$80 to install some GOD DAMN HOOD PINS!!!! WORTH IT?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Si says "shut the fuk up"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow...this is still goin????
Old 11-15-2005, 01:13 PM
I'm a llama :(

Originally Posted by $peed])emon
wow...this is still goin????
Yes, and you posting is not helping any.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower
Yes, quality has EVERYTHING to do w/ using hood pins or not hoodpins

Sorry

The pictures of the CF hood I showed you has no hoodpins, and the car it is on often spends time at 200+ mph w/ zero issues. (and i'm not talking about quick spirts to 200; the car avg's 190+ through 130+ miles of ORR racing in Nevada)
That race is awesome. Starts in lund and goes to some little town. We drive throught there on the way to go fishing. They close down the highway! Its got a lot of nice turns too. I have always wanted to do it for fun. There are some pretty wicked cars that do it.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:51 PM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
i think, drive the car daily and if you feel the need to use the hood pins, by all means go for it... and make a professional do it. last thing you want is the weave to get out of place...
Old 11-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by baka_t
No one has to agree with me actually I wish someone would make a thread "am I the only one that don't like baka_t's car".
oh man believe me, the shit hits the fan when one of those are made
Old 11-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
IMO. As a piece of mind. Go for the hood pins. Who cares what people think of them.

If there is ANY doubt that the hood could ever fly up. Put them on. A couple ugly pins look a lot better than atleast a shattered window. Who knows what else could happen. You could be on the freeway and that bitch flys up. Then you got a smashed window and maybe a smashed car.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,478 Likes on 3,071 Posts
Originally Posted by KLepTo
Old 11-15-2005, 04:38 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by SwervinCL
That race is awesome. Starts in lund and goes to some little town. We drive throught there on the way to go fishing. They close down the highway! Its got a lot of nice turns too. I have always wanted to do it for fun. There are some pretty wicked cars that do it.

yeap, i'm doin it next year in one of our cars
Old 11-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Banned

^ is that your hotrod next to the enzo?

O_O
Old 11-15-2005, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

O_O
What are you friends now?!?! Come on you pussies, fight!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

O_O
yes im pretty sure that is. Im guessing it was taken at the weekly crystal cove meets in socal
Old 11-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Motohip
What are you friends now?!?! Come on you pussies, fight!
i wanted to put everything behind us and stop arguing lol... we went for 2 full pages
Old 11-16-2005, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Motohip
Yes, and you posting is not helping any.
ya i like to be an ass sometimes when im bored.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:54 AM

and put the hood pins on, they look esp with a cf hood....just dooo iiitttttt
Old 11-16-2005, 10:56 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
^ downforce isnt as strong as the upward force because if you think about it, wind easily slides over the top of the hood but not underneath since there is limited openings for the air to escape. in a way, the air is entering faster than its allowed to exit, which means more air being forced out (pushing up against the hood).

having this happening to your hood after highway driving will gradually add up and its only a matter of time before the latch snaps from all the pressure... hood pins act as separate latches in a way, to prevent your hood from flying up.

just curious, do you know what downforce is? Also, do you know what all those plastic pieces underneath the car are for?
Old 11-16-2005, 10:57 AM
teh Senior Instigator

O_O

yes
Old 11-16-2005, 10:58 AM
teh Senior Instigator

yes im pretty sure that is. Im guessing it was taken at the weekly crystal cove meets in socal

smart man
Old 11-16-2005, 10:59 AM
teh Senior Instigator

i wanted to put everything behind us and stop arguing lol... we went for 2 full pages

that wasn't arguing. That was me pointing out you are a moron
Old 11-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

that wasn't arguing. That was me pointing out you are a moron
Old 11-16-2005, 12:04 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
This thread is going no where....Its all bitching, complaining, and opinions about hood pins....Nothing to do with why the Thread was posted in the first place...
Old 11-16-2005, 12:09 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by Acura3.0CL
This thread is going no where....Its all bitching, complaining, and opinions about hood pins....Nothing to do with why the Thread was posted in the first place...

I guess you run this board now
Old 11-16-2005, 12:37 PM
The movement has started

Hahahhahahahahahahahahhaahaha
Old 11-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

He does think he's a mod
Old 11-16-2005, 01:10 PM

humm...i guess so...since you've seemed to be gone awhile and havnt posted in the first gen boards for some time...

lol the funny thing is my posts actually help members.....lets see, all you've really done is fight/argue/brag about your 2k CF hood (because i guess you see yourself as "god" (because all of us and our hoods are inferior your ours)
So really, your just post whoring your way to the top, trying to step on every member on the way up...

Oh, and BTW: Recycle has actually helped us alot with the CF hood for the 1st gens. You just show up outta no where and start callin him a moron and a pussy because "my 2k cf hood is better than yours! yours is crap" (You sound like a 3rd grader from the playground)

Oh and I guess since were all giving our own opinions....since your've already seemed to pick fights with everyone and give us your opinion on your "shit hoods"....I'll just give you my opinion...

Honestly, you "hot rod" if thats what you like to call it...yea, it looks like shit....

But you know what, im done arguing...because im not going to stoop down to your level....so have fun, and say your shit and argue, because i guess thats the only thing that makes a insecure person feel better about themselves....they just have to put down others so they can feel better.....and its sad really
Old 11-16-2005, 01:13 PM
you ghey dawg!

wow. i just got done reading this whole thread cause im freakin bored and all i gotta say is "boner".8=====D
Old 11-16-2005, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
He does think he's a mod
wow......im glad everyone thinks of me like this...im freakin shocked @ the way im being treated....here i am trying to help everyone by calling VIS everyday, getting access to old CF hood posts so i can add up all the info and talk to an attorny to help us get compensation...and im trying to actually help people by posting with knowledge and information members can use.....and im getting treated like this??

wow...im glad you all feel this way...

Well thats fine then.....im sorry im "acting like a mod" to everyone....Thats fine, ive got my hood, and i guess i dont have to help anyone else....someone else can talk to an attorny to try to get compensation from VIS, or make a DIY for the cf hood grille...Go ahead, because i guess im "doing too much" and "acting like a mod" so i'll just back off and just stop by the boards one in awhile....

oh, and its funny how other members in other threads can say " this thread is shit! close this crap! " ......... but once i say it, its totaly different, like im trying to be a mod or something...

oh yea, and who came up with the idea/help create and design the DIY thread?? Klepto and I.....I actually try to help you guys out and i get shitted on and made fun of....thanks alot...you guys can just be on your own then, if thats the way im going to get treated...
Old 11-16-2005, 01:22 PM

wow......im glad everyone thinks of me like this...im freakin shocked @ the way im being treated....here i am trying to help everyone by calling VIS everyday, getting access to old CF hood posts so i can add up all the info and talk to an attorny to help us get compensation...and im trying to actually help people by posting with knowledge and information members can use.....and im getting treated like this??

Well thats fine then.....im sorry im "acting like a mod" to everyone....Thats fine, ive got my hood, and i guess i dont have to help anyone else....someone else can talk to an attorny to try to get compensation from VIS, or make a DIY for the cf hood grille...Go ahead, because i guess im "doing too much" and "acting like a mod" so i'll just back off and just stop by the boards one in awhile....

oh, and its funny how other members in other threads can say " this thread is shit! close this crap! " ......... but once i say it, its totaly different, like im trying to be a mod or something...
Don't get too upset. I don't see anything wrong with you wanting to lock this stupid thread. People throw this lock smilie around all the time and nobody accuses them of trying to be a mod. So instead of the "mod" starting shit in threads like this, he should have locked it.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:23 PM
teh Senior Instigator

humm...i guess so...since you've seemed to be gone awhile and havnt posted in the first gen boards for some time...

lol the funny thing is my posts actually help members.....lets see, all you've really done is fight/argue/brag about your 2k CF hood (because i guess you see yourself as "god" (because all of us and our hoods are inferior your ours)
So really, your just post whoring your way to the top, trying to step on every member on the way up...

Oh, and BTW: Recycle has actually helped us alot with the CF hood for the 1st gens. You just show up outta no where and start callin him a moron and a pussy because "my 2k cf hood is better than yours! yours is crap" (You sound like a 3rd grader from the playground)

Oh and I guess since were all giving our own opinions....since your've already seemed to pick fights with everyone and give us your opinion on your "shit hoods"....I'll just give you my opinion...

Honestly, you "hot rod" if thats what you like to call it...yea, it looks like shit....

But you know what, im done arguing...because im not going to stoop down to your level....so have fun, and say your shit and argue, because i guess thats the only thing that makes a insecure person feel better about themselves....they just have to put down others so they can feel better.....and its sad really
SO I didn't help you on the CF hoods, big fucking deal. I've brought more to this first gen forum in terms of help then you ever will. Yes, I've never dealt w/ stupid shit like ricer CF hoods etc. I've brought plenty of technical data in terms of suspension and performance to the table in teh 5 years i've been here. But I can see you stay out of those because that's not your deal.

Are you also incompetant of reading? When did I call him a pussy, I didn't call him a moron because of hte CF hood, I called him a moron by the 4 last 4 threads he's started. The VIS hood looks like shit, but as I stated you get what you pay for. I'm just giving you the heads up on what to expect.

You can think my hot rod looks like shit all you want. I don't care. You are right, you are entitled to your opinion. Keep on adding your plastic shit to your car and buying bolt on parts. I've got more hours into my bumpers alone then you do your whole car, along w/ 13 magazine features and numerous awards

And FYI, I'm around the first gen forum everyday
Old 11-16-2005, 01:24 PM

thank you Moto
Old 11-16-2005, 01:24 PM
teh Senior Instigator

oh yea, and who came up with the idea/help create and design the DIY thread?? Klepto and I.....I actually try to help you guys out and i get shitted on and made fun of....thanks alot...you guys can just be on your own then, if thats the way im going to get treated...

wow, you are a fuckin cry baby bro. Get a hose and get that sand out of your vagina.

You have the nerve to tell me I act like a 3rd grader then you post this fuckin sob story shit? Give me a break dude, you sound like a 5 year old girl that got her my little pony taken away.

For one, if you are so confident in yourself, why do you care what I think. Seems everyone else is on your nuts by the way you talk. Don't worry about me. I live half way across the country. My opinion shouldn't matter to you
Old 11-16-2005, 01:29 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

For one, if you are so confident in yourself, why do you care what I think. Seems everyone else is on your nuts by the way you talk. Don't worry about me. I live half way across the country. My opinion shouldn't matter to you

Cmon guys, were supposed to be playin for the same team.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:30 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by Palayah8ta

Cmon guys, were supposed to be playin for the same team.

why? if we all got along, life would be boring and plain
Old 11-16-2005, 01:34 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

why? if we all got along, life would be boring and plain
true, but im not a fan of insulting someones hot rod. im a honda/acura lover. bUt i was SUUUPER impressed with ur hot rod. Interior/exterior. WOW.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Banned

lol... now Acura3.0 and CLpower are arguing.. *sigh*
Old 11-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Banned

and i must admit... the CF canards and splitters thread was pretty :ghey:
Old 11-16-2005, 02:20 PM

wow...im speechless

Well, I'll be the bigger man and appoligise for what i said before about your car.

But I wont appoligise for my actions on this message board, nor will i appoligise for my posts & info. Im just trying to help members out. So i dont understand why everyone thinks im trying to act like a MOD because im not. But thats fine, if no one appricates what info & help that im trying to add to the message board, thats fine...but dont dub me as a MOD when first off, im not, and im not trying to act like one, and second, all im trying to do is help other members out.

Im sorry, i guess im just sick of all the fighting and post whoring that seems to go on in every thread. And i guess since i try to stop the fighting/post whoring and bring the thread back to its org. purpose, i guess then im "trying to act like a mod." in everyone elses eyes. But im not...
Old 11-16-2005, 02:26 PM
Banned

^ its all good
Old 11-16-2005, 02:35 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by Palayah8ta
true, but im not a fan of insulting someones hot rod. im a honda/acura lover. bUt i was SUUUPER impressed with ur hot rod. Interior/exterior. WOW.

thanks bro, 8 years of hard work finally paid off. Now it's for sale and i'm about to start another project
Old 11-16-2005, 02:40 PM
teh Senior Instigator

wow...im speechless

Well, I'll be the bigger man and appoligise for what i said before about your car.

But I wont appoligise for my actions on this message board, nor will i appoligise for my posts & info. Im just trying to help members out. So i dont understand why everyone thinks im trying to act like a MOD because im not. But thats fine, if no one appricates what info & help that im trying to add to the message board, thats fine...but dont dub me as a MOD when first off, im not, and im not trying to act like one, and second, all im trying to do is help other members out.

Im sorry, i guess im just sick of all the fighting and post whoring that seems to go on in every thread. And i guess since i try to stop the fighting/post whoring and bring the thread back to its org. purpose, i guess then im "trying to act like a mod." in everyone elses eyes. But im not...

Bigger man and apologize? Say what you want to say about my car, I could care less

Again, not to be a dick, but you are being a baby . I'm sure many people appreciate what you have done, and no where have I said I don't. If you didn't notice, I commended more then a few times in the CF hood thread on you guys actually getting this made.

Next, we are all here to help members out, you were quick to say I haven't, when in fact, i'll say again, there is no doubt i've done plenty, esp. considering I've been here for 5 years, have gone through many changes on my car and know many technical aspects about it. I'm sorry i'm not here participating in, "WOW CARBON FIBER TRUNK!! THAT'D BE TITZ YO!!!!!!" bullshit. I still browse this forum everyday. I don't speak much because 99% of the shit has already been covered extensively. I was also trying to give the heads up on the hood, as i've been around CF hoods from many different companies including VIS for years. I never doubted you as a mod, which you pointed out you aren't.

All threads will go off topic, there will always be some arguing as everyone here has different tastes. It's part of life. When you work w/ someone you don't agree w/, do you stand up and quit? I think not. It's part of reality.

If others think you act like a mod, who cares. Only one other person mentioned it and your panties immediately got twisted and started rubbing up against your lip making them swell up.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

thanks bro, 8 years of hard work finally paid off. Now it's for sale and i'm about to start another project
El Camino

Quick Reply: $80 to install some GOD DAMN HOOD PINS!!!! WORTH IT?!