Aem V2

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aem V2

hey all! haven't been on here in awhile. i bought a V2 intake today and im goin to pick it up tomorrow. anyone with a 4cyl CL have one? i was just wondering what eveyone that has one thinks about it. i hear it sounds cool and gives a few more miles per gallon. i also hear it gives pretty good low end power unlike the other CAI's? any installation troubles??? thanks for any input!!
Old 05-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Flap.

vxcl has a v2 in his 4banger he liked it
Old 05-20-2004, 10:18 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by Hobo
vxcl has a v2 in his 4banger he liked it
I heard it was nice, but i looked up some prices, seems high in price compared to others. VXCL posted some nice things about it if you do a search. Post pics when u install.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:44 AM
Instructor

yeah... it was a little pricey... $270 incl tax and shipping... but i know from reading what you guys have to say about bolt-ons, unless u swap or have the juice... ur not gonna get much. i went to AEM's website and they say with the V2 you will get 9 h.p. and 6 lb.-tq at the wheels and they show it on a dyno. with the regular AEM CAI they show a 5 h.p. gain so i guess a 4 h.p. gain for $50 more is worth it. i could have gotten the regular CAI and headers, probably spend 2 or 3 hundred more and end up with the same results. i was looking at some prices for headers for the 4 cyl. and i think they are way too expensive. for like 2 or 3 more h.p. at high rpm, forget it. and i hear that you will lose alittle power at the bottom end. i'm not a race car driver, nor is my CL a race car... so if you ask me, unless you are going all out with a swap and turbo, save your money on the bolt-ons for some rims and a kit. what do u guys think? i'd like to get headers, but if the gains are minimal i'd like to save my money to pay my damn college loans back!!!
Old 05-21-2004, 01:52 AM
CL-
Three - Point - OH

Originally posted by Skoon21
yeah... it was a little pricey... $270 incl tax and shipping... but i know from reading what you guys have to say about bolt-ons, unless u swap or have the juice... ur not gonna get much. i went to AEM's website and they say with the V2 you will get 9 h.p. and 6 lb.-tq at the wheels and they show it on a dyno. with the regular AEM CAI they show a 5 h.p. gain so i guess a 4 h.p. gain for $50 more is worth it. i could have gotten the regular CAI and headers, probably spend 2 or 3 hundred more and end up with the same results. i was looking at some prices for headers for the 4 cyl. and i think they are way too expensive. for like 2 or 3 more h.p. at high rpm, forget it. and i hear that you will lose alittle power at the bottom end. i'm not a race car driver, nor is my CL a race car... so if you ask me, unless you are going all out with a swap and turbo, save your money on the bolt-ons for some rims and a kit. what do u guys think? i'd like to get headers, but if the gains are minimal i'd like to save my money to pay my damn college loans back!!!

well put.. i don't even think its worth getting a cai for my car.. i like my stock CL-3.0 i want it as quit as possible. i can dum 300 on a HID kit.. which will look soooooooooooo awesome

anyways GOOD LUCK.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:55 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HID kit?
Old 05-21-2004, 03:17 AM
nippon_wa 2.0

Re: Aem V2

hey all! haven't been on here in awhile. i bought a V2 intake today and im goin to pick it up tomorrow. anyone with a 4cyl CL have one? i was just wondering what eveyone that has one thinks about it. i hear it sounds cool and gives a few more miles per gallon. i also hear it gives pretty good low end power unlike the other CAI's? any installation troubles??? thanks for any input!!
i have one in my 2.3 CL.. and..i love it!!

now i barely hear aem v2 since i got dual exhausts.. lol

but.. i love it!! and.. i bought it for $240 shipped from ebay.. :P

it sounds really great.. it growls!
Old 05-21-2004, 12:02 PM
Instructor

how often do you need to clean your filter?
Old 05-21-2004, 12:43 PM
nippon_wa 2.0

how often do you need to clean your filter?
well.. i got it like 2~3 weeks ago.. and.. i haven't read the instruction yet.. lol

but i think u should clean up very often...