AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1/2G MDX (2001-2013) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1-2g-mdx-2001-2013-166/)
-   -   Multiple Electrical failures (https://acurazine.com/forums/1-2g-mdx-2001-2013-166/multiple-electrical-failures-976696/)

ddietz 01-25-2019 11:27 AM

Multiple Electrical failures

I realize this is the TL forum, but I have a question regarding my 2010 MDX (I have a TL and an MDX by the way) and I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem on their TL.
The following failures are occurring:
No outside temp display
No power door locks
No remote trunk operation
No outdoor running lights
No turn signals
No momentary wipers (pushing up on the wiper lever does nothing)
No headlight indicator on dash. Headlights do not turn off when rotating the headlight dial.
No seat-memory functions
No lights around the console area (the radio station preset buttons have no light)
No A/C compressor (not sure about this one - it's cold outside so I haven't checked the AC. The fan works though.)

I've checked a lot of the fuses, and they have no problem. I've disconnected the negative terminal from the battery for an hour, then re-attached it and suddenly everything above was functional again, for a few seconds. Then it all failed again. So it can't be a fuse issue. But maybe a relay? Any other ideas?

thoiboi 01-25-2019 12:23 PM

Try replacing your battery

R J Poseidon 6 01-25-2019 01:03 PM

...and if that doesn't do it, the alternator should be the next thing you test.

ddietz 01-26-2019 05:54 AM

Thanks a lot for your responses.
Some additional info that may or may not be relevant:
The battery is 13 months old. I put a charger on it overnight anyway. Fully charged, same issues.

I don't need to start the vehicle to experience the issues. After disconnecting the battery and leaving the vehicle to sit for 20-30 min. which I assume resets something, everything works again briefly. I can tell because the remote fob will unlock/lock the doors (and everything else will function normally if I turn the key to the ACC position) and then stops responding.

Given the above, would a battery or alternator still be a possible cause?

ddietz 01-27-2019 09:49 AM

Update: For the time being, all of the above items are functioning again, and haven't failed for the last 24 hours. I wish I could explain how...

Midnight Mystery 01-27-2019 01:31 PM

OK, really interesting... I know the RLs had problems like this, maybe something could be similar and be replicated in your MDX. It's worth a shot, I guess.

ananduri 05-19-2019 12:47 AM

This issue just happened to my 2008 MDX. It was raining outside as well.

Any suggestions on fix?

csmeance 05-22-2019 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by ananduri (Post 16428001)
This issue just happened to my 2008 MDX. It was raining outside as well.

Any suggestions on fix?

check front and rear fuse boxes for any dampness! Also check your drivers door harness and see if it's broken. If it breaks (common issue) wires are exposed and can short if water gets in