AEM Short Intake??

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM Short Intake??

If you have a short ram AEM intake, please let me know your input on the sound quality when you are driving normally like at 80 mph
Old 07-22-2004, 09:25 PM
B A N N E D

it sounds Amazing depending on your rpm.. when your not flooring it it sounds slightly lounder than stock but when you step on that muther you here a Pffffffffffff9 air being sucked in ) the your intake sounds like your cars got some ferrri engine in your cl WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Mmmmmmmmmm wwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaIIIUMmmm into 5th rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmwwwwww wwwwwmmmmmmmMMMMMM M M M 130 ( ohshitson ) friend ( bitch slow down ( me ) HELLS NO wammmmmmmmmmmmmm vrommm MMM MM mum Mum MUm brffvvvvvvvvvvvv (normal driving) your nuts ( me )- I know its awsome just get one in tunels are the best

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bridge- WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBB<<<<<<<<<<, (other cars with you in tunel) - WHAT THE F@@# was that
Old 07-22-2004, 10:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

PUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH lol
that wuz a beautiful description.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:34 PM
xxx
Racer

Originally Posted by ayougo
it sounds Amazing depending on your rpm.. when your not flooring it it sounds slightly lounder than stock but when you step on that muther you here a Pffffffffffff9 air being sucked in ) the your intake sounds like your cars got some ferrri engine in your cl WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Mmmmmmmmmm wwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaIIIUMmmm into 5th rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmwwwwww wwwwwmmmmmmmMMMMMM M M M 130 ( ohshitson ) friend ( bitch slow down ( me ) HELLS NO wammmmmmmmmmmmmm vrommm MMM MM mum Mum MUm brffvvvvvvvvvvvv (normal driving) your nuts ( me )- I know its awsome just get one in tunels are the best

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bridge- WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBB<<<<<<<<<<, (other cars with you in tunel) - WHAT THE F@@# was that

Old 07-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Installer @ Tweeter!

nice description!!
Old 07-23-2004, 09:28 AM
Socal

I used to have one and it's significantly louder than stock at idle and during acceleration. It hums rather loudly during idle and when you floor it, it gets loud. I will tell you though, the swoosh sound of the air coming in was pretty cool. But if you want quiet, this ain't it.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:43 AM
B A N N E D

thank you, im one of those sound effects while talking sorta person
Old 07-23-2004, 11:51 AM
roomate has a CL too

the Cold air sounds nice too... never had the short on my car ...
Old 07-23-2004, 11:56 AM
B A N N E D

im selling my short ram soon. I plan on getting a V2. The short ram is in excellent condition with minor scuffs and a clean and maintained filter.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Marine Gulf War Veteran

out of the AEM CAI, V2, or Short Rams...during the RPM range what kind of power do they give off...
and do u at all have to worry about hydrolock with the V2, or Short ram?
Old 07-23-2004, 12:12 PM
B A N N E D

well, the V2 will give you nice consistant power throughout all the rpm ranges even at the high ones due to its desighn witch allows different air/sound waves to ("engage") at different RPMs. The short ram is a loud little beeatch and will give you great mid and low but up high it wont produce the power that the V2 can. The cold air intake is similar to the v2 in the respect that its not a shortram ( filter is in the bumber region as opposed to engine bay ) and will give you great low, mid and high power and fluidity but the V2 will FLOOD your car with Fresh Air and goodness at every RPM point and sound nice and controlled at those HIGH rpms as well instead of (short ram) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMm) it will sound like WRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM. the V2 produces the best power out of all of them and is WORTH the investment heres a nice little link to explain in exact detail of what im talking about. Theres sounds TOO http://www.aemintakes.com/default.asp <<<< over the to the left side of your screen you will see V2 Product demonstration. Click and Away you go Hope this helps and good luck on your decision.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Marine Gulf War Veteran

Originally Posted by ayougo
well, the V2 will give you nice consistant power throughout all the rpm ranges even at the high ones due to its desighn witch allows different air/sound waves to ("engage") at different RPMs. The short ram is a loud little beeatch and will give you great mid and low but up high it wont produce the power that the V2 can. The cold air intake is similar to the v2 in the respect that its not a shortram ( filter is in the bumber region as opposed to engine bay ) and will give you great low, mid and high power and fluidity but the V2 will FLOOD your car with Fresh Air and goodness at every RPM point and sound nice and controlled at those HIGH rpms as well instead of (short ram) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMm) it will sound like WRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM. the V2 produces the best power out of all of them and is WORTH the investment heres a nice little link to explain in exact detail of what im talking about. Theres sounds TOO http://www.aemintakes.com/default.asp <<<< over the to the left side of your screen you will see V2 Product demonstration. Click and Away you go Hope this helps and good luck on your decision.
thankx buddy = )...hahaha, love the way u talk about cars...inspiring
Old 07-23-2004, 12:33 PM
B A N N E D

your welcome sir
Old 07-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Banned

any unrestricted sort of intake system is gonna make a sound difference, especially once you pass 4500 rpm
Old 07-24-2004, 02:42 AM
Socal

If you want a cheap method, just buy a drop in K&N filter and remove the resonator. You will get cooler air coming in and more of it. Cost? About $40. It's also more quiet than the AEM.