Allow myself to introduce....... myself...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 07:34 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really like the flowmasters. I had that done before I put on my headers. It sounds very nice. It's not tinny or high pitched. It’s like a low growl. Not too loud either. It was exactly what I was hoping for. I put DC headers on, the power increase was very noticeable. I think you could get greddy, they are cheaper. I’m thinkin’ a header is a header. I had to get my headers welded on to the pipe going to the converter because the bolt patterns on the 97 accord are backwards for those on the cl. not a big deal really i'd rather have it welded on than bolted on anyway. That was the only ''problem'' I ran into.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:43 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by LvMyCL23
I really like the flowmasters. I had that done before I put on my headers. It sounds very nice. It's not tinny or high pitched. It’s like a low growl. Not too loud either. It was exactly what I was hoping for. I put DC headers on, the power increase was very noticeable. I think you could get greddy, they are cheaper. I’m thinkin’ a header is a header. I had to get my headers welded on to the pipe going to the converter because the bolt patterns on the 97 accord are backwards for those on the cl. not a big deal really i'd rather have it welded on than bolted on anyway. That was the only ''problem'' I ran into.
Finally a CLer that has flowmaster, everybody was telling me to get the apex/clones etc one. I heard it on other cars to damn loud for my taste. Then went to the flowmaster website and they had the soundclips and stuff. Been posting looking for somebody with them since then. Sweet i probably get it like couple months after saving up after my speaker project. Then looking around for headers, i heard OBX are good also, so i have to look more into it.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to the board LvMyCL23!
Old 10-02-2003, 08:42 AM
05' 350z 6spd.

flowmasters on imports:thumbsdn:

dude, did you really feel thepower from your dc 4-2-1? I didn't feel shit! I had e/i and when i put my header on it felt the same. Maybe a tiny bit more power at high rpms, but it really almost feels slower at low rpms
Old 10-02-2003, 08:54 AM
Work safe avatar bish :D

welcome bro
Old 10-02-2003, 09:18 AM
Racer

Originally posted by SooDARK
flowmasters on imports:thumbsdn:

dude, did you really feel thepower from your dc 4-2-1? I didn't feel shit! I had e/i and when i put my header on it felt the same. Maybe a tiny bit more power at high rpms, but it really almost feels slower at low rpms
I think American exhaust on an import is HOT. But to each their own right! I felt a pretty good deal of power when I put on my headers. It was definitely noticeable. I even raced my friend in his new millennia when our cars were both stock. He had me by a few feet each time at first, but after e/i/headers I handed him his ass. lol. We raced at the track and I killed him . Really it was a big difference with just the headers too imo. (maybe it’s the FLOWMASTERS BABYYYY!!!! LOL )
Old 10-02-2003, 11:40 AM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome!

My mods are listed below.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:46 AM
Racer

Originally posted by dustbuster4
"ACURA CL" Brushed Aluminum Door Sills
I saw those in your pics. they look nice. i've wanted something like that since i saw them on the mercedes 230 coupe. do they come stock on the 3.0 or is that something you added on after? I'd like to get a set of those as long as they weren't too much $$. saving up for my TURBO BABY!! lol
Old 10-02-2003, 12:04 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

I saw those in your pics. they look nice. i've wanted something like that since i saw them on the mercedes 230 coupe. do they come stock on the 3.0 or is that something you added on after? I'd like to get a set of those as long as they weren't too much $$. saving up for my TURBO BABY!! lol
I was thinking about them but, but after seening a couple post of them being easy dented, scratched, and falling off, i having second thoughs. There a company that makes them when the second generation Clers buy all the time, (2000 and up). When you do a search u can see all the details.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:05 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These were custom made from a "group buy" held on a-cl.com last year.

I think they're still available. They cost me $55, shipped, but that was last year.

Check here: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...num+door+sills

Here's a direct link to a page with contact info: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...&pagenumber=25
Old 10-02-2003, 01:20 PM
i want a bimmer =(

Originally posted by jo0p-CL
blah... i dont like spoilers on our car. i like the ass.. its sexy, besides i dont like stock wing much or any they make. jus going for smoothness where in FL?

-shawn
me too!! The spoilers look okay but i wouldnt put one on my car...i love the ass!

my friends call it the "slopey ass"

and i know where he lives....but it'll cost ya>;]

oh yeah...and i dont think i have ever washed my car that much...perhaps twice a week but dude...WAX IT...again and again...red fades (over time of course) but lemme tell ya...damn that bitch is neck snappin when she's waxed!!
Old 10-02-2003, 09:03 PM
Racer

lol i polish and wax my baby once a month, sometimes i get lazy and do it every two months.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:16 PM
its paid for

mine is in such a need of a wash and wax, school starting up has claimed a lot of the working daylight hours. and i don't mind mine with the OEM spoiler..granted it came with it on and well i don't want to have to fill the holes and repaint it.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:49 AM
Racer

sad news :(

I just got off the phone with acura and they told me that i could swap my auto tranny for a manual (the first step in my turboed cl process), but it would require another cl to take the parts off from. the guy told me that it was unreasonable to think that I could buy all the parts for under 2k! he said the parts on the engine that control the idle and the new mounts and axles and drive shafts alone would be a grand.... plus the tranny, plus the cables, shifter, peddal clusters, ect. and then the labor....... he said it would take four days or more!!!!! That's like a billion dollars alone for the labor.. I'm so upset..... I guess I'll save up and buy an accord w/ a standard tranny.i miss driving a stick!!!!! I'll keep my 2.3 , she's my baby! i'll get a 97 accord so I can still get my TURBO BABY!!!!! lol i'm still upset. i'm not made of money damnit!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2003, 09:01 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Re: sad news :(

I just got off the phone with acura and they told me that i could swap my auto tranny for a manual (the first step in my turboed cl process), but it would require another cl to take the parts off from. the guy told me that it was unreasonable to think that I could buy all the parts for under 2k! he said the parts on the engine that control the idle and the new mounts and axles and drive shafts alone would be a grand.... plus the tranny, plus the cables, shifter, peddal clusters, ect. and then the labor....... he said it would take four days or more!!!!! That's like a billion dollars alone for the labor.. I'm so upset..... I guess I'll save up and buy an accord w/ a standard tranny.i miss driving a stick!!!!! I'll keep my 2.3 , she's my baby! i'll get a 97 accord so I can still get my TURBO BABY!!!!! lol i'm still upset. i'm not made of money damnit!!!!!!!
There are some tricks to making a automatic faster. Like changing a torque convertor. I have no idea though it would be possible for our CL or the price of one + installed. Just an though.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:16 AM
Racer

:'( There goes my dream for my car :'( I’d be a shame to have an accord that is faster than my cl...Man this sucks... I’m bummed out.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:38 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

:'( There goes my dream for my car :'( I’d be a shame to have an accord that is faster than my cl...Man this sucks... I’m bummed out.
Go research into modding the auto tranny. U might be able to change the torque convertor which u can change ur stalls, and also change gears which will give u more power in certain bandwidth. The one true thing about this method compared to stick is that ur times will be very consistant. Where they win by getting consistant times on the track. I don't really know how it works but oh well.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:07 PM
Racer

but you can't run a turbo on an auto tranny, can you? :'(
Old 10-03-2003, 02:00 PM
i want a bimmer =(

but you can't run a turbo on an auto tranny, can you? :'(
yes you can BUT you'll have turbo lag. It'll take longer for the BOV to go off...hence your car will be slower than an manual w/ a turbo.

and with the money you're going to save up to buy an accord why not just put that towards a auto/manual conversion??
Old 10-03-2003, 02:04 PM
El Donko of Punchstania

I'm sorry, but nothing puts a smile on my face like a woman that knows her cars!
Old 10-03-2003, 06:36 PM
Racer

alright i'm better now. i went out for a bike ride down a local trail and had time to clear my head. i'm done moding my CL, it's never going to be very fast. I'm not going to buy an accord either because i basically already have one right... i'm just going to save my money and then buy a 2001 prelude, sexy sexy car. but that'll be like 2 years from now lol. so we'll see what happens.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:43 PM
Old Timer

Re: sad news :(

your first mistake....you went to the dealer for prices and advice.
that is a big no no.....you can do the tranny swap for less than 1200 easy....hell you might be able to do it for 1000...i am actually helping a member here do the 5sp conversion...
where in FL are you located? maybe i can help you
Old 10-03-2003, 06:51 PM
Old Timer

Originally posted by Katies99CL
yes you can BUT you'll have turbo lag. It'll take longer for the BOV to go off...hence your car will be slower than an manual w/ a turbo.

you can have turbo lag with both auto and 5sp...it all depends on the size of the turbo, compression etc.....
there are quite a few automatic turbocharged cars that are extremely fast ..example buick grand national...
but you are right for the most part usually automatic turbo cars are a little slower than 5sp
the blow of valve really has nothing to do with boost lag

im not trying to be an ass
Old 10-05-2003, 09:23 AM
Racer

hmm, i guess i'm still gonna go on with the conversion. people have been telling me it can be done and that the dealer is a crackwhore. so i'm gonna do it. just need to get all the parts. thanks d98clturbo for your help.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:29 AM
i want a bimmer =(

Originally posted by d98clturbo
you can have turbo lag with both auto and 5sp...it all depends on the size of the turbo, compression etc.....
there are quite a few automatic turbocharged cars that are extremely fast ..example buick grand national...
but you are right for the most part usually automatic turbo cars are a little slower than 5sp

no you arent an ass....thats what someone told me when i considered running a turbo on my car...i was just going from what they said...

it's all good, learn something new everyday
Old 10-05-2003, 07:05 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by d98clturbo

I heard u can change the auto torque convertor to klinda fix this problem for turbo cars. But there is plus and minus to everything.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:36 PM
Pro

Re: Re: sad news :(

Originally posted by fusionnv
There are some tricks to making a automatic faster. Like changing a torque convertor. I have no idea though it would be possible for our CL or the price of one + installed. Just an though.
go to www.classifiedtuning.com theres a topic about torque on automatic cars. there's a hi performance manufacturer saying something about a torque coverter for hondas that supposed to make them faster!

click on "articles"
Old 10-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Racer

too bad it doesn't give the name of the product or anything.... i still want to convert
Old 10-05-2003, 08:55 PM
i want a bimmer =(

too bad it doesn't give the name of the product or anything.... i still want to convert
i think you should...fuck saving money for a prelude...put that shit into the CL!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Racer

that's what I said last night... muahahahahaha i will have a bad ass CL!!! hope to do my 5 spd conversion within the next month or so (low on cash... ) then turbo charge it within 6 months... i hope i can wait that long.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:10 PM
Racer

haha i had to comment on the fact that my last post put this thread at 69 replies... 69- that's a nice number
Old 10-06-2003, 04:35 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Re: Re: Re: sad news :(

Originally posted by Leon
go to www.classifiedtuning.com theres a topic about torque on automatic cars. there's a hi performance manufacturer saying something about a torque coverter for hondas that supposed to make them faster!

click on "articles"
Found this article also, http://www.advanceautoparts.com/howt...20000811tc.htm . Just gotta find one for the CL maybe. from some other websites, the price for one of these suckers seem to be around $400 bucks. Have to do some more researching.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:08 AM
Racer

they make one for the accord, what does 4b6 trans mean? is that like a tranny code?
Old 10-06-2003, 07:46 AM
-S namyaC-

Guys, what you are looking for is a high stall torque converter. It lets the engine rev higher, to say 3000-3500 rpm without power braking (depending on which one you get), and then engages. Our stock one engages at like 1000. The 3K+ ones will suck hard for normal around town driving, and kiss your gas milieage goodbye. But you can launch your car like a mofo...lol
Old 10-06-2003, 11:38 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by proaudio22
Guys, what you are looking for is a high stall torque converter. It lets the engine rev higher, to say 3000-3500 rpm without power braking (depending on which one you get), and then engages. Our stock one engages at like 1000. The 3K+ ones will suck hard for normal around town driving, and kiss your gas milieage goodbye. But you can launch your car like a mofo...lol
http://www.hondatuners.com/modules.p...rder=0&thold=0

The company that makes it:
http://www.tciauto.com/sport_compact.htm

I found this, it one in particulaur is for a civic and del sol.

"With a stall speed of 2800 to 3000 rpm, the converter retains the stock lockup clutch and shows no adverse affects concerning heat, slippage or gas mileage. "

Now where the Acura CL one be at. I think a lot of the 3.0 guys would like this with their NOS/Turbo. Shave off 1/2 sec.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:18 PM
An online pimp

All you chester m's are too funny :-* :wackit:
Old 10-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
welcome!
Old 10-06-2003, 03:46 PM
I'm rich biatch!

Welcome to the board..your CL looks good..I really like that color..I would lose the pinstripe tho..just my opinion..my mods and pics are in the sig....J

----------------------------------
Black '97 3.0 Premium
Tint, K&N, Clear Lenses,
Hyper Whites ,Bazooka EL-8,
18" Nitza Adagio w/Toyo Proxes
CL pics
Old 10-06-2003, 06:38 PM
Racer

well naturally my cl looks good, it's a cl! And I think the pinstripe came with the "premium" package... I’ve grown fond of it. Thanks for the compliment, too bad my digi camera sucks and the pictures came out bad.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:49 PM
Racer

any word on the performance torque converter?

Quick Reply: Allow myself to introduce....... myself...