Acura Parts on Nationwide Backorder??

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002 | 02:58 AM
8th Gear

Acura Parts on Nationwide Backorder??

I got in an accident about a month ago and my car is finally fix'd... (rear/front bumper, passenger fender, passenger door)

The autobody shop fix'd it all perfectly, but said the front door mouldings (the horizontal strip in middle of the door) are on nationwide backorder....not sure if they are telling the truth, and I've been waiting about 3months for it now

I called my local Acura dealership and they said they are backorder'd too

This is for a '98 CL 3.0...also, if I can order it from the net, it won't be painted right? gotta take it to the shop?

Thanks
Old 10-20-2002 | 10:23 AM
Lots of JDM parts on my

I know that for a while, brake pads were on national backorder for our cars. My brother's dealership were installing metal masters instead. Don't know if they ever got the pad in...

So, it's possible that they could be on backorder. If you want to know for sure, go the a dealership and try to get them.
Old 10-20-2002 | 11:50 AM
I scuffed my Puma

YA know what, that's so much bullshit. The same thing happened to me, kinda....when i bought my car, it ended up having a bad exhaust from the A-pipe back, but there wasn't ONE new catalytic converter in the U.S. to replace mine. So, given the case that i was in an accident, and somehow messed up my exhaust piping or anything else, the parts wouldn't be available for my car, rendering it undriveable....that's super bullshit about yer parts being on backorder too....i would contact Acura customer service and have them put yer parts on critical backorder....file a report....that's complete bullshit that you have to wait to get your parts because of national backorder......that's a bunch of booooo!!!!! Now, i wonder if the dock-worker strike in california has any effect on this.....
Old 10-20-2002 | 12:26 PM
8th Gear

Thanks for the replies, yeah I'll call Acura Customer Service and see what they can do for me...I was also thinking about that dock-worker strike, but thats been resolved for 30days....but who knows how long it takes them to empty shiploads of that stuff..lol