Upgraded from a 2007 MDX to a 2012 MDX ADV/ENT

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 01:24 AM
08 TL & 12 ADV/ENT MDX

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts
Upgraded from a 2007 MDX to a 2012 MDX ADV/ENT

Hey guys just wanted to share our recent upgrade from a 2007 WDP Tech MDX to a 2012 CBP ADV/ENT MDX. Here is the 2007 WDP MDX

The Wifey always wanted Black on Black so I decided to surprise her and get her what she wanted. I added the Roof rails with cross bars and the sport running boards. It may seem like a small difference between the two but there was a huge difference between the two. Here's how she looks now!

Of course the kids LOVE the DVD ent setup

So far we are loving the features of the Adaptive cruise control, The Blind side indicators, Adjustable suspension, Bluetooth audio, Hard drive to store music, Auto lift gate, Dual reverse camera, and of course the extra power from a beefier engine. I'm pretty sure I forgot to add some other things. Thanks for looking guys oh and as you can see from the pics we are a Acura family I drive a 08 TL Here are a couple pics

On ASPECS

Thanks for looking Guys
Old 04-04-2012, 06:11 AM
2006 TL: WDP/Ebony

Received 120 Likes on 119 Posts
very nice upgrade, I'm currently looking into getting one also
Old 04-04-2012, 06:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
Congrats - the Adv/Ent really moves the MDX into the next class of SUV which will compete against anything in that size range.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:46 AM
08 TL & 12 ADV/ENT MDX

Originally Posted by omnuts
Thanks! I would recommend it I have 4 kids and it fits us perfectly!

Originally Posted by db22
Congrats - the Adv/Ent really moves the MDX into the next class of SUV which will compete against anything in that size range.
I agree! Actually there isnt much competition as far as Luxury SUV's that offer a 3rd row unless you want to get a Benz I believe its the ML series but its alot bigger than the MDX and way more expensive. So MDX it is! LOL
Old 04-04-2012, 01:18 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Those are 2 great looking cars. Love the new MDX and the 08 TL.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:26 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi guys, i just changed my stock DRL to LED with the right bulb size and it looks awesome.. but my porblem is that my car on board computer says, "CHECK DRL SYSTEM". i went to the dealer about what's going on and they said the led i bought is not supported. anyone has this problem? what should i do? i need your help. thanks

this is the bulb i bought:
https://store.ijdmtoy.com/ProductDet...Fog_9005_SKU45
Old 04-04-2012, 03:49 PM
10th Gear

Princeville01: You'll need error free decoder wiring kit with your 9005 led in order to bypass the error message on the dash. Good luck!!1
Old 04-04-2012, 06:40 PM
3rd Gear

nctuan03: thank you! i just ordered. have you had a problem like this too? and it worked with the free decoder?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:03 PM
10th Gear

I'm pretty sure it'll work with the decoder. I didn't have any problems when I installed it
Old 04-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 72 Posts
Great combo Ziggy. My wife and I are plannning to replace her TSX with the exact same choice as yours (black on black adv/ent). Especially with 2 kids.

Of course, my TL will be the garage mate. I can't part with her just yet.

Now if I can afford the new NSX in three years, then I might have to let the TL go.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:08 PM
08 TL & 12 ADV/ENT MDX

THANK YOU SIR!
Originally Posted by SlimTL
Great combo Ziggy. My wife and I are plannning to replace her TSX with the exact same choice as yours (black on black adv/ent). Especially with 2 kids.

Of course, my TL will be the garage mate. I can't part with her just yet.

Now if I can afford the new NSX in three years, then I might have to let the TL go.
Thank you sir! You and your wife will LOVE the MDX especially with the headphones for the kids you can still listen to your radio,XM,CD,Bluetooth, Audio or USB while they are watching a movie. They can even listen to a seperate Audio source while the front is listening to a different audio source. Sometimes Im tempted to just let the wifey drive the TL so I can drive the MDX "yeah right" hahahah But yeah NSX's are worth it! I prob would trade in my TL also for a NSX also. Again I would just have to say that the Adv MDX is the way Mdx's should come stock!

Last edited by ziggyh22; 04-04-2012 at 11:09 PM. Reason: multi quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice upgrade! Also, nice looking 3G TL!

I was trying to see if my wife will go for trading the Honda Pilot for an MDX. However, with our two young kids and one on the way, she prefers the Honda Odyssey. Maybe I will get the MDX when I pay off the TL-S.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ziggyh22

THANK YOU SIR!

Thank you sir! You and your wife will LOVE the MDX especially with the headphones for the kids you can still listen to your radio,XM,CD,Bluetooth, Audio or USB while they are watching a movie. They can even listen to a seperate Audio source while the front is listening to a different audio source. Sometimes Im tempted to just let the wifey drive the TL so I can drive the MDX "yeah right" hahahah But yeah NSX's are worth it! I prob would trade in my TL also for a NSX also. Again I would just have to say that the Adv MDX is the way Mdx's should come stock!

Question though, what's your thought on the Sport running boards versus the Advance? I personally like the sport but the advance also gives the MDX a nice side profile. What made you choose the sport running boards?
Old 04-05-2012, 11:05 PM
08 TL & 12 ADV/ENT MDX

Originally Posted by D68Soldier
Nice upgrade! Also, nice looking 3G TL!

I was trying to see if my wife will go for trading the Honda Pilot for an MDX. However, with our two young kids and one on the way, she prefers the Honda Odyssey. Maybe I will get the MDX when I pay off the TL-S.
Thank you sir! Yeah wifey dosent like mini vans either our kids are big already so its a bit easier for us(13,13,11,9) and I can see how its easier with a mini van with younger kids! Let her test drive the Advance that might help you sell her on a MDX!

Question though, what's your thought on the Sport running boards versus the Advance? I personally like the sport but the advance also gives the MDX a nice side profile. What made you choose the sport running boards?
Honestly I was just a fan of the sport running boards cause of the color and how they sit on the car and matches with the silver roof rails. We had them on our 07 MDX and wanted to be different cause on all of the 2012 MDX's they all came with the Advance running boards. The Advance running boards which my father has it on his MDX just stick out too much and he's complained to me that if he's not paying attention getting into his car he hits his shin on the running board And the last thing that I didnt like about the Advance boards is that they are Chrome I just dont like big pieces of chrome on the MDX. Call me lame but thats just my take!hahaah

Last edited by ziggyh22; 04-05-2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: added quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
ziggy, what is the brand rims you have on your TL? love it!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:18 PM
08 TL & 12 ADV/ENT MDX

Originally Posted by insxtc
ziggy, what is the brand rims you have on your TL? love it!
insxtc Thank you! They are BBS LM's Copies they are made by Miro. Got them from 323motorsports.com
Old 04-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Any A-zine type mod plans for the MDX? (considering it's already pretty loaded from Acura )
Old 04-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Great looking MDX. I just got a Black on Black and love the color but it seems like I'm washing it every other day. It sure does look good when it is clean.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Advanced

Thank you sir! Yeah wifey dosent like mini vans either our kids are big already so its a bit easier for us(13,13,11,9) and I can see how its easier with a mini van with younger kids! Let her test drive the Advance that might help you sell her on a MDX!
Wow, twins! Our kids are 6, 4 and one due in June. I have two older (16 & 15) kids but they live with their mother in another state.

Recently, my TL-S was in the shop to get its clutch replaced. They provided me with a '12 MDX SH-AWD. I loved it but the MPG was a downer. Hopefully, they upgrade to a 6 AT. My wife thought it was smaller than her '10 Pilot 4WD Touring. So I will probably trade that in for a '12/'13 Odyssey Touring Elite.

I think I will get the MDX for myself when I pay off the TL-S. That way I can have something to transport the family. Hopefully, the MPG has improved and they have push-button ignition by then.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:44 PM
08 TL & 12 ADV/ENT MDX

Any A-zine type mod plans for the MDX? (considering it's already pretty loaded from Acura )
Hahaahha I say NO but my thoughts are YES! All I want to do is HID yellow fogs and a Clear Bra but damn the clear bra are sooo expensive so far cheapest is $700 Im also getting the OEM tow hitch installed tomorrow so I can finally go biking again

Originally Posted by jvette
Great looking MDX. I just got a Black on Black and love the color but it seems like I'm washing it every other day. It sure does look good when it is clean.
Damn tell me about it! I had to suck it up and give up the garage so I can park the MDX and save me some headache on the cleaning! But its still worth it when its all clean! Congrats on your pick up!

Wow, twins! Our kids are 6, 4 and one due in June. I have two older (16 & 15) kids but they live with their mother in another state.

Recently, my TL-S was in the shop to get its clutch replaced. They provided me with a '12 MDX SH-AWD. I loved it but the MPG was a downer. Hopefully, they upgrade to a 6 AT. My wife thought it was smaller than her '10 Pilot 4WD Touring. So I will probably trade that in for a '12/'13 Odyssey Touring Elite.

I think I will get the MDX for myself when I pay off the TL-S. That way I can have something to transport the family. Hopefully, the MPG has improved and they have push-button ignition by then.
Yeah the only downfall is the mileage but I guess I dont notice it cause it was the same on the 07 MDX. But its pretty decent when I took it to Vegas I was able to get 357 on a full tank so still not bad. Yeah that will be a nice pick up if you trade in the TL-S for it. But if you can keep the TL and get the MDX so you can still have a weekend warrior! And you have a MRP 6MT TL-S damn thats gonna be a collector!

Last edited by ziggyh22; 04-09-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: added a quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Advanced

Yeah the only downfall is the mileage but I guess I dont notice it cause it was the same on the 07 MDX. But its pretty decent when I took it to Vegas I was able to get 357 on a full tank so still not bad. Yeah that will be a nice pick up if you trade in the TL-S for it. But if you can keep the TL and get the MDX so you can still have a weekend warrior! And you have a MRP 6MT TL-S damn thats gonna be a collector!
Ok, I got ya on the MPG. I have noticed that the Pilot's MPG is not as good as advertised (20 MPG on HWY).

Oh no, I plan on keeping the TL-S. In 10 years, I will be teaching my son how to drive a manual with it. Yes, I have noticed that it is quite rare. My wife likes the KBP.

What are your future plans with your TL? Again, congrats on your purchase.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:44 AM
08 TL & 12 ADV/ENT MDX

Ok, I got ya on the MPG. I have noticed that the Pilot's MPG is not as good as advertised (20 MPG on HWY).

Oh no, I plan on keeping the TL-S. In 10 years, I will be teaching my son how to drive a manual with it. Yes, I have noticed that it is quite rare. My wife likes the KBP.

What are your future plans with your TL? Again, congrats on your purchase.
Funny thing is on the mpg sticker I believe the MDX advertises the same! Do it! Get the MDX LOL As for my TL I'm currently getting all the stuff I need for a supercharger setup Greddy Emanage,injectors,battery relocation,PCD's, exhaust and tune. Should be installed in the next couple weeks So we will see how that setup goes!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Burning Brakes

IMO, the advance MDX is a great value compared to other manufacturers offerings. I just read an article that was posted on Automobile Magazine, and they ranked the MDX as the best all-around great performer for luxury SUVs.

I test drove the 2013 RDX (sweet ride btw) and it makes me excited to see what Acura has planned for the next gen MDX.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:10 AM
08 TL & 12 ADV/ENT MDX

IMO, the advance MDX is a great value compared to other manufacturers offerings. I just read an article that was posted on Automobile Magazine, and they ranked the MDX as the best all-around great performer for luxury SUVs.

I test drove the 2013 RDX (sweet ride btw) and it makes me excited to see what Acura has planned for the next gen MDX.
Agreed The new RDX is pretty nice kinda bummed they got rid of the Turbo motor but the V6 has some decent power. From what the dealer told my the new MDX should be out in 2014 or 2013 and might come in a Hybrid version If thats the case might have to trade in the MDX again! HAhahaaha
Old 05-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Originally Posted by omnuts

I also just got a TL ('08 Type S), and will be getting my wife an MDX hopefully within the next year.

Congrats OP!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:09 PM
Burning Brakes

The more I looked at your thread, the closer I got to making the jump. I've finally joined the MDX club!

My wife and I traded in her fully loaded 05 TSX a-spec for a black on black Advance/ENT during the Memorial Day Weekend Sale for .9% APR for 5 years. So, I'll still have the TL since the MDX will primarily be hers.

We miss the TSX because it's hard to get rid of something that's working just fine, but I keep telling myself "it's for the kids." .......(and me!)

I'll create a thread after I do a few mods.

Last edited by SlimTL; 05-31-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:50 PM
08 TL & 12 ADV/ENT MDX

The more I looked at your thread, the closer I got to making the jump. I've finally joined the MDX club!

My wife and I traded in her fully loaded 05 TSX a-spec for a black on black Advance/ENT during the Memorial Day Weekend Sale for .9% APR for 5 years. So, I'll still have the TL since the MDX will primarily be hers.

We miss the TSX because it's hard to get rid of something that's working just fine, but I keep telling myself "it's for the kids." .......(and me!)

I'll create a thread after I do a few mods.
NICE! CONGRATS You will love it! Have you tried the adaptive cruise control yet? Its awesome love how if theres a car in front of you that stops abruptly it will brake hard for you too! But enjoy the new ride and congrats again. Post up pics when you can
Old 06-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Good Vibes

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Congrats, I'm a little jelly. Now you can stream iPhone audio via bluetooth in the AUX position and change songs via steering wheel.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Burning Brakes

I love the CMBS and the Adaptive cruise control. Great technology in this vehicle!

In true Acurazine fashion, I already started modding. The tint is my second mod (the first was LEDs):

Last edited by SlimTL; 06-03-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Burning Brakes

One more of the tint, and then I'm done thread jacking. LOL

Old 06-06-2012, 12:23 PM
08 TL & 12 ADV/ENT MDX

I love the CMBS and the Adaptive cruise control. Great technology in this vehicle!

In true Acurazine fashion, I already started modding. The tint is my second mod (the first was LEDs):
SIICCKK! I like how you have 2 Black Acura's keeping them clean must be a pain in the ASS! But congrats they both look great!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Thanks Ziggy,

Black can be pain to keep clean if you let it, but I'm pretty anal with my cleanliness. I don't mind washing my cars because I like them clean . . . whether black, silver, or whatever.

My wife's TSX that we traded was also black/black, but it turned a lot of heads when clean.

It's currently on the dealer site for sale. Can be a pretty good deal for some one looking for a nice, decent daily that was well maintained.
Link: http://sterlingmccallacura.com/Houst...k-Car/9215365/
Old 06-07-2012, 10:48 AM
08 TL & 12 ADV/ENT MDX

Thanks Ziggy,

Black can be pain to keep clean if you let it, but I'm pretty anal with my cleanliness. I don't mind washing my cars because I like them clean . . . whether black, silver, or whatever.

My wife's TSX that we traded was also black/black, but it turned a lot of heads when clean.

It's currently on the dealer site for sale. Can be a pretty good deal for some one looking for a nice, decent daily that was well maintained.
Link: http://sterlingmccallacura.com/Houst...k-Car/9215365/
Yeah being anal about the cars is the only way! I pretty much wash both of the cars every week. Oh try driving close to a car or accelerate behind a car and be pretty close you will see the CBMS alert you to brake and lets say if your coming up to a car pretty fast and before you brake last the seatbelts will retract and tighten up. I'm really impressed with all the features this car has. I saw the TSX that car is clean good job on taking care of that car!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah being anal about the cars is the only way! I pretty much wash both of the cars every week. Oh try driving close to a car or accelerate behind a car and be pretty close you will see the CBMS alert you to brake and lets say if your coming up to a car pretty fast and before you brake last the seatbelts will retract and tighten up. I'm really impressed with all the features this car has. I saw the TSX that car is clean good job on taking care of that car!
Thanks for the compliments. Oh yeah, I've already experienced the CMBS in action. It's a pretty neat safety feature for sure.

What scared the crap out of me, though, was one day someone cut me off in traffic and the seat belts tugged a few times then tightened up and appiled the brakes until I switched lanes. I expected it to happen one day but once it acutally kicked in, I was like "Wow, this is cool!"

And be for real, who's really driving your MDX? You or your wife?

I told my wife I'll break hers in for the first month while I do mods. So far so good.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:52 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Wanna share info and pics of the LEDs?
Old 06-08-2012, 06:17 PM
08 TL & 12 ADV/ENT MDX

Thanks for the compliments. Oh yeah, I've already experienced the CMBS in action. It's a pretty neat safety feature for sure.

What scared the crap out of me, though, was one day someone cut me off in traffic and the seat belts tugged a few times then tightened up and appiled the brakes until I switched lanes. I expected it to happen one day but once it acutally kicked in, I was like "Wow, this is cool!"

And be for real, who's really driving your MDX? You or your wife?

I told my wife I'll break hers in for the first month while I do mods. So far so good.
HAHAHAH Yeah that happend to me while my daughter was in the car and We had the SAME reaction you did scared first then after we were both like COOL But really I love driving the car when I can but she drives it everyday we got the car in Feb and we already have 6023 miles I just took it in or the first oil change. Whats funny is everytime I see another MDX and its not the advanced version I like to drive by them and taunt them and make them think "I should've got the Advance version" hahahah I didint even notice you put LED's where did you put it? Do share
Old 06-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Burning Brakes

HAHAHAH Yeah that happend to me while my daughter was in the car and We had the SAME reaction you did scared first then after we were both like COOL But really I love driving the car when I can but she drives it everyday we got the car in Feb and we already have 6023 miles I just took it in or the first oil change. Whats funny is everytime I see another MDX and its not the advanced version I like to drive by them and taunt them and make them think "I should've got the Advance version" hahahah I didint even notice you put LED's where did you put it? Do share
Wow, 6000 miles already? You're still breaking it in! LOL. I honestly believe that if I'm spending my money on a luxury car, I want a FULLY loaded luxury car. It annoys me to see a fancy BMW or Lexus with a giant GPS mounted on the windshield. I figure, if you made it this far, spring for a few thousand more and grab the model with at least the midrange bells and whistles. Otherwise, for what I'm paying for an entry level luxury, I would get a fully loaded Honda Pilot or Chevy Tahoe with accessories installed. Plus, the Advance is how the MDX is supposed to be equipped anyway.

I don't have any pics of the LEDs just yet. But I replaced all the regular bulbs except the visor mirror. I've got some 6K LEDs over the license plate and it really makes the rear end look exotic.
I changed the front and rear turn signals, the front and rear parking, the fogs and DRL to 5k, inside the tailgate to 5k, and I'm waiting on the 6K footwell and door LEDs to come in from backorder on VLEDS.com.

Plus, I finally created a thread.
Check it out:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...4#post13829194

I'm not a pirate, so I wasn't planning to hijack your thread much longer.

Last edited by SlimTL; 06-09-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wrestrepo
Wanna share info and pics of the LEDs?
Info is in the thread above this one. I don't have pics as of yet, but once I get a chance, I'll snap a few and post them in my thread.

I finally created a thread
Check it out:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...4#post13829194
Old 06-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Off roading in his

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats.

My mom went from '07 Black on Black MDX to '11 White w/ beige interior
Old 06-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Cruisin'

everytime i see an advance, i think...what a waste paying all that more money...for more fancy gizmo's and 1 inch bigger wheels, that do not look any better than the 18's on my tech....hmmm...well maybe i am a little jealous

Quick Reply: Upgraded from a 2007 MDX to a 2012 MDX ADV/ENT