me the person who is incharge of shipping was gone and should be back Monday, and he should know what the deal is with the hoods. So, if we dont hear anything by Monday, Im suppost to call back.

Oh, I know your all wondering when you'll recieve your hoods...well Ive got an anwser for you. Basically, we have to wait until the testfit hood gets here, then they are suppost to ship the rest over I guess?? (going along with what carlo has told us)
BUT, shipping the rest over is going to take longer than you all think. I was told by VIS that their shipping containters (via boat) takes 4-5 week to arive. So, IF this is how they are planning for the hoods to arive, the first comes via air, and then if the rest come via shipping container, you can just add on another month for the time it takes to ship them over...just so you guys all know...honestly, from what VIS told me about this and the 4-5 week shipping, once the testfit hood gets here, add another month ontop of that for us to get our hoods (if they are shipping the rest via containter)
I really dont see us recieving our hoods until prob atleast 6 weeks from now.

sorry for the bad news...the only way its going to get better and quicker, is if they decided to ship all the hoods here via Air.
I really think that we should recieve something/some kind of compensation for us having to go through all of this. Carlo, hopefully you can work something out?? (I think since we've been though all this shit, and they've delayed it soo much, that (since they own WW too) we should all recieve (our choice) either the front WW lip or the rear, free of charge.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
I'm sitting here waiting patiently.... sorta.... not so patiently, just waiting to hear something. I hope the hood comes, and fits so they can even SHIP our damn hoods. At this rate we won't have them for another month.
Originally Posted by Acura3.0CL
ohhh jeeze... If we dont have the hoods by Thanksgiving, ohhh...lets not even go there..
You know, this new (2nd CF Hood Thread) started a month ago...and these statements above were posted back on like page 6 & 7....its funny how we were all upset then, thinking the hood would be here then, and we made upsetting claims about the hood not ariving for "another month" or "thanksgiving"...but in all honesty...we were actually right back then...because we arnt going to get it for another month, and it WILL prob be around thanksgiving...
Old 10-07-2005, 03:42 PM
you ghey dawg!

wow.. if thats true it kinda makes me wanna get a refund so i can forget about the c/f hood and start looking towards others mods. But GOD!!!! I really want that c/f hood. really bad. so i'm probally just gonna keep on waiting..
Old 10-07-2005, 04:16 PM

Best case senaro, the testfit hoof arives Monday, fits, we get the picts and "ok" and they ship the rest of the hoods over. If they ship them via container, then best case senaro for ETA on our hoods will be mid Nov...around thanksgiving...

WOW...Im really glad we started this back in what..?...July? And im really glad I waited this long, only to get my hood just intime to wrap it in plastic and stick it in the basement for another 3-4months until winter is over...wow...I just realised I spend $460 and the last 3 months complaining about how long the hood is taking, when in reality, I could of just said F*it, and "it comes when it comes" if i would of known in the beg. that as soon as i finally was going to recieve it, that it would sit in my basement another 3 months during winter...greeaaatt..

Hey Carlo, is there any hood spots left?? I think I might like to buy a second one to sell later...
Old 10-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by boriqua0240
wow.. if thats true it kinda makes me wanna get a refund so i can forget about the c/f hood and start looking towards others mods. But GOD!!!! I really want that c/f hood. really bad. so i'm probally just gonna keep on waiting..
it's a shitty situation. I just want my hood
Old 10-07-2005, 07:39 PM
how handsome I am

Sorry man. here, have one.

And as far as 460$ is concerned, if you're a big-money baller and sucking your parents' financial teet or working a great job at 18 (which, more often than not ISNT the case) then by all means, 460 really isnt a whole lot. However, college life aint' easy kid. I've got bills to pay, and 460 dollars put elsewhere right now would really solve alot of my problems.

and what the hell do you mean you're not associated with carloo other than the fact that you approched him? You're trying on the damn test hood for crying out loud. That may not mean you're business partners and such, but you ARE associated with him in that respect, and "joking" around like that when there's so much money floating around was not in good humor at all.

I guess you'll learn that eventually. Perhaps when you DO have to worry about how you spend your money.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:59 PM
B A N N E D

This is fucking gay. 460 dollars isn't exactly cheap and money i like throwing away. Since there's nothing i can do to get my hood sooner, im recinding the the contract i par took in. If they have issues giving my money back, then they can deal with our families lawyer when they get the cepina. This is not the way to do buisness EVER !!!! I want to shove a baseball bat up there fucking ass's ripping there scrotum's apart with a cheese grader and pour salt all over there skinned bodies then take hedge clippers to there fingers and ears and make them bleed like whine dripping from my chilled mouth. MOTHER FUCK it. Im glad i dont live neer there factory, i would litterely burn it down ( and steal our shit ) yea im angry, and yeah, ive been admitted to anger managment before and physco analysis but ill be sure to burn there severd limbs and watch them die.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:03 PM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by ayougo
This is fucking gay. 460 dollars isn't exactly cheap and money i like throwing away. Since there's nothing i can do to get my hood sooner, im recinding the the contract i par took in. If they have issues giving my money back, then they can deal with our families lawyer when they get the cepina. This is not the way to do buisness EVER !!!! I want to shove a baseball bat up there fucking ass's ripping there scrotum's apart with a cheese grader and pour salt all over there skinned bodies then take hedge clippers to there fingers and ears and make them bleed like whine dripping from my chilled mouth. MOTHER FUCK it. Im glad i dont live neer there factory, i would litterely burn it down ( and steal our shit ) yea im angry, and yeah, ive been admitted to anger managment before and physco analysis but ill be sure to burn there severd limbs and watch them die.

:walksawayslowly:
Old 10-07-2005, 08:59 PM
100% Dominicano

I really like that idea of trying to get some compensation from Vis (aka) Wings West Front Lip. The 20 members of the group buy should write letters threatening to take legal action unless we get compensation for our inconvienence. Who's down?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Instructor

uuuhhhhh.......... as long as your not in florida or anywhere near here im kool whit it!
Old 10-07-2005, 10:36 PM
B A N N E D

i dont mind wating another 2 months as long as they come and they meet quality expectations. If time runs out on these hoods again, vis's time will run out with em.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:10 PM
The new ride

ok so, the idea of the test hood is to make sure that what they make will fit, right? sooo before they make all 20 hoods, it makes sense to only make 1 from the mold, make sure it fits right, THEN make all the others.. why would they make all 20 at once, and possibly find out it doesnt fit right!? if that happened, what about the other 19? (especially with the CF shortage) so, since we still haven't seen a test hood, it def. makes sense the others haven't even been made yet, therefore it will be however long it takes to make them all PLUS 4-5 weeks shipping... i feel bad for you guys
Old 10-08-2005, 12:30 AM
Scissor Me Timbers!!

Hey!! At least it will be a nice surprise for X-mas. I'm just gonna try to forget about the hood altogether and when it shows up on X-mas eve....It'll be just like Santa Claus all over again.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Zerostatic
I really like that idea of trying to get some compensation from Vis (aka) Wings West Front Lip. The 20 members of the group buy should write letters threatening to take legal action unless we get compensation for our inconvienence. Who's down?

Yea...(rear lip 4 me) Maybe not 20 dif. threatening letters but one big one with all our sigs. would help nicely

BTW: Anyone have a copy of the VIS contract? It was posted in the 1st cf thread, but that thread got killed. Anyone still have that and could u pm me or email me it?
Old 10-08-2005, 10:23 AM

VIS is not on all the ball at all :shakehead

i used to think they were one of the top companies in C/F products but not no more...
Old 10-08-2005, 11:28 AM
you ghey dawg!

you go girl!!
Old 10-08-2005, 12:23 PM
100% Dominicano

Maybe instead of the free lips, they can ship it to our doors free of charge? I'd be happy with that.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:25 PM
how handsome I am

Maybe instead of the free lips, they can ship it to our doors free of charge? I'd be happy with that.
this would be nice.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

THAT would make the wait worth it. But dream on, I'm sure that won't happen either. Just make and send the hoods already.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:36 PM

The bottom line is that they F*ed up, and it shouldnt be taken out on us. We should recieve something for their F*up. I mean really, they broke the contract with the deadline, and then probably broke it again with producing more than 20 hoods....OMG...if thats the reason we've been waiting so long, for them to produce more right off the bat, and not tell us...just give us our 20 and then all of the sudden, they have a shit load more to sell....

WOW...this isnt fair and a company SHOULD NOT have the upper hand like this. We were faulted, they are in the wrong, we should not suffer. Theres power in numbers and we should definitly recieve something like compensation (FREE SHIPPING) for their mistake. If we really just sit around and say "hopefully it comes, hopefully they will give us free stuff" then it wont happen. Theres power in #'s and we really gotta take charge (via Carlo too, cuz i know he said hes workin on somethin...but really, were the customer so we need to help out carlo with gettin us compensation. If its just carlo that goes to them asking...then forget it...but you get 20 people who paid $460 each ($9200 total) to complain all together, that says somethin...and im sure VIS would be more willing to consider is 21 (including carlo) complain.

Honestly, everyone knows we deserve some type of compensation...we've already paid $9200 for them to screw us over, keep giving us false deadlines, and wont say shit about the hood and whats going on. We deserve compensation, but it has to be reasonable...a WW lip...prob not...but free shipping isnt that much to ask from a giant company whos on everyones shitlist, including the BBB. (which i will be more than happy to get involved) I really think we need to push for free shipping as compensation for their horrible company and business..
Old 10-08-2005, 04:05 PM
you ghey dawg!

how bout all 20 of us get refunds and leave vis stuck with 20 acura cl c/f hoods. That'll show em.. or just try to push for free shipping. either or.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Instructor

i feel dat figure something out and im down.....
Old 10-08-2005, 04:44 PM

ummm well, i figure, theres a shortage in CF...we've already waited what...3 months?...I say push for free shipping...(that way, its saves me $$ that I can spend on the rear lip! :thubmsup:
Old 10-08-2005, 05:13 PM
B A N N E D

free shipping !!! And if they dont agree, then i guess im going to book a flight for Florida for some "buisiness relations". Im serious, they, pushing me around ? They dont know what there getting into, and 20 years to life wont stop me.

I Want My Hood. and i will do anything to get it. ... anything... ...anything...

Old 10-08-2005, 05:14 PM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by Acura3.0CL
The bottom line is that they F*ed up, and it shouldnt be taken out on us. We should recieve something for their F*up. I mean really, they broke the contract with the deadline, and then probably broke it again with producing more than 20 hoods....OMG...if thats the reason we've been waiting so long, for them to produce more right off the bat, and not tell us...just give us our 20 and then all of the sudden, they have a shit load more to sell....

WOW...this isnt fair and a company SHOULD NOT have the upper hand like this. We were faulted, they are in the wrong, we should not suffer. Theres power in numbers and we should definitly recieve something like compensation (FREE SHIPPING) for their mistake. If we really just sit around and say "hopefully it comes, hopefully they will give us free stuff" then it wont happen. Theres power in #'s and we really gotta take charge (via Carlo too, cuz i know he said hes workin on somethin...but really, were the customer so we need to help out carlo with gettin us compensation. If its just carlo that goes to them asking...then forget it...but you get 20 people who paid $460 each ($9200 total) to complain all together, that says somethin...and im sure VIS would be more willing to consider is 21 (including carlo) complain.

Honestly, everyone knows we deserve some type of compensation...we've already paid $9200 for them to screw us over, keep giving us false deadlines, and wont say shit about the hood and whats going on. We deserve compensation, but it has to be reasonable...a WW lip...prob not...but free shipping isnt that much to ask from a giant company whos on everyones shitlist, including the BBB. (which i will be more than happy to get involved) I really think we need to push for free shipping as compensation for their horrible company and business..
Where do I have to sign.

-Alex
Old 10-08-2005, 05:32 PM
B A N N E D

some say 460 dollars isnt anything. Others say this. Some say that. The smallest fly can become a worst nightmare.

I will do whatever it takes

and burn them

-Alex-

Quick Reply: C/F Hood Thread Part deau