almost hit a cop

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 03:40 AM
07 tl-s in

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
almost hit a cop

Just made a coffee run for work and was coming out an intersection where there is like no light at all. i looked both ways and started to go when i heard brakes lock up then a cop appeared in front of me (he had to go on the wrong side of the road to avoid hitting me).i didn't see him at all he had no lights on, none at all!! so needless to say i got pulled over and get the why do you need dark windows on you car if you have nothing to hide speech.searched me and my car cuz he said my windows were unsafe and i told him driving here with no lights is unsafe so he said i was a smartass.but he "did me a favor"and didn't "write me up". just got this car tinted 1-2 weeks ago 5% all around. anyone have any tricks to see better at night in areas with no light?i had 5%before on my other cars but this time it seems darker for some reason
Old 01-10-2006, 03:55 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
umm, get bright spotlights attached to the roof facing every direction. or just roll the window down
Old 01-10-2006, 03:56 AM
07 tl-s in

Originally Posted by saiko_cl_duck
umm, get bright spotlights attached to the roof facing every direction. or just roll the window down
its like 30 degrees!! :shakehead
Old 01-10-2006, 03:57 AM
Suzuka Master

take it like a man then!
Old 01-10-2006, 03:59 AM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i remember one time when i got pulled over commin out of the airforce base Mcguire..a state trooper pulled me over and said i was drivin in a stolen car, he had me handcuffed and all right out side the gate against the hood of his car, while he searched my mustang. (dark tint too) but i had texas tags.. he said someone reported an 80' mustang with texas tags stollen and i fit the discription, then he told me to go.. i was humiliated.. then bout 1 month later they came out and said the highway patroll was doing alot of racial profiling. (im mixed) then bout 6 months later same thing but i was driving my (dont laugh) nissan sentra and they said it was stolen and i "fit the discription".. but this time no handcuffs while they searched my car for no reason.. thats the only bad thing i can say about new jersey.. that and not being able to pump your own gas.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:03 AM
Suzuka Master

uh, NJ, the armpit of the East Coast
Old 01-10-2006, 04:05 AM
07 tl-s in

Originally Posted by wilp99
i remember one time when i got pulled over commin out of the airforce base Mcguire..a state trooper pulled me over and said i was drivin in a stolen car, he had me handcuffed and all right out side the gate against the hood of his car, while he searched my mustang. (dark tint too) but i had texas tags.. he said someone reported an 80' mustang with texas tags stollen and i fit the discription, then he told me to go.. i was humiliated.. then bout 1 month later they came out and said the highway patroll was doing alot of racial profiling. (im mixed) then bout 6 months later same thing but i was driving my (dont laugh) nissan sentra and they said it was stolen and i "fit the discription".. but this time no handcuffs while they searched my car for no reason.. thats the only bad thing i can say about new jersey.. that and not being able to pump your own gas.

yea i get profiled on a regular basis im a black, polish and irish.but everyone says i look spanish. prob why i got searched he had no reason for a search.wish i was still in the military. that id saved my ass a couple of times
Old 01-10-2006, 04:07 AM
07 tl-s in

Originally Posted by saiko_cl_duck
uh, NJ, the armpit of the East Coast
yup dirty jersey
Old 01-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well man what do you expect with a 5% tint and if you work in the woods you ain't gonna see shit..I say drink coffee before your coffee run so you are more awake
Old 01-10-2006, 07:55 AM
how handsome I am

lol... aye man. get some aftermarket fogs, roll the windows down, and call it a night
Old 01-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Originally Posted by CL Platano
Well man what do you expect with a 5% tint and if you work in the woods you ain't gonna see shit..I say drink coffee before your coffee run so you are more awake
Old 01-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Originally Posted by agranado
lol... aye man. get some aftermarket fogs, roll the windows down, and call it a night
rollin the windows down in January in Jersey is asking to freeze yo ass off..
Old 01-10-2006, 09:41 AM
07 tl-s in

i work in union not that bad
Old 01-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
^freezing your ass off for 5 seconds or hitting a cop! Which one would be worse?

You guys know that they cant search your car without a warrant right?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:05 AM
07 tl-s in

Originally Posted by SwervinCL
^freezing your ass off for 5 seconds or hitting a cop! Which one would be worse?

or probable cause.which they can and do make up!
Old 01-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by subbuzz
or probable cause.which they can and do make up!
I dont think so. I am pretty sure that they need a warrant, even with probably cause.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:15 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

I dont think so. I am pretty sure that they need a warrant, even with probably cause.
they need a warrant to search your glovebox and trunk (if locked) But they can def make up probable cause to search your car. My friend told a cop no he couldn't search his car, and the cop dove right in, saying that him saying no was enough probable cause.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

this is NJ man...they dont give a shyt. they will see something suspicious in "plain view" then they ask to search. If you say no prepare to get harassed/threatened.

i had to take my tints off, too much trouble
Old 01-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Si says "shut the fuk up"

i almost hit some dumb pig when he was blowing by a stop sign with no lights going the wrong way on a 1 WAY STREET!!! fuking pigs...sometimes i wish they all died....
Old 01-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Insert Sarcasm Here

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
if they have probable cause to search your car, they can search any part of the car without a warrant, if it is in the scope of the search. If they have probable cause to search for drugs, for instance, they can search anywhere drugs could be hidden; which is the whole car. But if they have probable cause to search for a stolen TV, they can only search in places where that TV could be, which would not be the glove box. The same goes for home searches (with a warrant) But then there is plain view, and "acting in good faith" which all gets very tricky.

If an officer asks to search your car, you have the right to say no. But be prepared for some harshness, and/or police dog. And if you say yes, you have the right to stop them at anytime or to tell them not to search a certain part of the car, when its under your permission that is. You can say, "yea, but you cant search the trunk" or you said yes and they start to open your glove box, then you remember you have something in there you can say "stop searching." This is how alot of drug busts happen because someone didn't know they can say no to the search.

SO if the officer has probable cause for something illegal, he can search ONLY within the scope for the item in which he has probable cause for. But if he finds something else, in plain sight, during that search then its ok.

This is the law. I'm not saying things dont happen otherwise because unfortunately in our society lots of officers take their position for granted and break the laws themselves.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Insert Sarcasm Here

best I can say is, Know your rights, and dont be intimidated. Because that is what they are best at. Intimidation.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
(i have limo tint on my car)

how bout you try taking your tint off, or having a lighter tint
Old 01-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by Smalls
if they have probable cause to search your car, they can search any part of the car without a warrant, if it is in the scope of the search. If they have probable cause to search for drugs, for instance, they can search anywhere drugs could be hidden; which is the whole car. But if they have probable cause to search for a stolen TV, they can only search in places where that TV could be, which would not be the glove box. The same goes for home searches (with a warrant) But then there is plain view, and "acting in good faith" which all gets very tricky.

If an officer asks to search your car, you have the right to say no. But be prepared for some harshness, and/or police dog. And if you say yes, you have the right to stop them at anytime or to tell them not to search a certain part of the car, when its under your permission that is. You can say, "yea, but you cant search the trunk" or you said yes and they start to open your glove box, then you remember you have something in there you can say "stop searching." This is how alot of drug busts happen because someone didn't know they can say no to the search.

SO if the officer has probable cause for something illegal, he can search ONLY within the scope for the item in which he has probable cause for. But if he finds something else, in plain sight, during that search then its ok.

This is the law. I'm not saying things dont happen otherwise because unfortunately in our society lots of officers take their position for granted and break the laws themselves.

So what if they are searching your car and you tell them to stop when he is going for the glove box, wouldnt that be probable cause to get a warrant?
Old 01-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

So what if they are searching your car and you tell them to stop when he is going for the glove box, wouldnt that be probable cause to get a warrant?
But they would have to obtain the warrant, or at least the law says they should, but if you say don't search that, they probably just will
Old 01-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Originally Posted by subbuzz
i work in union not that bad
Oh no wonder he probably assumed you were coming from Elizabeth and had drugs in your car.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Jersey cops shoot first and get acquitted later. That's why there will be no tints on my car.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Jersey cops shoot first and get acquitted later. That's why there will be no tints on my car.
Just 24's

Old 01-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Just 24's

No doubt these go with my green..

Old 01-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Old 01-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Insert Sarcasm Here

Yes, but then they have to go through the troubles of contacting a judge etc. Most likely they would just get a K-9. Which would give them probable cause without a warrant.

IF the glove box is within scope of what they are searching for.

they probably just will
Its illegal for them to do that. If they're honest they wont. But some will.

That is just one of the fuked up parts of our justice system.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:28 PM
99 2.3CL, 5sp, Iced Teal

Here is a good (but long) instructional video that accurately outlines the 4th Amendment in black and white. However with corrupt cops and inner cities there will always be grey.

http://1984videos.com/police_state/H...Encounters.mpg
Old 01-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Safety Car

thats one cold ass box.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Insert Sarcasm Here

Originally Posted by wilp99
thats one cold ass box.
sorry? I dont speak ebonics

Old 01-11-2006, 01:37 AM
B A N N E D

holy shit, i just watched that whole video of law shit. SOrta self explanitory. Most of the time though, cop just asks why i have no interior. ...........i just tell him i stole the car. then pull it off as a joke to lighten the mood, ( BUT ONLY OWRKS ON SOME TYPES NOT ALL.. TEXAS cops are hardass's so not wise ( classic brown uniforms, cowboy hat, Large shades, and cowboy boots.

"BOYYYYEE,...DA You Know Ha Fast You Wur Goin ?" on the money
Old 01-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by Smalls
sorry? I dont speak ebonics

Old 01-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Instructor

Thumbs up

But they would have to obtain the warrant, or at least the law says they should, but if you say don't search that, they probably just will
That's right they will continue and it will be your word against theirs and u will lose. The bottom line: keep your shit tight, If your holdin stash it in the motor compartment (if needed) carry only what u can eat, don't be a dickhead to the cop. Kindness pay's off believe me. I trucked for 20 years and have been hassled coast to coast because of how I looked even after I cut my hair off and shaved the beard. My lifestyle has changed now but I'm from the West Coast and my attitude is and always will be To Each His Own. I do miss getting Blasted though.That's my for what it's worth..
Old 01-11-2006, 01:34 PM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ayougo
holy shit, i just watched that whole video of law shit. SOrta self explanitory. Most of the time though, cop just asks why i have no interior. ...........i just tell him i stole the car. then pull it off as a joke to lighten the mood, ( BUT ONLY OWRKS ON SOME TYPES NOT ALL.. TEXAS cops are hardass's so not wise ( classic brown uniforms, cowboy hat, Large shades, and cowboy boots.

"BOYYYYEE,...DA You Know Ha Fast You Wur Goin ?" on the money
man if i was a cop that pulled you over, id be like :smack: im officer rick james bitch!
Old 01-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by starboy2nv
man if i was a cop that pulled you over, id be like :smack: im officer rick james bitch!