anyone knows if Legendary98CL is around here?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 03:06 PM
'07 November = STI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
also! the rims were back on his car cause he messaged me saying he wanted his mom's friend to pick up the car. i really regret i put the rims back on before i took off to LA!! ATLEAST i would've been able to buy those from him!!
Old 02-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,465 Likes on 3,059 Posts
Glad you came back around to answer. Sucks the cops took the car, but it's not surprising if you were driving around an expired car that wasn't yours. I removed your phone number because I wouldn't want my phone number posted on the open internet.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:40 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
Oh that dude. I thought it was a different member. Yea, he's trust worthy.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Sounders FC

wtf I can't believe that cops can auction stuff that isn't theirs without even trying to contact the actual owner....
Old 02-24-2008, 07:37 PM
One custom CL

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
I honestly feel bad for you nippon. You dont know where your car is and thats very sad. im sorry things had to turn out this way.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
damn. i feel bad now.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Danil ACE
wtf I can't believe that cops can auction stuff that isn't theirs without even trying to contact the actual owner....
cops can pretty much do whatever they want...if the original owner, in WA state that I know of, does not claim his/her in a timely fashion, then the car can be auctioned off regardless of what part of the world they are in.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:28 PM
98 3.0CL

Originally Posted by BigLizard
cops can pretty much do whatever they want...if the original owner, in WA state that I know of, does not claim his/her in a timely fashion, then the car can be auctioned off regardless of what part of the world they are in.
man, that not even right. sorry to hear about the loss nippon
Old 02-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Old 02-24-2008, 10:08 PM
'07 November = STI

btw guyz, i still have 1 front bumper looks like it'll fit a 98-02 accord, 2 rear bumpers might fit the CL or the accord, a set of side skirts, 2 koni blue shocks that looks like it'll fit the first gen CL, 4 fender flares... and a rear bumper lip.. im not sure what car these are for, but i grabbed them from nippon's place after he moved. you should ask him for more details. the money i get from these parts will go straight to him anyways. i really dont have time to pack and ship these, so pick up only!
Old 02-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
man that really sucks nippon. horrible. the system really sucks sometimes.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by legendaryCL98
btw guyz, i still have 1 front bumper looks like it'll fit a 98-02 accord, 2 rear bumpers might fit the CL or the accord, a set of side skirts, 2 koni blue shocks that looks like it'll fit the first gen CL, 4 fender flares... and a rear bumper lip.. im not sure what car these are for, but i grabbed them from nippon's place after he moved. you should ask him for more details. the money i get from these parts will go straight to him anyways. i really dont have time to pack and ship these, so pick up only!
Any sale threads must go to the black market forum, that would be pretty tough considering he's out of the country so I have my doubts this will work. But the rules are all sales must be done from the BM
Old 02-24-2008, 11:47 PM
666 Speed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats bull***t... I'm sorry, but thats really some f'ed up stuff..
Old 02-25-2008, 01:40 AM
Moderator Alumnus

what's the guarantee that Dave is going to give the money "auctioned" off and given straight to nippon?

This is an irritating story...
Old 02-25-2008, 02:04 AM
Sounders FC

There must be some way to get your car back...maybe if you show proof of ownership you can have the cops give it back to you.

Of course if an asian old woman is driving your lowered car with a full lip kit, then who knows what condition it's in right now....

Looking through my spotting post I made about your car a while back (I'm 100% it was yours after looking at pics), your car was riding on your rims at least up until late November (20 something). I remember this because I was driving my mom's Murano and I noticed the grill (first thing I noticed), lip, clear corners, drop, rims, etc stuff that I haven't seen on any CLs around here.

So if you can't get your car back somehow, it looks to me like Legendary98CL owes you at least 7 or 8 grand at minimum. Plus however much your audio and whatever else he has is worth.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:20 AM
nippon_wa 2.0

omg, wtf is that....... i can't believe this happened...

what i don't understand is that how come he did NOT email me back AT ALL if this happened.. even tho he's busy, he didn't use internet at all? even just 5 min to let me know??

it's not just some parts... its MY CAR with full tuned as u guys know..

and the ownership of my car is.. i think it's my mom's friend.. she's still in WA, so the cop probably contacted her.. if so, she would call me..but i got nothin from her..

i don't really understand...

hey David, when was this thing happened? can u tell me exact date? or ANY INFO about the cop that took my car? or any info?

or can anybody help me out what i should do??
Old 02-25-2008, 04:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
Originally Posted by nippon_wa
omg, wtf is that....... i can't believe this happened...

what i don't understand is that how come he did NOT email me back AT ALL if this happened.. even tho he's busy, he didn't use internet at all? even just 5 min to let me know??

it's not just some parts... its MY CAR with full tuned as u guys know..

and the ownership of my car is.. i think it's my mom's friend.. she's still in WA, so the cop probably contacted her.. if so, she would call me..but i got nothin from her..

i don't really understand...

hey David, when was this thing happened? can u tell me exact date? or ANY INFO about the cop that took my car? or any info?

or can anybody help me out what i should do??
there should be a police report of impounding. so i would keep that in mind.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:58 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by asianspec
there should be a police report of impounding. so i would keep that in mind.

I would still keep on calling him just to make sure something gets straightened out.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:29 AM
'07 November = STI

It was back in August of 2007 when they took it away. And to tell everybody here, i did nippon a HUGE FAVOR for holding on to the car at my house for three years. the car probably wouldve been impounded anyways if he had left it where i had found it. Storage costs for a car alone would cost ALOT of money. This is NOT my fault, and if you must blame somebody blame the cops. SORRY Sun! After I got back from LA i was seriously swamped with a second business and logging on to acurazine was the last thing on my mind. the only reason i remembered to log on was somebody on here messaged me on my phone.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:36 AM
'07 November = STI

Dude.. if your mom's sister was in washington why didnt she call me earlier?!?! none of this wouldve happened if she had just called me a little earlier last year! I even gave you my number dude.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Sounds like the car has already been auctioned, but Nippon, you and Legendary might wanna take this to a PM conversation, I don't know that you want all this aired to the whole forum. Let me know if you take it to PM and I will close this thread. This thread was for you to get in touch with legend, you guys should take it to private conversations now if at all possible.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:52 AM
'07 November = STI

Originally Posted by BigLizard
what's the guarantee that Dave is going to give the money "auctioned" off and given straight to nippon?

This is an irritating story...
if you guys buy the parts, ill be happy to wire the money to nippon via paypal. this seems like the only thing i could do for him. sorry again sun, but the situation was out of my hands. when you come back to the states ill tell you as much as i know in person. but what i explained before is pretty much all i know and all that was given to me since it wasnt my car in the first place.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:08 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
If your mom's friend has the car, that's good news. I would go about the situation from there. It can be bought back easily I think. Unless, she's not so good of a friend...
Old 02-25-2008, 08:11 PM
nippon_wa 2.0

It was back in August of 2007 when they took it away. And to tell everybody here, i did nippon a HUGE FAVOR for holding on to the car at my house for three years. the car probably wouldve been impounded anyways if he had left it where i had found it. Storage costs for a car alone would cost ALOT of money. This is NOT my fault, and if you must blame somebody blame the cops. SORRY Sun! After I got back from LA i was seriously swamped with a second business and logging on to acurazine was the last thing on my mind. the only reason i remembered to log on was somebody on here messaged me on my phone.
Man... I don't know where to start..

[i did nippon a HUGE FAVOR for holding on to the car at my house for three years. ]
[Storage costs for a car alone would cost ALOT of money 2/25/08]
actually it's two years.. and I haven't got ur reply back for 9months. out of two yrs. You told me u did this for a favor, but now u r saying lots of money?? when u do a favor for someone, and if it takes long, do u just throw away without telling them?? cuz it's NOT ur thing???? wow If you thought like this for whole time, I'm so sorry for that.. just at least u let me know that u couldn't keep my car any longer, i would ask someone else to keep it. Also, if i rented the storage, then my car would be still there. I'm not saying i would pay for renting the storage for years, I'm saying they would still have it..not like someone else..

when i said i really appreciated that you kept my car in almost every PMs, and you replied me that
[hehe no problem bro lol.. u gave me hecka parts for cheap, this is the least i could do ]
yeah, i gave you lots of parts for cheap..
also at that time, I gave you my triple pod w/ gauges FOR FREE for keeping that..

[HEY BRO! i used the rims, but they're in the same condition keke.. 6/10/07]
also, since u kept my car for free, i didn't say anything when u used my rims WITHOUT my permission or letting me know i don't care if it's in same condition or whatever..

[This is NOT my fault, and if you must blame somebody blame the cops.]
[Dude.. if your mom's sister was in washington why didnt she call me earlier?!?! none of this wouldve happened if she had just called me a little earlier last year! I even gave you my number dude.]
Sounds like you r saying it's my fault that I didn't tell her to call you..
This is why I'm pissed off and write this whole f'ed up story..
Think opposite, why didn't you send me a PM when u thought u didn't want to keep my car for no more.. or when it was towed by police??

Because u didn't reply me at all, i didn't know what happed there.. and u always told me u were busy, so i was just wait.. guess it was too long... sorry I entered the army Aug,2 07.

[After I got back from LA i was seriously swamped with a second business and logging on to acurazine was the last thing on my mind. the only reason i remembered to log on was somebody on here messaged me on my phone.2/24/08]
I know u were damn busy so u didn't even remember the acurazine or forgot to PM me back while u were having MY car and MY other stuff

[also! the rims were back on his car cause he messaged me saying he wanted his mom's friend to pick up the car. i really regret i put the rims back on before i took off to LA!! ATLEAST i would've been able to buy those from him!! 2/24/08]

like you said almost every PM that u were busy..and you forgot the acurazine, and didn't even have time to email me back, but you had time to put my rims back on?

our last conversation was ended on 6/10/07. (this was the date when i got ur last PM.) at that time, we were talking 'bout you wanted to buy my car and rims..

i actually sent lots of PMs after that but u didn't PM me back at all, so i dont really remember what i said.. but sounds like you checked my messages and didn't pm me back...cuz u r saying a different story that my mom's friend wanted to pick it up... i checked ur last PM, and you said
[as for the car, ill buy it from you, but i dont have much $$ right now, im still saving up, but my mom says she'll lend me 4K to buy it from you. tell me what you think. 6/10/07]

In ur last reply, u said u used my rims already, and u wanted to buy my car and rims, but now ur saying that my mom's friend wanted to pick it up, so u put my rims back on? even u didn't have time to PM me back? also, u didn't have time to let me know that my car is towed by police??in last year??

I think its my fault that i trust you too much..

I'm trying to call to my mom's friend, and I'll tell her the story and ask her to check the police...

So, give me more time.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:19 PM
nippon_wa 2.0

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Sounds like the car has already been auctioned, but Nippon, you and Legendary might wanna take this to a PM conversation, I don't know that you want all this aired to the whole forum. Let me know if you take it to PM and I will close this thread. This thread was for you to get in touch with legend, you guys should take it to private conversations now if at all possible.
I'm sorry, i didn't want to make the thread like this... but there's nothin I could do since he came up like that..said it's not his fault, or out of his hands, and tried to make that is my fault..

I don't know 'bout U.S cultures or rules well, but I guess it's wrong..I trust him too much..
Old 02-25-2008, 08:23 PM
nippon_wa 2.0

hey guyz!! SORRY i didnt come on this site for a really long time!! been busy running my business! NO! i didnt jack nippon's car!! the COPS did. i couldnt stop them either cause the said the car didnt belong to me. tabs were expired and i guess they had his name on file as leaving the country. last thing i heard was the car was in a impound lot to be auctioned. if you guyz saw it driving around with a old lady it actually might be true. SORRY nippon!! i tried to hold on to it for you dude!
you even heard the news, and u didn't even try to contact me or AT LEAST PM ME. because you were busy, and it was not yours? what did u try though? told the cop to not to tow the car? better contact me.. then i could have done somethin..

it's not something that is done by saying sorry..
Old 02-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by nippon_wa
I'm sorry, i didn't want to make the thread like this... but there's nothin I could do since he came up like that..said it's not his fault, or out of his hands, and tried to make that is my fault..

I don't know 'bout U.S cultures or rules well, but I guess it's wrong..I trust him too much..
Since he has been ignoring your PM's I will leave this thread open, but other people please stay out of it. I will not allow him to sell your parts in here, especially not without your consent. Personally it sounds like legend still has your rims but that's only my speculation. It is a shame that this has escalated like this. Leaving the car with him was a tough thing to do, and I'm sure an inconvenience for him as well, however you are 100% correct that he was responsilble for your property and should have notified you that something had happened, especially in the 8 months. But that's not up to me to judge either. Hope your Mom's friend can figure something out, but it sounds like the car went to auction months ago.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
Legendary. I will say this. Exchange phone numbers, talk to nippon. This is not the place to deal it out. PM, email, whatever, but take it some other medium that's more private than an open forum. This is between the two of you, and no one else, so there is no need for anyone else to post here unless it's absolutely necessary.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 02-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
jeez i knew someone was gonna do that.

this probaly really isnt any of our buisness to be honest.

i guess just let us know what happened to the car when you find out.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

Originally Posted by 972xghost

Couldn't resist!

Looking back at that post now, It was a stupid thing to do.

Hope you get ur car back nippon.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:55 PM
where is....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 972xghost

my thoughts exactly, this really is something between those two.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Since he has been ignoring your PM's I will leave this thread open, but other people please stay out of it.
Originally Posted by GhettoNinja06
Old 02-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

yeah, my bad... I wrote the apology post after I read that. Stupid thing to do. Sorry.
Delete my posts please?
Old 02-25-2008, 11:57 PM
'07 November = STI

sorry you feel that way nippon. tell your mom's friend to swing by and pick up your parts too while your at it. ill have them ready for her.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:40 AM
1st Gen CL Noob

nippon_wa:

I would suggest giving someone your VIN# and having them track down your car through DVM office? to find out if its been registered to someone else.

Also I would look into contacting the local authorities to find out if there is anything that can be done, given the circumstances.

As for LegendaryCL98, the story you provide is vague and suspect. I can only assume you were careless and decided to take the car out for a drive without thinking about the possibilities and the ramifications of driving someone elses car without insurance and expired plates.

I hope the two of you can straighten this out, it sounds really bad that someone just might have been left with the short end of the stick...

Just my $0.02
Old 02-26-2008, 10:56 AM
'07 November = STI

Originally Posted by 1V4N
As for LegendaryCL98, the story you provide is vague and suspect. I can only assume you were careless and decided to take the car out for a drive without thinking about the possibilities and the ramifications of driving someone elses car without insurance and expired plates.
Do not assume anything.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:35 PM
One custom CL

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
sorry you feel that way nippon. tell your mom's friend to swing by and pick up your parts too while your at it. ill have them ready for her.

I don't know you and in all honesty I would rather not but you sound like the biggest prick. Show some compasion for the whole situation. The guy didn't lose anything small. Shit is just a car.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:51 PM
'07 November = STI

Originally Posted by SupraManAG
I don't know you and in all honesty I would rather not but you sound like the biggest prick. Show some compasion for the whole situation. The guy didn't lose anything small. Shit is just a car.
yes, you don't know me.

i hope the admins here can lock this thread. i sent nippon PM's and im awaiting his reply.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
Done, for many reasons.