Weird electronics issue - ongoing saga

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 09:38 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird electronics issue - ongoing saga

Hi all, long time MDX driver, but never had to create an account until this recent problem started happening. I have a 2004 MDX touring and it's been great. First problem happened last week when the nav screen would boot up and show the globe picture with the acura emblem, and then turn black and start up again back and forth. Kept asking me to enter the code. Doing so didn't really fix it. It would come on fully for a while and then reset itself somehow. Then one day I was driving, stopped at a bakery for 10 minutes, came back out and it wouldn't start. Just sounded like a dead battery, you know when it makes that ticking sound when you try to start it.. I got a jump start and went to the mechanic. Mechanic said my alternator is fine, and gave me a new battery. It's been starting fine. But the electronics issue persists, the navigation screen is stuck in the acura emblem screen and keeps cycling itself on and off. Today on my way to work the check engine light went on. I'm at work now so I can't do much, will probably have to take it to the mechanic to get a read on the code.

Is this chain of events indicative of something that you guys know of?