Audi A6 HID Projector Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 12:37 AM
A-CL Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A6 HID Projector Question

Does anyone here know if the Audi A6 Projectors will fit in the 1st gen CL headlight casings?

All i've been able to find on this forum is about using Audi TT and BMW 3series projectors, but never was anything about an Audi A6 projector mentioned.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:33 PM
AWD Torque Monster

they are all bout the same size. none fit to begin with so it really doesnt matter. u got to cut the headlamp up for any one u choose. use what u can get. i should have a nice collection of projectors in a couple days. thinkin bout sellin em for $175 shipped. depends what i get em for. maybe $150 for u acura-cl peeps. ill let u know. ill have all kinds.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:21 PM
A-CL Member

cut up the headlamp eh? that's something i never considered... VXCL, thanks for the info. i'm gonna get these projectors, and give the installation a shot over spring break (which starts in two days).

here's a link that i found that ppl might find useful:
http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/car-oem-hid.htm
Old 03-12-2003, 11:52 PM
Instructor

I have A6 projectors IN my accord headlights... but like he said, they are all pretty much the same basic size.

A lot of people tend to put the projector behind the headlight, so just the glass lens can be seen inside the housing, and the headlight looks relatively stock. This is ok, however, you'll get a lot of bad reflections from the bottom and sides of the stock reflector... the projector is made to be close to the lens of the headlight.

My projectors are inside the housings totally... I just have to finish off the "wall" to hide the back side of the projector and make them look like they belong in there... for that i'm going to use parts from the origional A6 housing... like the chrome ring that surrounds the glass lens of the projector. Its a tedious and very time consuming project, but i'll get it done someday... if I had another pair of headlights it would be a lot easier, as I have to drive my car every day and it looks a tad weird with no front bumper and no headlights.

Be sure to give yourself PLENTY of time, especially if you have no idea what you are doing. It takes a good 2-3 hours for a novice just to get the headlights off the car.

Theres many ways of doing it, and no right or wrong way... its all preference... you just have to be careful and dont expect to drive the car for a few days, unless you have another pair of headlights.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:03 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VX be sure to post what u get in..
Old 03-13-2003, 01:00 PM
AWD Torque Monster

i will. the place im gettin them from is very busy, so i have to check back with them, but he said he'll hook me up so we'll see. i do kinda know him personally. also i completely enclosed my projector also. now my car looks like a s2000 from far away with the purple / orange corners. i bout to go to my friends house and have him burn the vid on a cd cuz im sick o0f waitin for him to email it to me. i took it 2 nights ago. i spent A LOT OF TIME figuring out how to keep it oem looking and seal the hole i cut so no dirt and moisture gets in from the back of the housing.