bodykit points

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bodykit points

You know where the middle points of the front and back end? For anybody who got a full body kit, how do you deal with the middle points goin down the front and back?
Old 07-13-2004, 02:09 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you get a body kit man the kit will take away from the lines of the CL

the BW2 kit is the only one out and its gay :ghey:

takes away from those lines and its shitty made, check eBay if you want to see pics, most of us here have the ww lip and most are molding it thanks to VXCL also to take into consideration if you have the extra cash you can basically mold onto the stock bumper any kit just take the bottom half and mold it, it will keep the lines of the CL still there just add some aggressivenes to it, like acura1983 did to his car

BTW you pm'ed me about the woodgrain removal instructions, i can send themt o ya but they are too big to send in acl.com pm's, its a 8mb file detailed step by step, the hardest part wil be the center one from all the clips and skrews

you can send me a IM on aol im @ jgiguere17 and i can try to send them to ya

hope i could help

joe
Old 07-13-2004, 04:15 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Molding is the new hottness. This is how my bumper is going to look at then end of teh week.
Molded WW lip along with shaved out bumper lamps
Old 07-13-2004, 04:28 PM
Racer

Damn Ding that new front bumper is just pure hotness make sure to post up pics as soon as it is completed.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Banned

So if i should mold the kit on, i would have to bend the kit a bit right? because of the center it seems to bend in the middle a bit. Because my homeboy is doing my car, and he never delt with a situation where he has to cut urethane, so thats a gamble for me, I was thinking i mine as well gamble on putting a whole full body kit on there, he's questioning the middle lines and bend.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:46 PM
Banned

I appreciate the help.

Originally Posted by 97Acura3.0CL
if you get a body kit man the kit will take away from the lines of the CL

the BW2 kit is the only one out and its gay :ghey:

takes away from those lines and its shitty made, check eBay if you want to see pics, most of us here have the ww lip and most are molding it thanks to VXCL also to take into consideration if you have the extra cash you can basically mold onto the stock bumper any kit just take the bottom half and mold it, it will keep the lines of the CL still there just add some aggressivenes to it, like acura1983 did to his car

BTW you pm'ed me about the woodgrain removal instructions, i can send themt o ya but they are too big to send in acl.com pm's, its a 8mb file detailed step by step, the hardest part wil be the center one from all the clips and skrews

you can send me a IM on aol im @ jgiguere17 and i can try to send them to ya

hope i could help

joe
Old 07-13-2004, 04:48 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Originally Posted by SickAcura
Damn Ding that new front bumper is just pure hotness make sure to post up pics as soon as it is completed.
Thanks man, i can't wait! The only problem now is deciding what to do with the running lights and blinkers. I have to route them somewhere in the headlamp, i am thinking maybe in the high beams because i never use them due to teh HID's. Either there or the corners.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:50 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Originally Posted by CL850
So if i should mold the kit on, i would have to bend the kit a bit right? because of the center it seems to bend in the middle a bit. Because my homeboy is doing my car, and he never delt with a situation where he has to cut urethane, so thats a gamble for me, I was thinking i mine as well gamble on putting a whole full body kit on there, he's questioning the middle lines and bend.
What kind of kit do you have? I def think that there is some kind of molding involved with making a custom kit, but to what extent i am unsure. Ross made a few custom kits, but never really explained how he did it.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:05 PM
Banned

yeah, see the only kit i like from the honda accord is the buddy club 2, its a little crazy but when its all finished i think it would all look clean. But those pionts seems like its making the front and end point out. My friend he's very good in painting, but he has no idea how you can over come them points and he wouldn't let anything leave his shop looking ghetto rigged so, i just want to make sure with your help.

Originally Posted by ding069
What kind of kit do you have? I def think that there is some kind of molding involved with making a custom kit, but to what extent i am unsure. Ross made a few custom kits, but never really explained how he did it.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:34 PM
roomate has a CL too

I still don't get the term "shaved" (when talking about a car) when you shave you door handles you fill them in... when you shave your rain things on the top of the car it is filled in... when you shave your bumper lights you fill them in...

is it refering to the sanding needed to be done?? Im not understanding why someone called it shaving and it stuck.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:12 AM
RODDYS

CL850 you need to talk to casper his kit looked good the way he had it and it was from an accord he sold it but he can tell you what you need to know