***Collecting Write Ups/DIY's! everyone read***

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Vinnie
Klepto or Acura3.0CL,

Do you guys need pictures of changing the gauge light bulbs? I'm in the process of doing it now. Should I be taking pics or not? I mail ordered my bulbs so i'm not completely done but I have the cluster taken out and everything. I could have the whole process photographed by the beginning of next week. let me know.
i know that acura3.0cl said that hes doing a guage cluster write up, im not sure if he documented that part. If its not too much of a problem, just snap some pics anyways
Old 07-12-2005, 02:14 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vinnie
Klepto or Acura3.0CL,

Do you guys need pictures of changing the gauge light bulbs? I'm in the process of doing it now. Should I be taking pics or not? I mail ordered my bulbs so i'm not completely done but I have the cluster taken out and everything. I could have the whole process photographed by the beginning of next week. let me know.

Hey Vinnie,

Well, I'm posting up a quick easy DIY writeup on how to remove the gauge cluster, but I dont have many pictures of that. Now as far as changing the gauge light bulbs...are you talking about what Musulsa did, with changing the color?
Green guages --> Blue gauges (with stock look)
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171039
If thats the case, then YES PLEASE take some pictures and if possible, take down some notes. I Pm'ed Musulsa asking if he had taken notes & pictures or written a writeup when he did that install, because I wanted to post a DIY for that mod, but I never heard back from Musulsa. If you are doing this mod, please take pictures and a few notes if you can. I'd love to post a DIY writeup of this mod for everyone, but I haven't found the time to complete the mod itself. Anything you can provide would be great! Thanks for helping! (yes, you'll get full credit for whatever you supply to me or Klepto towards the DIY forum)

Just PM me or email me when you get a chance! Thanks! -CJ
Old 07-12-2005, 02:19 PM

Question For Everyone:

Would you all benifit from a DIY writeup for: "Wood dash kit" / "indiglow gauges" & "chrome gauge rings" ??

I was going to post a writeup for each, but they are really easy to install (the wood and the rings just stick right on) I didn't know if anyone would really need a writeup for those.

I'll deinitly do one if everyone thinks they'd use it & its necessary. What do you all think?
Old 07-12-2005, 03:28 PM
The new ride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to update you guys... Klepto the audio system writeup is about 75% done, I just have to take all the pics, should be done Thursday.

Acura3.0CL, my HID's should get here either this afternoon or tomorrow, I will prob. install them on Thursday, maybe tomorrow if I have time and I'll get the writeup done then.

My CAI prob. wont be here until Friday or Saturday, I can get that done this weekend or early next week.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Mulk
Just wanted to update you guys... Klepto the audio system writeup is about 75% done, I just have to take all the pics, should be done Thursday.

Acura3.0CL, my HID's should get here either this afternoon or tomorrow, I will prob. install them on Thursday, maybe tomorrow if I have time and I'll get the writeup done then.

My CAI prob. wont be here until Friday or Saturday, I can get that done this weekend or early next week.
good work, just let me know when youre done with everything. I appreciate the time youre putting in to doing this
Old 07-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Acura3.0CL
Hey Vinnie,

Well, I'm posting up a quick easy DIY writeup on how to remove the gauge cluster, but I dont have many pictures of that. Now as far as changing the gauge light bulbs...are you talking about what Musulsa did, with changing the color?
Green guages --> Blue gauges (with stock look)
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171039
If thats the case, then YES PLEASE take some pictures and if possible, take down some notes. I Pm'ed Musulsa asking if he had taken notes & pictures or written a writeup when he did that install, because I wanted to post a DIY for that mod, but I never heard back from Musulsa. If you are doing this mod, please take pictures and a few notes if you can. I'd love to post a DIY writeup of this mod for everyone, but I haven't found the time to complete the mod itself. Anything you can provide would be great! Thanks for helping! (yes, you'll get full credit for whatever you supply to me or Klepto towards the DIY forum)

Just PM me or email me when you get a chance! Thanks! -CJ
Yes, I am referring to what Masulsa did. I cannot take all the credit, however. I did get most of my instructions from this thread :

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=gauge+install

This is about changing the gauges and it gets a little involved. Just changing the light bulbs is a little bit easier and I can probably explain it a little bit better than this DIY.
I'll write one up and take pics and you can do what you want with it.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:12 PM

UPDATE:

Well, I guess we'll have to postpone opening up the new forum until Thur or Fri. Sorry guys...
I'm still waiting to recieve the links to my hosted picts, so I can post my writeups. (I know Astro is a busy guy, so hopefully if he finds time between now and Friday, maybe we can open up the new forum to everyone soon, by the end of the week.)

Thats all for now...sorry again for the delay.

-CJ
Old 07-14-2005, 03:06 AM
Korean FIYAH!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry all for not posting a DIY for the gauge cluster LED swap out mod, but all my pics of that were accidentally deleted, and I REALLY don't feel like pulling apart my cluster again.

I've been in and out of town about 3 times already this month, so I'm sorry if I didn't answer some PMs. Please forgive.

I try to contribute what I can, but I travel a LOT. Please understand...
Old 07-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Rebuilder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i may have some pictures to take the cluser out if that helps .. so everything BUT the bulbs. let me know and i'll give a look for them
Old 07-14-2005, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Musulsa
Sorry all for not posting a DIY for the gauge cluster LED swap out mod, but all my pics of that were accidentally deleted, and I REALLY don't feel like pulling apart my cluster again.

I've been in and out of town about 3 times already this month, so I'm sorry if I didn't answer some PMs. Please forgive.

I try to contribute what I can, but I travel a LOT. Please understand...
Originally Posted by griff43081
i may have some pictures to take the cluser out if that helps .. so everything BUT the bulbs. let me know and i'll give a look for them

Musulsa: I know Vinnie is trying to write a DIY about the LED swap. If theres any info or notes you can give him that you remember from your install, that would help alot. (im planning on doing this install aswell, but haven't found the time. So if there is any info you can give to Vinnie to help with his DIY, that would be great and help a lot!

Griff: Im doing a writeup on how to remove the gauge cluster, but dont have any pictures until its totaly removed & then re-installed. (I did the install and took picts a long time ago) If you have any pictures through the process of removing it, that would help a lot with my writeup.

Thanks for both of you for offering to help out!
Old 07-14-2005, 03:38 PM

UPDATE: ITS TIME!!!

My 3 DIY's are posted in the thread. (still more to come at a later date) I say lets open up this forum to everyone....

**Hope everyone enjoys the DIY forum!!** I'd like to especially thank Astro, Jonesi, and Klepto for helping create this new forum with me. You guys are the best!
Old 07-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Alright people the new DIY forum is now OPEN
https://acurazine.com/forums/a-25/

Imma close this thread, please continue discussion here
https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/anyone-doctors-board-175142/#post2389033