Air Conditioning Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 07:48 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Conditioning Issue

Good morning all -

Hoping that someone can lend their experience for my 2nd generation MDX (2007). The problem is very similar to what others have posted before, but the solution must be different. In summary, the air conditioning blows at three distinctly different temperatures, rear (cold, ~63 degrees), passenger front (cool, ~73 degrees, and driver front (ambient, ~93 degrees).

I, like others, thought it might be a Freon problem. I checked it last night with the manifold gauges (and added a touch extra) to get the suction side pressure to ~47psi and the high port was ~205psi. That appeared to be within the acceptable limits per the service manual for a 95 degree, 80% humidity day.

I’ve also taken off the drivers side mix door. When changing the temperature in the car, it appeared to have full range of motion. Also, when I adjusted the door positions by hand (without the servo), I was unable to get cold air then either.

Starting to hit a wall, so I’ll take any advice that y’all have. TIA

Old 07-15-2019, 09:32 AM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
The servo motor that operates the mix door that you play with is defective.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:47 PM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Northpilot06
Good morning all -

Hoping that someone can lend their experience for my 2nd generation MDX (2007). The problem is very similar to what others have posted before, but the solution must be different. In summary, the air conditioning blows at three distinctly different temperatures, rear (cold, ~63 degrees), passenger front (cool, ~73 degrees, and driver front (ambient, ~93 degrees).

I, like others, thought it might be a Freon problem. I checked it last night with the manifold gauges (and added a touch extra) to get the suction side pressure to ~47psi and the high port was ~205psi. That appeared to be within the acceptable limits per the service manual for a 95 degree, 80% humidity day.

I’ve also taken off the drivers side mix door. When changing the temperature in the car, it appeared to have full range of motion. Also, when I adjusted the door positions by hand (without the servo), I was unable to get cold air then either.

Starting to hit a wall, so I’ll take any advice that y’all have. TIA
Are you able to do the temp checks again and include all the same info as well as center vent temp and intake temp at the cabin air filter?