2001 MDX with outside temp not reading on display

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 10:23 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 MDX with outside temp not reading on display

My Acura MDX's outside temp reading hasn't worked consistently in awhile. This also appears to affect the fan mode, in that I cannot change whatever mode it is currently in. In the very cold weather in CO, sometimes it will read, but rarely anymore. It's like it is a bad connection vs bad component. Anyone else have this issue? My local Acura service dept says the 'climate control unit' needs replaced. I thought this unit controlled the inside temp of the car? I also heard the outside temp device is underneath the front bumper somewhere.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:27 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, I'm having the exact same issue on my 2004 MDX. Did you ever get the issue resolved? Has become a PITA now that its getting cold around here. Thanks
Old 01-21-2019, 09:50 AM
~HondaF1~

Received 107 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by suebee
My local Acura service dept says the 'climate control unit' needs replaced. .... I also heard the outside temp device is underneath the front bumper somewhere.
I believe these sensors are indeed up front around the front bumper area and have had to be replaced before. It usually works fine after replacement...