Old 02-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DivineCL
CL Sleeper I think you should tell a mod so they ban Paul for
being a lying thief. They did you dirty bro. How much did you
pay for the headlights?
Originally Posted by jandj2204
yea this sounds like sum bullshit to me..just dont see why he doesnt step up and talk directly to sleeper..its really sum bitch sht if i ever seen it...
Agreed.. I paid a little over 2 billz.. members doing members wrong he's got 2 #'s where I can be reached at.. me and my bro's
Old 02-17-2005, 08:34 PM
~aka~chester~pingusa~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking your all full of it

i saw the headlights right be for he shipped em and they were fine . you guys are so negative in here about this .........................ups DID f em up and he should of filed a claim with them and not trying to blame paul . he is a stand up guy
Old 02-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by laslo
i saw the headlights right be for he shipped em and they were fine . you guys are so negative in here about this .........................ups DID f em up and he should of filed a claim with them and not trying to blame paul . he is a stand up guy
Well i really think if CLver is good for it, why not just step up and at least contact Sleeper. Give him a call maybe? And not go through a middle man. Its not that hard....
Old 02-17-2005, 11:55 PM
eh f**k altezzas.

Originally Posted by CL SLeePeR
Correction on UPS ground, I used to ship a lot of packages at a previous job,(about 200 per day) it should take no more than 6 business days. Thanks for your help.
im also a former UPS employee. from what you say we were deallin with more weight than you but its all good. on a slow night we had at least 300 next day and probably another 1200 ground. just in my little 5 hour shift. nice to meet a fellow UPSer that has a CL. most of the people i workd with had jeeps and volkswagens. one chick drove a kia something and always bragged about her 120hp. i swear i tried not to laugh at her but i just couldnt help myself.

sorry to hear about your shit man. i have seen UPS truck drivers beat on packages that said fragile. as a matter of fact he was hitting it right ON the fragile label. on the other hand it is fuckd up he had time to talk to homie instead of you.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:15 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by laslo
So a chipped headlamp with orange paint and bondo is what you call fine..? Oh yea, what about the dremeled wedge sockets? I couldn't even put a regular wedge bulb in the housing.. I did try and file a claim and it is the shipper's responsibility to file a claim... this was stated earlier in this post.... I cannot even find out where the claim stands.. Stand up guy huh? How come he hasn't called me to let me know what's up with the claim?? He has yet to respond to my emails or call me.. According to the UPS shipping store the headlamps were sitting there for over a month... I know I spoke with the store manager.. Bottom line is, I have been more than patient with the guy and he can't even call and let me know what's going on? I have never talked shit about anyone on this forum as I see no need to.. plus online chatter is pussy shit... If he's a stand up guy he would have contacted me by now... He was on lastnite and did not respond to my post or pm..
Old 02-18-2005, 01:24 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by BlueCLRycR
im also a former UPS employee. from what you say we were deallin with more weight than you but its all good. on a slow night we had at least 300 next day and probably another 1200 ground. just in my little 5 hour shift. nice to meet a fellow UPSer that has a CL. most of the people i workd with had jeeps and volkswagens. one chick drove a kia something and always bragged about her 120hp. i swear i tried not to laugh at her but i just couldnt help myself.

sorry to hear about your shit man. i have seen UPS truck drivers beat on packages that said fragile. as a matter of fact he was hitting it right ON the fragile label. on the other hand it is fuckd up he had time to talk to homie instead of you.
Feel ya brotha.. I used to work out of the LA/Gardena hub... 800-1500 packages a nite within the grueling 5 hours.. no one has a cL at the job site either.. one hooked up accord but that's about it..
However, I do agree with you on packages and the way they are treated... I just don't believe that this was caused while in transit... His description of the headlamps was far from true.. Box was not damaged in any way.. They usually just check and see if the item is okay and tape up the box if it's been punctured and off it goes...
Old 02-18-2005, 03:28 AM
Instructor

So a chipped headlamp with orange paint and bondo is what you call fine..? Oh yea, what about the dremeled wedge sockets? I couldn't even put a regular wedge bulb in the housing.. I did try and file a claim and it is the shipper's responsibility to file a claim... this was stated earlier in this post.... I cannot even find out where the claim stands.. Stand up guy huh? How come he hasn't called me to let me know what's up with the claim?? He has yet to respond to my emails or call me.. According to the UPS shipping store the headlamps were sitting there for over a month... I know I spoke with the store manager.. Bottom line is, I have been more than patient with the guy and he can't even call and let me know what's going on? I have never talked shit about anyone on this forum as I see no need to.. plus online chatter is pussy shit... If he's a stand up guy he would have contacted me by now... He was on lastnite and did not respond to my post or pm..
Well this is a nice thread to come onto. I am going to address this quote as it seems to be through. Yes, there was orange paint and bondo on the rear on the headlights. In the FS post i stated that they were off of a guy who had them in a cali cl conversion. There was some orange paint on the rear and some bondo as well. Can this be cleaned off, yes. Did I think it was a huge deal since you cant see this when they are installed, no. And if you search you can see the pics which were up with the fs post. As far as a dremel tool to the sockets, I never installed them in my car so I wouldnt know if they were altered but when i picked them ( I drove at sf to get them which is about 70 min away) and looked at them the lenses were in good shape (no pitting or deep scratches) no broken mounting tabs and no cracks in the housings. I bought these because as anyone who has looked on ebay knows that these lights are hard to find and go for a lot of money. And the price for the headlights was 180 shipped....let me check my paypal to verify that....paypal down for the night.....I could be wrong and i can check tomorrow.

" I did try and file a claim and it is the shipper's responsibility to file a claim... this was stated earlier in this post.... I cannot even find out where the claim stands.. "

I did call ups and file the claim. I than sent you a pm telling you that ups was going to pick up the lights and gave the day and time. I also gave you the number and location of where the lights were shipped from as well as the address.

"Stand up guy huh? How come he hasn't called me to let me know what's up with the claim?? He has yet to respond to my emails or call me."

You called the number and talked to the manager about the claim several times earlier and also recently. If you have all the info and numbers and EVERYTHING which i have why do you need an update from me? If you want an update everyday you can call them everyday. I dont have any special resources that are not available to you. I have not read any of your pm's and your message receipt requested should confirm that, but i will read them as soon as i finish this post.

If you want an update here is an update: I was called by the manager for a second time because ups wanted "proof of value." so i went to niello acura on madison and had them print up that "proof" and than brought it over to roseville (total trip milage about 80 miles) About a week later i received a call from the manager asking if the headlights could come "apart" and replace just the back. I told her that the lenses were for all intents and purposes "one" piece since you can not just buy a back for the headlight at the acura dealer. She said that was all the info she needed. I would have no problem using the headlights for another project if the were in the SAME condition in which i shipped them. Paint is can be cleaned, a crack through the housing can not. It is not MY fault that UPS broke the headlights. I did what i feel was my part of the obligation. If you want someone to burn on than burn on ups. They have your headlights, not me. The headlights were insured as they should have been. I dont know what other posts are out there about these headlights but i did not know they were that big of an issue to the entire board. If anyone wants to talk to me about this email me at paulsebern@gmail.com ( On that note if anyone needs a gmail address (provided by google) i have 20 left to give out. gmail threads messages just like this forum and gives 1000mbs of storage. With that said I will go back to looking for pics of the veilside kit after reading my pm's
Old 02-18-2005, 03:32 AM
Instructor

I thought since this is all out in the open i would respond to the my pm.....

You have 1 Unread Messages

Private Messages in Folder: Inbox

02-16-2005 Head lamps
11:57 PM CL SLeePeR

02-03-2005 Re: Whats the deal on RAZR andv600
03:01 PM bimmer88

02-02-2005 Re: Whats the deal on RAZR andv600
02:24 PM bimmer88

01-31-2005 Re: Questions
12:26 PM bimmer88

01-27-2005 Re: What to do?
12:36 PM bimmer88

That is my message history....

Head lamps
hey what's up with the money for the head lamps??

I have not spoke to anyone since they asked me the question about the headlamps. I CAN call them and ask them about it though since you might have lost the contact info. I will reply on this thread tomorrow with the answer.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:34 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by WayFastWhitey
better shipping practices would take care of that, a little 99 cent bubble wrap and some tape would do him good
clsleeper, would you like to tell this guy how much 99 cent bubble wrap WAS in that box? How about the amount of tape?
Old 02-18-2005, 03:42 AM
Instructor

Price was a little over 2 billz. He did ship them and I did recieve them but, they were not IMO worth the money.
Nevermind, you did tell him about the bubble wrap...... Here is a listing of the going prices of used cl headlights and their conditions..... IMO is your opinion and here is the markets opinion. These prices are for ONE headlight, btw.

Headlight Assembly
Acura CL TAB BROKE MUST GLUE 020854 $175 Mobile Import Salvage USA-AL(Theodore) E-mail 1-800-223-9093

Right Headlight Assembly
Acura CL RH 00004440 $165 Lacey Used Auto Parts USA-NJ(Newark) Request_Quote 1-800-741-0653 Request_Insurance_Quote

Headlight Assembly
Acura CL 1 MT CRACKED, 1 MT GONE 3 MTS GOOD D0883 $150 Veldman's Auto Parts USA-IN(South-Bend) E-mail 1-800-888-3821

Headlight Assembly
Acura CL RH - LAT 2180 $150 TTT Auto Recycler, Inc. USA-TX(Kennedale) Request_Quote 1-800-565-7781 Request_Insurance_Quote

Headlight Assembly
Acura CL WHITE 401282 $150 Robertson Auto Salvage USA-MA(Wareham) E-mail 1-800-551-7000

Headlight Assembly
Acura CL -RH,IN NOS,-69K 042372 $150 Gundies Inc. USA-WA(Bellingham) E-mail 1-800-444-4344

Right Headlight Assembly
Acura CL SRS40071 $125 GreenLeaf MA Shirley USA-MA(Shirley) E-mail 1-800-752-0146

Headlight Assembly
Acura CL RH, CRACKED 2CT51 $125 3M Auto Dismantling USA-CA(San-Jose) E-mail 1-408-998-8661

Headlight Assembly
Acura CL 2DR,12-96,SLV,FADED, 2-05 05A117 $125 Japanese & European Auto Parts USA-FL(Tampa) Request_Quote 1-813-663-9741 Request_Insurance_Quote

Headlight Assembly
Acura CL 2DR,CPE,FWD,CL,11-97 ,CLOUDY,W-116 CO 054839 $100 University Auto Recyclers USA-FL(Pensacola) E-mail 1-800-476-2984

So for two two headlights with NO broken tabs, non cloudy lenses and no major scratches and no pitting you paid 180-200 shipped. for two. You could have bought two headlights with broken tabs for 350. My point? You got a good buy, they were worth the money (if they had not been broken by ups) and the one which was not broken could have been sold for most of what you paid.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:03 PM
~aka~chester~pingusa~

YUP . what he said
Old 02-19-2005, 03:06 AM
Pro

Yes, there was orange paint and bondo on the rear on the headlights. In the FS post i stated that they were off of a guy who had them in a cali cl conversion. There was some orange paint on the rear and some bondo as well. Can this be cleaned off, yes. Did I think it was a huge deal since you cant see this when they are installed, no
Where was that stated in your original for sale thread? Here's the link..1st gen headlights
If you have all the info and numbers and EVERYTHING which i have why do you need an update from me? If you want an update everyday you can call them everyday.
Are you serious?? Who do you think is going to recieve the claim money for the headlamps? UPS will cut you the check, not me. Why else would I be asking you what's up with the claim. Therefore I feel that you should be on top of this. Either that or give me my money back... period! Maybe then you will feel a little more motivated to call them asking for your money. I'm out the 2 billz and it's going on a little over 3 months now.
If you want an update here is an update: I was called by the manager for a second time because ups wanted "proof of value." so i went to niello acura on madison and had them print up that "proof" and than brought it over to roseville (total trip milage about 80 miles) About a week later i received a call from the manager asking if the headlights could come "apart" and replace just the back. I told her that the lenses were for all intents and purposes "one" piece since you can not just buy a back for the headlight at the acura dealer. She said that was all the info she needed.
And when was this? Again, they WILL not release any information to me about the claim. Why not have them mail me the check then...
I thought since this is all out in the open i would respond to the my pm.....

You have 1 Unread Messages

Private Messages in Folder: Inbox

02-16-2005 Head lamps
11:57 PM CL SLeePeR

02-03-2005 Re: Whats the deal on RAZR andv600
03:01 PM bimmer88

02-02-2005 Re: Whats the deal on RAZR andv600
02:24 PM bimmer88

01-31-2005 Re: Questions
12:26 PM bimmer88

01-27-2005 Re: What to do?
12:36 PM bimmer88

That is my message history....

Head lamps
hey what's up with the money for the head lamps??

I have not spoke to anyone since they asked me the question about the headlamps. I CAN call them and ask them about it though since you might have lost the contact info. I will reply on this thread tomorrow with the answer
There were more then these.. all of the pm's were lost when ACL was down for the upgrade.. I do however have all of the pm's copied and saved on my comp. This thread was not posted to make you seem like a bad guy.. A couple of guys here say that you are a stand up guy... I personally do not know you.. Bottom line is I'm out the money and this has gone on for some time now.. they should have made a decision by now.
I CAN call them and ask them about it though since you might have lost the contact info. I will reply on this thread tomorrow with the answer.
I will await your response as you stated...
Old 02-19-2005, 03:21 AM
Instructor

The manager at longs who is handeling the claim was not working today but will be in tomorrow....

Here is a quote from the fd thread

"Set is used, 6 months old, out of an integra (cali integra conversion.) The guy i bought these from put his car back to stock to sell it. No damage/leaks and i just cleaned the lenses on them and they look like they are brand new. There is no pitting/chips on either lens. All brackets are intact."

I was told that you were to receive the check because you were the one who origionally received the goods. The last contact I had with them was about a month ago and they are supposed to mail YOU the check, not me.

Last time i talked to the manager she said she had talked to you, so i am unclear on what you mean by them not releasing information to you.......
Old 02-19-2005, 03:28 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by CLver
The manager at longs who is handeling the claim was not working today but will be in tomorrow....

Here is a quote from the fd thread

"Set is used, 6 months old, out of an integra (cali integra conversion.) The guy i bought these from put his car back to stock to sell it. No damage/leaks and i just cleaned the lenses on them and they look like they are brand new. There is no pitting/chips on either lens. All brackets are intact."

I was told that you were to receive the check because you were the one who origionally received the goods. The last contact I had with them was about a month ago and they are supposed to mail YOU the check, not me.

Last time i talked to the manager she said she had talked to you, so i am unclear on what you mean by them not releasing information to you.......
I called UPS and they would not release any info to me.. The lady at Long's just told me that they had been there for some time and that they could not get a hold of you. I will follow up on Monday and see who the check is going to. Did they give you a claim # or anything? If possible can you give me a tracking number or anything that lists a claim #.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:29 AM
Pro

Well??
Old 02-27-2005, 04:10 PM
Pro

1 week later.. still nothing...