C/F Hood Thread Part deau

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 09:45 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
C/F Hood Thread Part deau

I figure we still need a thread to talk about our hoods and get updates, so here we go. As far as I know, there is only a few weeks until the hoods arive, to be shipped out to us. Hopefully once the test hood comes in, this week I believe, we can get some pics up in this thread. Cheers
Old 09-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the hood delayed months? What happened with that guy who said the mold was cracked, is he a liar or???
Old 09-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

It is not delayed months, according to carlo, they have a contract to deliver within the next month.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:01 PM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
deux, its spelled deux

or deuce is accepted too.

anyways, great idea with the thread!

-ALex
Old 09-10-2005, 03:31 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Astroboy
He only had a deal to Vend here for 1 month, I gave Carlo an extra 9 days, but it was time to remove his threads.
Soo does this mean like Carlo isnt a member anymore? How are we going to get our updates from him and see the picts!?! I mean WTF!?! I understand rules are rules but this is a major GB thats never been done before and now all the threads are gone!?!
Old 09-10-2005, 03:35 PM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by Acura3.0CL
Soo does this mean like Carlo isnt a member anymore? How are we going to get our updates from him and see the picts!?! I mean WTF!?! I understand rules are rules but this is a major GB thats never been done before and now all the threads are gone!?!
Carlo is still a member like you and I, but he just cant sell anymore items to our fourm members on the forum without signing up to become a vendor again.

However, I cant see why the thread above was closed; its not like there were anymore hoods to sell (all 20 were sold!)... it was just more discussion than anything at this point.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by agranado
However, I cant see why the thread above was closed; its not like there were anymore hoods to sell (all 20 were sold!)... it was just more discussion than anything at this point.
Exactly how I feel...all 20 hoods were sold, it was more of a discussion. (especially recently with the whole "breach of contract thing" )

I mean, I understand rules are rules, but they just killed like 20 pages of info and discussion about our hoods.!?!? Thats just like throwing away a bunch of paperwork with info...

Sooo can we get this thread stickyed, so we can start this one as the offical discussion now!?!
Old 09-10-2005, 04:57 PM
how handsome I am

Exactly how I feel...all 20 hoods were sold, it was more of a discussion. (especially recently with the whole "breach of contract thing" )

I mean, I understand rules are rules, but they just killed like 20 pages of info and discussion about our hoods.!?!? Thats just like throwing away a bunch of paperwork with info...

Sooo can we get this thread stickyed, so we can start this one as the offical discussion now!?!
an issue im still bothered by. Im for bringing the old thread back, if still possible - that way we can continue discussing the hoods.

if thats not possible, I believe our moderators/admins may have made a hasty mistake in deleting the thread.

(*ps, I've also heard that mods/admins are discouraged from deleting threads...)

The more I think about it, the more I'm bothered by the whole situation.

-Alex
Old 09-10-2005, 05:04 PM

Exactly...mee too...I mean, I think vendors have to pay like $250/month anyway!! Since he didnt pay for a second month, then our thread full of info has to be deleated!?! I dont understand why the rules are like this!?! Just take away his "vendor" rights but dont take away "OUR" threads...I mean, yes, different if the hoods were still selling, but they wernt! I really feel like this was a big mistake. And i really hope this didnt piss off Carlo, because, I mean, he helped us out and was able to get us something we've never had before. We should be thanking him. Hopefully this didnt piss him off because we might of just thrown away our chances for a WW lip GB and more CF parts....

Im sorry MODS & ADMINS....I know im just a member and your above me in the chain...but i really dont understand the rules and I disagree with the system...
Old 09-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Banned

personally i think its fucked up, we need carlo back here asap, the admin is full of shit
Old 09-10-2005, 05:59 PM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
FOOK THE SYSTEM!!!!!!

sorry guys love u lol
Old 09-10-2005, 06:00 PM
No Show All Go

what happened to the old tread
Old 09-10-2005, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cali3.0
what happened to the old tread
Ok, Vendors like Carlo have to pay like $250 a month to be able to come on this site and sell their product (thus being a "vendor") Well, Carlo didnt pay for the second month so the admins removed/deleted the thread because Carlo didnt re-up and pay and the thread had to do with him selling the hoods...so the MODS got rid of the thread.

The only thing is that the hoods were already sold...it was now just a discussion thread, expecially with whats happening now because of the "breach of contract on VIS's part"

I mean, im freakin sorry but I DO NOT like this situation....My $460 had been paid for a hood i havnt even seen yet! I dont know when im going to get it or how its going to look on my car. I fronted the $$, then, VIS had a breach in contract, meaning some shit has hit the fan...we dont know whats going on, or whats going to happen, and know our only source of info has been freakin cut off...

So basically, VIS has my $460, my hood, plus they breached contract, and I dont know when i'll get my hood and now our thread has been cut off too...I feel like i just threw away $460 because i have no clue that the F is goin on....
Old 09-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 642 Likes on 284 Posts
I will talk with Carlo and see what is going on, and i'll have him check in here too.

the thread is not gone forever, when i have time, i'll go thru it and edit out the sales pitchy stuff and then i can restore it.

Carlo had never planned to stay for a second month, he was only here to set up the hood GB. I would have thought that he would have brought the thread to a close by himself. Heck, i even gave him more than an extra week to tie up his loose ends with you guys. This is not a heavy handed admin move, it's just the way things worked out.

oh, and recycledpaper: another disrespectful comment like that, and you'll no longer be a member here.

Old 09-10-2005, 07:34 PM
how handsome I am

I will talk with Carlo and see what is going on, and i'll have him check in here too.

the thread is not gone forever, when i have time, i'll go thru it and edit out the sales pitchy stuff and then i can restore it.

Carlo had never planned to stay for a second month, he was only here to set up the hood GB. I would have thought that he would have brought the thread to a close by himself. Heck, i even gave him more than an extra week to tie up his loose ends with you guys. This is not a heavy handed admin move, it's just the way things worked out.

oh, and recycledpaper: another disrespectful comment like that, and you'll no longer be a member here.

Thanks for clearing this up Astro. You've got to understand our concern when a thread that 20~ of your sites members have invested over a potential 500$ in dissapears with no trace...

we cant help but get a little worried when its 86'd without any word.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:19 AM
Instructor

Hey everyone, I'm in San Jose for the weekend helping my brother out at a Mountain Dew event. Just got back at his house today. Astro is right, I did not choose to renew my vendor subscrition since I was only here for the group buy, and I have nothing else to offer the cars on this site besides the carbon hoods. But if there is another group buy that the members are interested in, which I know a lot of you are I will pay the sponsorship fee. I will have more detail about whats going on the hoods with vis on Wendesday of this week since thats when my guy gets back from his business trip. Then we will get some things straigthned out and hopefully the test hood is in by then. I'll also get a accurate ETA on the hoods since it's almost 9 weeks.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

thats right. keep that pimp hand strong
Old 09-11-2005, 05:50 PM
97 2.2cL black

Old 09-11-2005, 08:18 PM

Astro always seems to have good comments...lol...This one is in my Sig...

You're bout to get banned again you fucking retard.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

I love that quote too
Old 09-12-2005, 09:31 PM
how handsome I am

so... carlo. whats the dilly yo
Old 09-12-2005, 10:20 PM

so... carlo. whats the dilly yo
Patience my friend! Patience! lol Did you not read what Carlo said above??

Originally Posted by itzcarlooo
I will have more detail about whats going on the hoods with vis on Wendesday of this week since thats when my guy gets back from his business trip. Then we will get some things straigthned out and hopefully the test hood is in by then. I'll also get a accurate ETA on the hoods since it's almost 9 weeks.

Oh, BTW: 3000 Posts Biotches!!
Old 09-12-2005, 10:21 PM
how handsome I am

Patience my friend! Patience! lol Did you not read what Carlo said above??

Oh, BTW: 3000 Posts Biotches!! :ohsnap
misread, thought he said monday!

and congrats on 3k posts
Old 09-13-2005, 10:58 PM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
Oh, BTW: 3000 Posts Biotches!!
nice...your post whoring very well
Old 09-14-2005, 01:48 AM

whhhaatt !?! not me!...look at klepto, he joined a month before me and hes got like 7,426 posts!
Old 09-14-2005, 09:27 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

whhhaatt !?! not me!...look at klepto, he joined a month before me and hes got like 7,426 posts!
PW'ing his way up to mod status
Old 09-14-2005, 09:37 AM
how handsome I am

it's weeeednesday - Carlo where you beee jiggaa
Old 09-14-2005, 09:47 AM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

hes prolly sitting on some beach, ordering a drink w/ the money you gave him for the hood
Old 09-14-2005, 10:07 AM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by shineynitelite
hes prolly sitting on some beach, ordering a drink w/ the money you gave him for the hood

that's one expensive drink
Old 09-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
heyyy, most of my posts are informative or were used to organize meets
Old 09-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

that's one expensive drink
a BIG expensive drink, I'll IM him when I see him online.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by KLepTo
heyyy, most of my posts are informative or were used to organize meets
Haha you know im ....I just had to point you out cuz they were hatin on my 3K posts...

Hummm....Wed. @ 12:04 Central time....Carlos in CA sooo thats 11:04 there. Hopefully we will know somethin soon!?! I mean, it was suppost to be here like the first week of Sept. Its now the 2nd week. Anyone know when the *9 Weeks* is up? I would of looked on the Order Form but the old thread got jacked.

Also: since they were estimated @ 9 weeks, what happens after that if they dont finish in 9 weeks???
Old 09-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Also: since they were estimated @ 9 weeks, what happens after that if they dont finish in 9 weeks???
We get pissed, and they violate carlo's contract
Old 09-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Instructor

Hey everyone. we just talked to VIS. Test hood is going to be in next week according to my rep, he's been pushing his boss to get the hood in. I'll have it on a car, test fitted with pictures if it arrives next week *crosses fingers*. And about the dilemma with Platano, there's nothing we can do right now since there is no proof of him getting the hood. Theres no use to fight over speculation, its bad business. Anyway, if he does get a hood then its on! haha...allright everyone. NEXT WEEK!!!!!

AND NO I HAVE NOT BEEN ON THE BEACH DRINKING!!! =P

VIS HAS UNTIL THE END OF THE MONTH TO GET ALL 20 HOODS IN. WE'LL SEE HOW IT GOES IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. Hope this info helps, later guys!
Old 09-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

He lives! Glad to see you're still around, I hope that test hood comes soon, waiting is KILLING me. Again, Thanks for the updates carlo, glad to hear you're not at the beach drinking the world's biggest margarita.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

2 weeks to get all 20 hoods in, that's cuttin it close, don't they have to go through customs?
Old 09-14-2005, 01:52 PM
CL 4 LYFE

cant wait for the hood. i mean i can wait.. but yeah. im excited for it. by the time i get the hood, it'll be my bday and i'll have a large turbo and a very nice engine management waiting for me. happy bday to me
Old 09-14-2005, 01:57 PM
blah blah blah

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Need a car to test fit the hood on? haha, i'll do it
Old 09-14-2005, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by itzcarlooo
VIS HAS UNTIL THE END OF THE MONTH TO GET ALL 20 HOODS IN. WE'LL SEE HOW IT GOES IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. Hope this info helps, later guys!
Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
2 weeks to get all 20 hoods in, that's cuttin it close, don't they have to go through customs?
Exactly...thats only like 2 weeks away...What if they dont make it and we dont have our hoods by the end of the month?? Then what happens? Do we get some $$ back cuz they were late??
No seriously, whats happens if VIS goes over the 9 week period and we dont get our hoods until Oct.???

Originally Posted by lnsyone
cant wait for the hood. i mean i can wait.. but yeah. im excited for it. by the time i get the hood, it'll be my bday - happy bday to me
Mee too..(mines on the 25th) The hoods my B-Day gift to myself. Plus now all be lowered w/ new brembo x-drilled rotors and pads! Then hopefully soon after that I'll be able to order my new custom wheels...
-Nothin good like a giant turbo, (lucky!) but its good enough for me..lol

Originally Posted by 99CL
Need a car to test fit the hood on? haha, i'll do it
Umm i think they already have a CL to fit the hood onto...but then again, im not 100% sure.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:25 PM
I need a Hybrid CL-S

If you dont get the hoods on time, as specified in the contract between carlo and VIS, carlo has to sue for breach of contract and receive damages which he can use to pay you guys back your $460. Other then that, your just going to have to wait until they make them and keep posting in this thread every 5 min. I dont have a 1st gen, but i did enjoy reading the old 523 page long thread about the hoods.

Quick Reply: C/F Hood Thread Part deau