***Collecting Write Ups/DIY's! everyone read***

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 02:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Collecting Write Ups/DIY's! everyone read

alright, as you guys might know by now, me and acura3.0cl are working with astroboy to get a DIY forum up where we can have all the write ups that everyone keeps asking about and hopefully reduce the clutter that sometimes plagues this forum.

Heres the original thread

Im asking anyone that has a writeup that they would like to share to please post here what write up it is and email it to either myself daklepto@gmail.com or acura3.0cl Carroll985@aol.com

Here are the DIY's i have so far and will be putting up:

clear corners
black housings (vxcl's)
lowering (1stgencl's) **I could use one with more pics***
intake (llwesman's)
9006-9005 conversion
rear washer camber trick (lemansteve's)
remove/replacing wood trim (97acura3.0cl's)
4th gen prelude shifter swap
m3 mirrors (froggystyle's)

all these can be viewed here

so take a look at those, if you have a better one with more pics/more thorough, then let me know. if you have one that I havent already covered then send it to us so we can post it! Once everything is in order and looking good, then we'll unleash the new sub-forum.

Happy posting!

-Justin
Old 07-06-2005, 02:44 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Bumpin It up.

So can anyone help us out? As of now, I regret not taking pictures and notes when installing my mods before but I have a few DIY's I can post up.

If anyone has anything related to a writeup or pictures of your install or anything would really help. Thanks! -CJ
Old 07-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Peace, Love & Acura

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can get my Seafoam instructions. I even had a couple of pics.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:32 PM
The new ride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want I'll do one on how to do a complete system with pics.. like head unit replacement, tweeter replacement, door speaker replacement (with door panel removal and speaker baffle modification), rear speaker replacement (with complete back seat and speaker grille removal), amp wiring, bose amp removal, and all the wiring info. you'd need
Old 07-06-2005, 04:35 PM
The new ride

oh I can do one for a CAI on a 3.0, im doing that next week anyway

dont forget dustbusters DIY on the trans. cooler, his was good
Old 07-06-2005, 05:12 PM
A-CL Totaled Member

i can throw my turbo install pictures together with instructions, that would include fuel pump, ignition, etc.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Excellent job guys..!! It will be extremely useful to the members of the site..

Hopefully some more people will chip in..
Old 07-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Senior Moderator

hey does anyone have pics and instructions on how to remove the front bumper? I need that before I throw up the DIY on black housings
Old 07-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Senior Moderator

nevermind, I found some instructions, but if anyone has pics of the process, that would still help
Old 07-06-2005, 08:36 PM
SSM Accord V6 6 Spd

Awesome idea! My friend and I did a how-to for seafoam:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170341

Don't forget Dustbuster4's AWESOME tranny-cooler install:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73356
Old 07-06-2005, 09:34 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey now justin, i get credit dont i for your pimped out lights

i dont know how many compliments you get on them

and im woring on the projector instructions however i would like to get a little help from members, it will be free but as you have sen from my 8mb wood grain removal ones, its very detailed with pics step by step

it will be done soon with links and all and the link to the website the pictures are hosted on you can add that to the list for references for pictures for projectors and then put my email next to it

the write up will be done in a couple of weeks when i finish up my conversion i just finished all the wiring mishap cause i had a faulty relay so it had to be replaced and a diode was the wrong size cause me to blow a fuse occansionally when i turned on the lamps

but all the detials will be worked out and a troubleshoot page fore projectors will be included as well, but hit me up if you can justin to see if we can have a link for a donations for my effort to provide the directions since no one has done it pro style b4 and documented it
Old 07-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 97Acura3.0CL
hey now justin, i get credit dont i for your pimped out lights

i dont know how many compliments you get on them

and im woring on the projector instructions however i would like to get a little help from members, it will be free but as you have sen from my 8mb wood grain removal ones, its very detailed with pics step by step

it will be done soon with links and all and the link to the website the pictures are hosted on you can add that to the list for references for pictures for projectors and then put my email next to it

the write up will be done in a couple of weeks when i finish up my conversion i just finished all the wiring mishap cause i had a faulty relay so it had to be replaced and a diode was the wrong size cause me to blow a fuse occansionally when i turned on the lamps

but all the detials will be worked out and a troubleshoot page fore projectors will be included as well, but hit me up if you can justin to see if we can have a link for a donations for my effort to provide the directions since no one has done it pro style b4 and documented it
I gave credit to you for the lights. You will have to work out the donating thing with astro
Old 07-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by EPS CL
Awesome idea! My friend and I did a how-to for seafoam:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170341

Don't forget Dustbuster4's AWESOME tranny-cooler install:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73356
thanks, I just added both of those
Old 07-07-2005, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by KLepTo
I gave credit to you for the lights. You will have to work out the donating thing with astro
hrmm

dont know i dont mind the write up, it just takes a long time to do it, last one took me 2 weeks to proof read and check for errors grammatically(something like that)

this one will be just as long but its ok man i was just thinking of doing it cause i know some people on here didnt mind donating a couple bucks for my hard time and effort putting in the man hours literally to do the write up, the last one was 8 pages i think adn 8mb's long, this one im looking to be 25mb and about 12 pages, its a lot of work, and also im doing an electrical part and how to on making a HID harness and all the custom shrouds, tools, you name it im doign the write up, so the time and effort to do it is all worth the donation but ill shoot him a PM
Old 07-07-2005, 01:44 AM
Senior Moderator

hrmm

dont know i dont mind the write up, it just takes a long time to do it, last one took me 2 weeks to proof read and check for errors grammatically(something like that)

this one will be just as long but its ok man i was just thinking of doing it cause i know some people on here didnt mind donating a couple bucks for my hard time and effort putting in the man hours literally to do the write up, the last one was 8 pages i think adn 8mb's long, this one im looking to be 25mb and about 12 pages, its a lot of work, and also im doing an electrical part and how to on making a HID harness and all the custom shrouds, tools, you name it im doign the write up, so the time and effort to do it is all worth the donation but ill shoot him a PM
I know you put in a lot of hard work joe, im not saying that you dont. Im just saying that I have no power in working out a donation process and that a mod like astro would have that power. He could set up a link or something via paypal and make it so that whoever paid would get the rights to your link, as opposed to it acidently being leaked or something. I also want to make sure that it doesnt violate the TOS, i remember when katana tried asking for donations and all hell broke loose. I just dont want you to get in trouble joe
Old 07-07-2005, 01:49 AM

thaks for the info justin

i just wanted to offer it to people who really appreacate my time and long hours to make it and do a retro, people do realize how much strain on the brain it is and long hows doing little tedious things

i will ask him in the AM
Old 07-07-2005, 01:52 AM
Senior Moderator

thaks for the info justin

i just wanted to offer it to people who really appreacate my time and long hours to make it and do a retro, people do realize how much strain on the brain it is and long hows doing little tedious things

i will ask him in the AM
no doubt joe that your work is meticulous, I could tell when you did my housings, no fogging with them to this day Just curious, were you planning on making the DIY available to everyone and asking for donations separately, or making it so that one would have to pay to access the DIY? i got kinda confused on that.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:53 AM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
I'll do the one for the Fuel Injectors on the 3.0 CL's.......and since it falls in the same direction as replacing your manifold gaskets to the thermo block spacers, I could do one for that as well....

Anything else you guys need?
Old 07-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Sticky....!!

Everyones help is greatly appreciated..!!

If anyone here needs help with any hosting or has any questions don't hesitate to ask..
Old 07-07-2005, 11:27 AM

Hey Jonesi, Thanks for making this a stricky and thanks for the help! At first, I didnt think this was going to work because I never got any responces back from the Moderators/Admins....Thankfully now, things are starting to take off.

I know with everyones help, we can make this new forum great. So thanks again everyone!

Klepto is lucky in the fact he had most of his DIY Write ups already written and posted on his site. ...I myself am starting from stratch on the ones im posting...lol...But I'll get them done.
Like I said before, when I installed my mods earlier, I didnt take many pictures or notes, so im having to go back through and re-trace my steps to create some writeups.
As of now, Im working on:

3.0 V6 Headers
HID Kit Install
Wood Grain Dash Kit Install
Removing Gauge Bezel
Indiglow / Chrome Rings / LED Gauge swap

**I'll search the boards for previous posts and writeups to help me out and to give me others.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:42 PM
eh f**k altezzas.

im about to remesh my upper grill in the next few days, i could do a little pictorial on that if you guys would want one.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:01 PM
The new ride

ok I'll do a DIY for a full system (maybe tomorrow, if not then by Monday) and then I'll do one for a CAI on a 3.0, probably the end of next week becasue it's still in transit.

I might remove my bumper to do some touch up painting next week (yes, enough painting that removing it will help lol) and I just bought HID's on ebay so I can do a write up on that too, let me know what you need.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Mulk
ok I'll do a DIY for a full system (maybe tomorrow, if not then by Monday) and then I'll do one for a CAI on a 3.0, probably the end of next week becasue it's still in transit.

I might remove my bumper to do some touch up painting next week (yes, enough painting that removing it will help lol) and I just bought HID's on ebay so I can do a write up on that too, let me know what you need.
the audio system write up will be great, too bad I never took the time to take pics of all my audio installs anways acura3.0cl said he was going to do an HID kit DIY, but if its not too much of a problem, just do one as well, its always nice to have and i'll just post up the first one that I get
Old 07-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
the audio system write up will be great, too bad I never took the time to take pics of all my audio installs
I've been through 3 audio systems. have my fourth sitting in my living room, waiting for my optima, and new tranny
Old 07-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Acura3.0CL
Hey Jonesi, Thanks for making this a stricky and thanks for the help! At first, I didnt think this was going to work because I never got any responses back from the Moderators/Admins....Thankfully now, things are starting to take off.
No problem.. I'm here to help if you guys need anything.. Astroboy sent me to help out.. You guys are doing a awesome job and have a lot of support/help from the members.. Keep up the good work and if anyone needs anything just hit me up anytime..
Old 07-07-2005, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jonesi
No problem.. I'm here to help if you guys need anything.. Astroboy sent me to help out.. You guys are doing a awesome job and have a lot of support/help from the members.. Keep up the good work and if anyone needs anything just hit me up anytime..

Sounds good. Thanks Jonesi. (im just glad that this idea/section finally got started & that I'm able to help out the way that I am.) Yea things have been hard for me lately with summer school and 2 tests and a speech to give, but now that thats all over with, I can start posting up my DIY this weekend. Hopefully some of the members will have their DIY writeups to Klepto or myself by this weekend and then once the majority of DIY's are done, maybe as early as mid week, we can open this up to everyone to use? (It all depends on if klepto and I are finished posting the majority of them, and even after the new forum is open to everyone, im sure we will have plenty more to add.)

Hang in there guys. Thanks a bunch for helpin Klepto and Myself out with some of the writeups and DIY's. Email them to us, we'll post them up, and hopefully soon, we can open this thing up to everyone to read and enjoy. Just hang in there...
Old 07-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Senior Moderator

im pretty much done with my DIY's. I posted all the ones that I have, i have about one more to put up, then acura3.0cl can put his up and we'll make it public
Old 07-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Ahhhhhhhh

im pretty much done with my DIY's. I posted all the ones that I have, i have about one more to put up, then acura3.0cl can put his up and we'll make it public
its only a matter of time before you become a mod
Old 07-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by LLWesMan
Old 07-08-2005, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by LLWesMan
Haha...lucky...I bet you will become one too. (whats the requirements anyway? How do you end up becomming one?)

Yea, Like I said, Mine should be posted by this weekend and then we can probably go public. I know a few members own DIY writeups will still be trickling in for another week, but we can always post those later on.

Old 07-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Senior Moderator

i'll be out this weekend, im going back up to davis for a party and I dont think i'll have internet connection. So hold down the fort acura3.0cl!
Old 07-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Ahhhhhhhh

Originally Posted by Acura3.0CL
(whats the requirements anyway? How do you end up becomming one?)
You never ask and you get picked.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:35 PM

i'll be out this weekend, im going back up to davis for a party and I dont think i'll have internet connection. So hold down the fort acura3.0cl!
Alright sounds good!
An Update For Everyone:
Klepto has already posted:
2.2 Intake - 9006/9005 Conversion - Rear Washer Camber Trick - Spring/Shock Install - m3 mirrors - short shifter - replacing wood trim - debadging - blackout headlights - bumper removal - seafoam - tranny cooler - clear corner install

I am posting:
3.0 V6 Headers - wood dash kit - removing gauge bezel - indiglow gauges - chrome gauge rings - LED gauge swap (awaiting help from Musulsa) - painting engine plastics - HID Kit install (awaiting writeup/info from Mulk) - 3.0 Fuel Injectors (awaiting writeup from Cocoa) - Window Regulator & various other stuff (awaiting writeups from Saiko_CL_duck)

I assume by Mid week, the new forum will go public. (we will still have members info & writeups comming in, but we can add those at a later date.

**If Anyone Has Any Info / DIY Writeups For Anything That Isn't Listed Here, & Can Help, Please Email Me!!**

Thanks!! -CJ
Old 07-10-2005, 11:52 PM

is klepto a moderator?

or is he just kidding in his avatar comment?
Old 07-11-2005, 12:17 AM
Senior Moderator

is klepto a moderator?

or is he just kidding in his avatar comment?
https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/infinity-kappa-speakers-174960/#post2387396
Old 07-11-2005, 02:35 AM
nippon_wa 2.0

Hey Klepto!

i just noticed that the info 'bout how to replace wood trim.. it's just for 97... do u want me to take some pix of how to take it out for 98-99 CLers...?

others will be same except the center console..

so... since I already took it out cuz of my new setup, i can take some pix..

let me know
Old 07-11-2005, 03:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by nippon_wa
Hey Klepto!

i just noticed that the info 'bout how to replace wood trim.. it's just for 97... do u want me to take some pix of how to take it out for 98-99 CLers...?

others will be same except the center console..

so... since I already took it out cuz of my new setup, i can take some pix..

let me know
sure why not, let me know the differences and I'll put up the pics. I'll pm you my email
Old 07-11-2005, 09:17 PM

New Update:

Klepto has already posted the writeups he had. I've written 3 and am awaiting my pictures to be hosted before I can post the DIY on the forum.

The 3 that I have finished should be posted on the forum my tomorrow (Tue.) Then we can check over everything, lock the threads, and I see no problem with opening it up to everyone on Wed.

The 3 I have finished are for the V6 Headers, Cleaning Headlamp Housings & Removing the Instrument Gauge Cluster.

I still have more to write and post, but either haven't had time to complete the install yet, or am still waiting on others to send me what they have. (I can always add those at a later date.)

Thanks! -CJ
Old 07-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Nice....!!
Old 07-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Cruisin'

Klepto or Acura3.0CL,

Do you guys need pictures of changing the gauge light bulbs? I'm in the process of doing it now. Should I be taking pics or not? I mail ordered my bulbs so i'm not completely done but I have the cluster taken out and everything. I could have the whole process photographed by the beginning of next week. let me know.

Quick Reply: ***Collecting Write Ups/DIY's! everyone read***