best way to dye interior?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best way to dye interior?

what the best way and best paint or dye to dye interior from tan to black? I mean dashbroad door panels a plliars and so on without chipping or flacking?
Old 01-20-2004, 10:19 AM
who got the best deal?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn i;ve been wanting to hear this answer for a while anyone know it?? i heard o murrays paint but no defineti answer
Old 01-20-2004, 10:57 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by red99cl2.3
damn i;ve been wanting to hear this answer for a while anyone know it?? i heard o murrays paint but no defineti answer
From my experience of painting computers, I used a product called interior Vinyl dye spray. It works on plastic like items in our car interiors. The way this stuff works is that it seems into the pores and becomes part of the material. It is very forgiving I admit that. If u over spray u can wait for the overspray to blend into the material over a short period of time. And then disappear. The stuff is kinda werid on how it works. I am thinking about doing a black and tan thing with my seats being two toned and my dash being two toned in black and tan. This certainly would be nice. I gotta find more pics of cars like this and maybe order new seats covers from katzkins.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:01 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by fusionnv
From my experience of painting computers, I used a product called interior Vinyl dye spray. It works on plastic like items in our car interiors. The way this stuff works is that it seems into the pores and becomes part of the material. It is very forgiving I admit that. If u over spray u can wait for the overspray to blend into the material over a short period of time. And then disappear. The stuff is kinda werid on how it works. I am thinking about doing a black and tan thing with my seats being two toned and my dash being two toned in black and tan. This certainly would be nice. I gotta find more pics of cars like this and maybe order new seats covers from katzkins.
Oh i forgot to mention, the stuff doesn't seem to chip or flake. Test it on a piece of plastic from a computer or car part that is plastic and u see wat i mean. Also the finish is not glossy and not dull. It kinda looks like a car dash.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:13 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

vinyl die... absolutely.. hold well on the doors and stuff but on hard plastic it scratches...

I gutted my interior except dash... cleaned and sprayed away... It took 4 cans... I touch it up every 2 or so months only on center console and door sil...

Check pics... www.fotki.com/casper98cl