Was looking at buying a 2010 MDX but.....

Old 10-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Was looking at buying a 2010 MDX but.....

Reading the latest consumer reviews from Edmunds is scaring me off. A lot of talk about failed trannys and torque converters. Didnt Acura fix the tranny issues? The worst part is that these are cars with less than 75K on them.

The new tranny was the main reason for me to get a 2010 or later model. Are these just a few customers with bad luck or is there a quality problem?
Old 10-07-2014, 11:23 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
The one of the main reason I went with the +10 MDX was because of the 6AT (along with updated styling and tech). The 6AT will have a shorter run compared to the 5AT of old; but, it has been a good fit for the +10 MDX. I did the 6AT reflash and it has yielded better hwy mpgs for me (main traveling vehicle). I wish my TSX and RDX 5AT had some extra gears because you can sometimes get bogged down and the tranny will not down shift for faster acceleration.

I still flush my transmission about every 30,000 miles before the M.I.D. tells me for all 3 vehicles, just in-case.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Originally Posted by fog80
Reading the latest consumer reviews from Edmunds is scaring me off. A lot of talk about failed trannys and torque converters. Didnt Acura fix the tranny issues? The worst part is that these are cars with less than 75K on them.

The new tranny was the main reason for me to get a 2010 or later model. Are these just a few customers with bad luck or is there a quality problem?
Statistically the failure rate is very low but produces a very vocal customer. I'd be mad too though
Old 10-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 119 Posts
how many reports of the issue vs how many vehicles sold? The MDX is Acura's top selling model. There are a lot of them out there, and you have no idea how those vehicles were driven. There are plenty of asshats that beat their cars to death and neglect basic maintenance.
The following users liked this post:
Acura_Dude (10-07-2014)
Old 10-07-2014, 03:36 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 012TL-GLM
how many reports of the issue vs how many vehicles sold? The MDX is Acura's top selling model. There are a lot of them out there, and you have no idea how those vehicles were driven. There are plenty of asshats that beat their cars to death and neglect basic maintenance.
Like going into manual shift mode when they have never driven a manual shift before.
Acura_Dude (10-07-2014)
Old 10-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
I have a 2010 and have followed this and other forums since before 2010 but I cannot recollect reports of transmission issues for any Gen 2 MDX's. If it were an issue I think that this forum would be filled with complaints. I am not convinced that Edmunds didn't report a transmission problem because the bulb went out in the Comfort/Sport switch.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Instructor

Thanks for the replies. I still love my 02 TLS even with the tranny issues. When my tranny went at 100k, I vowed to not buy Acura again but I just love the balance of performance and luxury.

I just want to make sure I dont get myself into a situation where I spend all this money and I worry everyday about my tranny going out.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Everyone's situation is different - I rarely worry about things breaking on our cars. I figure they're man made and destined to fail. I keep up with regular maintenance and hope for the best Of course it probably helps that our cars average less than 6000 miles a year
Old 10-29-2014, 01:56 PM
Instructor

Test drove a 2010 last night and am going to test drive a base 2011 tonight. The 2011 is a CPO with 62K miles for 23,900.

I'm hoping I can drop the price down a little....if they work with me I may pull the trigger. I really wanted the tech pkg but I'm working with a budget and have to sacrifice to get a later model with semi-low miles.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:27 PM
mrgold35

Semi low miles for a 11 MDX would be 35,000-50,000 miles. That looks like average miles of a 2010 MDX. I have +114,000 on my 08 RDX and +116,000 on my 06 TSX and I still expecting to get another 70,000-90,000 additional miles before I retire them (looking to push my current MDX with 47,000 miles well past the 175,000 mile mark).
Old 10-30-2014, 12:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
I'm actually in the same position. I've been reading the threads and other forums on the 2010+ MDXs with torque and tranny issues even with the new programming at dealers. Thats really worrying me if I should consider an MDX. I dont have a family, I'm single, working and have always loved the 2G Xs and now that I am done with school. I really want an X.

Any advice? Should I wait for prices to go down as I plan to get into something newer in the next 4 months.

Is the Advance mdx worth all the goodies? I have read that the active suspension shocks tend to go out early. I really like the Advance model for the cooled seats, safety tech but could care less on active suspension.

I dont want to take away the OPs thread, but it seems the 2G mdx side of Azine has much smaller member base than the 3G TL. I just wanted to ask since I'm looking at 2010 to 2011 Mdxs that cost below $30k budget.

Last edited by MandoTL; 10-30-2014 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:18 AM
mrgold35

Originally Posted by MandoTL
I'm actually in the same position. I've been reading the threads and other forums on the 2010+ MDXs with torque and tranny issues even with the new programming at dealers. Thats really worrying me if I should consider an MDX. I dont have a family, I'm single, working and have always loved the 2G Xs and now that I am done with school. I really want an X.

Any advice? Should I wait for prices to go down as I plan to get into something newer in the next 4 months.

Is the Advance mdx worth all the goodies? I have read that the active suspension shocks tend to go out early. I really like the Advance model for the cooled seats, safety tech but could care less on active suspension.

I dont want to take away the OPs thread, but it seems the 2G mdx side of Azine has much smaller member base than the 3G TL. I just wanted to ask since I'm looking at 2010 to 2011 Mdxs that cost below $30k budget.
The MDX issues were not enough for me to look elsewhere when I needed additional space for hwy traveling with the family. I purchased my 11 MDX Adv/Ent in Jan/14 and already put +17,000 miles on her in 10 months. Perfect hwy driver; almost too much vehicle for straight city driving:
- I avg 14-16 mpgs with 100% city driving
- very wide, need to pick parking spots to avoid door dings
- rear visibility is limited with head rest and rear window shape, BSI helps
- long, have to take corners a little wider to avoid hitting the rims (done this twice)
- taller than my RDX, have to help my 74 yr old mom into the MDX

But the Pros are:
- I can get +22 mpgs at 80 mph, better than my RDX
- extremely smooth, quiet, and comfortable on the hwy
- more than enough space to ride in comfort, I can even ride in the back seat with ease ( 6'3" 250lbs)
- Best bang for the buck with tech, especially with the Adv model
- more than enough power to cruise at any speed

I haven't had any issues with the 6AT except Acura did a reflash and it resulted in improved mpgs. I also had to replace my front ADS shocks and endlinks under the basic warranty (about $3000 if I had to pay). I went ahead and got an extended warranty just in case since I will still drive the MDX +120,000 miles. The MDX fit me pretty well and other SUVs would be a trade off for other issues/problems instead of well documented fixable issues on this forum.

If you don't need the extra space, it is a vehicle for you or two, and it is just going to be a commuter/city vehicle; I would look at the ZDX also.
Acura_Dude (11-01-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 11:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrgold35
The MDX issues were not enough for me to look elsewhere when I needed additional space for hwy traveling with the family. I purchased my 11 MDX Adv/Ent in Jan/14 and already put +17,000 miles on her in 10 months. Perfect hwy driver; almost too much vehicle for straight city driving:
- I avg 14-16 mpgs with 100% city driving
- very wide, need to pick parking spots to avoid door dings
- rear visibility is limited with head rest and rear window shape, BSI helps
- long, have to take corners a little wider to avoid hitting the rims (done this twice)
- taller than my RDX, have to help my 74 yr old mom into the MDX

But the Pros are:
- I can get +22 mpgs at 80 mph, better than my RDX
- extremely smooth, quiet, and comfortable on the hwy
- more than enough space to ride in comfort, I can even ride in the back seat with ease ( 6'3" 250lbs)
- Best bang for the buck with tech, especially with the Adv model
- more than enough power to cruise at any speed

I haven't had any issues with the 6AT except Acura did a reflash and it resulted in improved mpgs. I also had to replace my front ADS shocks and endlinks under the basic warranty (about $3000 if I had to pay). I went ahead and got an extended warranty just in case since I will still drive the MDX +120,000 miles. The MDX fit me pretty well and other SUVs would be a trade off for other issues/problems instead of well documented fixable issues on this forum.

If you don't need the extra space, it is a vehicle for you or two, and it is just going to be a commuter/city vehicle; I would look at the ZDX also.
I didn't even think about the ZDX they are nice when equipped with Advance package. But I like the MDX for its mid-size and offers a 3rd row. I have test driven a base and tech models just to get me familiar in person of the size and features.

But the advance has all the tech features and safety that I like. There is one advance model 2012 that is out of my price range that is white/umber combo but with 18500 miles. It looks awesome from photos, but haven't seen in in person.

I am trying to find something with a orig. basic warranty but that seems to be hard here in SoCal.

QUESTION:
How much did you pay for your extended warranty, I take it its the Acura Care, right? Im doing my research on that as well in case I find one out of warranty but still under the 4yr/50k eligibility for an extended.

Not sure if the Extended Acura Care warranty covers the ADS shocks.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:11 PM
mrgold35

QUESTION:
How much did you pay for your extended warranty, I take it its the Acura Care, right? Im doing my research on that as well in case I find one out of warranty but still under the 4yr/50k eligibility for an extended.

Acura Care Warranty are 5yr/120,000 miles $0 deductible for $2390 (no sales tax since it is an internet purchase. You can call or email Tim Poliniak, Acura of Peoria, 1-866-347-8355.

There are other ranges for Acura Care (Tim can give you prices on lower coverage):
3 yr/100K - $0 deductible - ?
4 yr/100K - $0 deductible - ?
4 yr/120K - $0 deductible - ?
5 yr/120K - $0 deductible - $2390

I purchased my extended warranty a few weeks ago from Tim with 47,700 miles on the odo after I had a few standard warranty repairs that would of cost me +$3,000 if I was a 2,500 miles down the road (replaced front endlinks and front magnetic shocks). The magnetic shock are covered by the extended warranty. The shocks were my main area of concern since I'm planning on keeping the MDX for 4-5 years. I haven't heard of folks having problems with the other Adv tech like BSI, ACC, CBMS, auto adjust HIDs, or cooled seats. I still think the Adv model is a sweet ride with a lot tech for the $$$ (plus larger front/rear stabilizer bars, sport/comfort mode, magnetic shocks to aid in braking, 19" tires). I would of skipped the extended warranty if my MDX was a base/tech model.

Last edited by mrgold35; 10-30-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Acura Care Warranty are 5yr/120,000 miles $0 deductible for $2390 (no sales tax since it is an internet purchase. You can call or email Tim Poliniak, Acura of Peoria, 1-866-347-8355.

There are other ranges for Acura Care (Tim can give you prices on lower coverage):
3 yr/100K - $0 deductible - ?
4 yr/100K - $0 deductible - ?
4 yr/120K - $0 deductible - ?
5 yr/120K - $0 deductible - $2390

I purchased my extended warranty a few weeks ago from Tim with 47,700 miles on the odo after I had a few standard warranty repairs that would of cost me +$3,000 if I was a 2,500 miles down the road (replaced front endlinks and front magnetic shocks). The magnetic shock are covered by the extended warranty. The shocks were my main area of concern since I'm planning on keeping the MDX for 4-5 years. I haven't heard of folks having problems with the other Adv tech like BSI, ACC, CBMS, auto adjust HIDs, or cooled seats. I still think the Adv model is a sweet ride with a lot tech for the $$$ (plus larger front/rear stabilizer bars, sport/comfort mode, magnetic shocks to aid in braking, 19" tires). I would of skipped the extended warranty if my MDX was a base/tech model.
Can I purchase the warranty online for my state? I read a few other threads off MDXers forum and they listed like 3 online warranty providers for selling Acura Care. It was Curry Acura, Bernardi and Peoria, it was recommended to buy online rather than from local dealers to save on thousands.

I plan to keep the MDX forever or until it falls apart. I am not one to constantly upgrade cars, but since the MDX has been my dream suv since 2001 I knew I had to own one when the time was right.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:40 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
QUESTION:

You will be hard pressed to beat either of these dealers for the AcuraCare Extended Warranty:

Honda Care Vehicle Service Contract from Saccucci Honda
bernardicentral.com
Bernardi Service Contracts
Service: (800) 455-5905
bernardiservicecontracts.com

Both of these are brick and mortar dealers in MA and between myself and others here on AZ, they are by far the most price competitive. The only thing I have heard where things didn't work out is if you live in FL. Apparently there is something legislative in FL where extended service contracts for FL need to be sold by FL dealers.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:06 PM
mrgold35

Can I purchase the warranty online for my state? I read a few other threads off MDXers forum and they listed like 3 online warranty providers for selling Acura Care. It was Curry Acura, Bernardi and Peoria, it was recommended to buy online rather than from local dealers to save on thousands.

I plan to keep the MDX forever or until it falls apart. I am not one to constantly upgrade cars, but since the MDX has been my dream suv since 2001 I knew I had to own one when the time was right.
I live in NM and purchased my Acura Care from AZ Acura dealership. My local NM Acura dealership quoted me a price of $2690+sales tax for the same coverage (about $2880 total). The price was cheaper in AZ and there is no sales tax for on-line purchases.

$2880-$2390=$490 of savings

I just assumed the Acura care was good for Acura and Honda dealership; but, it only good for Acura dealership. Not a problem for me since my dealership is 10 miles from my house. Out of town might be a problems if something goes wrong since the closest dealership is 5 1/2hrs in CO or 8hr in AZ.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:17 PM

Yes you can but as mrgold points out it is only good at Acura dealers. Also as I pointed out in my post above, there have been Florida Acurazine members who have not been able to buy extended warranties on line or out of state. Again it is something legislative in FL, which I can only assume protects FL dealers.

And as an edit to my post above - Saccucci is actually a RI dealer and not in MA. I live near the RI/MA border and for whatever reason forgot they are in RI and not MA

Call or e-mail these dealers and get quotes - what's the harm?? It's just a couple mins of your time for potentially hundreds of $$ savings.
Let us know how you make out.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:55 PM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
I am an NJ resident and I purchased my 5yr 100K zero ded Acura Care for my 2010 MDX last Dec from Bob at Hyannis Honda. It was the best price around and better than Bernardi ( whom I had used to buy my Acura Care for my 2006RL 4 or 5 years ago ). I would call Bob to see what he can do for you. He worked at a Honda dealer but he sells real Acura Care ext warranties.

Bob Leab

Hyannis Honda

830 West Main St

Hyannis, MA 02601

(508)778-7878 Voice
Old 10-31-2014, 06:53 AM

Forgot about Bob. Others have done well with him as well, but he was never able to touch Bernardi's pricing when I was looking.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:56 AM
Burning Brakes

If you shop around your local credit unions you can probably get an extended warranty a lot cheaper, and that can be used anywhere, not just Acura dealerships. Personally when I bought our '10 MDX with 60K on the odo I got a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty thru my credit union for $900. Now I can take the bus to any mechanic, so if its simple issues the local mechanic can do it and I'm still covered. Obviously I'll still make the hike to the dealer if it was a trans issue or something major, but for *normal* breakages I have a lot of trusted shops around, and a Honda dealer. I like knowing I can get the work done locally without an hour drive to nearest Acura
Old 10-31-2014, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by 012TL-GLM
If you shop around your local credit unions you can probably get an extended warranty a lot cheaper, and that can be used anywhere, not just Acura dealerships. Personally when I bought our '10 MDX with 60K on the odo I got a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty thru my credit union for $900. Now I can take the bus to any mechanic, so if its simple issues the local mechanic can do it and I'm still covered. Obviously I'll still make the hike to the dealer if it was a trans issue or something major, but for *normal* breakages I have a lot of trusted shops around, and a Honda dealer. I like knowing I can get the work done locally without an hour drive to nearest Acura
Caveat here is what happens when the local shop says it's a $500 job and your warranty company says a reasonable and customary charge is $350 and that's all they are going to pay. Also is the local shop going going to look to you to pay and then you have to get reimbursed by you warranty company?
Personally if you are going to purchase an extended warranty, I would only go with AcuraCare.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:30 AM
Burning Brakes

I suppose that could happen, but its up to you to make sure the warranty you're getting is legit and doesn't behave that way. I know my credit union pays whatever the cost is. Never had an issue in over 20 years of car buying, but I'm sure there are A hole banks out there that would pull the crap you mentioned. Up to the buyer to know what they're buying
Old 10-31-2014, 09:46 AM

Agree as it is always on the buyer it do their due diligence.

So is it your particular bank that is paying the warrant claim or does your bank sell warranty programs administered by a third party?
Would you mind telling us who your bank/credit union is and is there info on the warranty you have. I'm just curious to find out more about this.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:26 AM
Burning Brakes

No problem, I'll find my info this weekend and let you know who handles the claims. I bank with the Illinois Community Credit Union
Old 11-03-2014, 04:13 PM

Curious if/what you might have come up with.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:47 PM
Instructor

Just an update:

I bought the 2011 CPO with 60K for 23.9K. It was the best deal i could find in my price range with the peace of mind of the extended powertrain warranty.

I passed on the CPO "wrap" warranty which would have covered everything for another 4yrs/40K miles. The dealer wanted $1600. I came close to getting it but I think I will take my chances. I got the base model so I dont have to worry about the tech or advance springs going bad.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:04 PM

Congrats and best of luck with your new X.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:17 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Old 11-26-2014, 12:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Congrats OP.

Take some pics and post them.

I am still on the hunt for my 'X'. I want to stay below 45k miles for a 2010 or 2011 model. Higher priced but most I've seen are CPO.

Question: If its CPO, could you still get an Acura Care extended warranty? I've decided to look for a Tech model since Advance ones are pretty scarce and I dont want to travel far to get one.
Acura_Dude (11-27-2014)
Old 11-27-2014, 02:12 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Congrats OP.

Take some pics and post them.

I am still on the hunt for my 'X'. I want to stay below 45k miles for a 2010 or 2011 model. Higher priced but most I've seen are CPO.

Question: If its CPO, could you still get an Acura Care extended warranty? I've decided to look for a Tech model since Advance ones are pretty scarce and I dont want to travel far to get one.
Here you go.

Acura | Certified Pre-Owned Benefits | Acura.com
nats007 (12-01-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 136 Posts
Not to thread jack, but I'm also looking into a 2011-2013 MDX Tech or Adv. I'm leaning more towards the 2012 (due to the pricepoint), but are there any major concerns or questions I should ask when purchasing one? I'm still looking up any potential recalls and the info on CPO MDXs

Last edited by nats007; 12-01-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:50 AM
mrgold35

Originally Posted by nats007
Not to thread jack, but I'm also looking into a 2011-2013 MDX Tech or Adv. I'm leaning more towards the 2012 (due to the pricepoint), but are there any major concerns or questions I should ask when purchasing one? I'm still looking up any potential recalls and the info on CPO MDXs
I think they introduced quartz interior on the +12 models on certain MDX colors. As far as I know, only the TSB for reflash the 6AT was the only thing I did for my 11 MDX (improved my mpgs a touch on hwy). The +12 MDXs might already have that TSB applied? If you are planning to get an extended warranty. I would only consider that if you are getting an Adv model only (magnetic ADS shocks mostly). As long as the vehicle is under the 4yr/50,000 miles, you can purchase the extended warranty if one is not on there already. The tech model is pretty solid and I would not consider an extended warranty. You also would not be limited with finding a tech model under the 4yr/50,000 mile since you won't need to purchase extended warranty (still have the 6/70,000 powertrain warranty).

There should be even more low mileage 2012 MDXs coming off lease starting in Jan/15. I think sales stayed pretty strong for the 2012/2013 models and there should be a lot hitting the road for the next 2 years. I would recommend getting the tech level and color combo you like first and price second.
The following 2 users liked this post by mrgold35:
Acura_Dude (12-03-2014), nats007 (12-01-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Vancouver Island BC

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 MDX my experience

2010 MDX with Nav and tech Have never used the DVD.

Very nice sound system.

Bought used with 13,000 miles, just over 21 000 KM

Maintenance cost so far

2011 $59 oil change
2012 $59 oil change plus #13 recycle tax on warranty tire replacement
2013 $59 oil change

2014 so far $ 0

Had a previous Acura EL 1997 to 2007 with 389 000 kms, 241 000 miles

only extra maintenance besides oil, brakes twice and rubber door seal.

For me Acura has meant dependability.

2010 MDX very comfortable vehicle used mostly for highway driving. Better gas mileage than my 2004 Accord v6

In the city, can be difficult to park in tight spaces especially underground parking. The back up camera is wonderful for helping to back out of tight spaces.

Really love this SUV. If I had a wish, blind spot monitor would be nice.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Burning Brakes

I think they introduced quartz interior on the +12 models on certain MDX colors. As far as I know, only the TSB for reflash the 6AT was the only thing I did for my 11 MDX (improved my mpgs a touch on hwy). The +12 MDXs might already have that TSB applied? If you are planning to get an extended warranty. I would only consider that if you are getting an Adv model only (magnetic ADS shocks mostly). As long as the vehicle is under the 4yr/50,000 miles, you can purchase the extended warranty if one is not on there already. The tech model is pretty solid and I would not consider an extended warranty. You also would not be limited with finding a tech model under the 4yr/50,000 mile since you won't need to purchase extended warranty (still have the 6/70,000 powertrain warranty).

There should be even more low mileage 2012 MDXs coming off lease starting in Jan/15. I think sales stayed pretty strong for the 2012/2013 models and there should be a lot hitting the road for the next 2 years. I would recommend getting the tech level and color combo you like first and price second.
Thank you, Sir! Definitely appreciated. The MDXs I'm looking at are CPO, so they are coming with 7yr/100,000 mile warranty from the dealer. I found a 2011 in CBP (color the Mrs wants), but a very nice 2012 in Grigio Metallic. You've solidified me looking at the Tech over the Adv
Old 12-01-2014, 11:16 AM
mrgold35

Originally Posted by nats007
Thank you, Sir! Definitely appreciated. The MDXs I'm looking at are CPO, so they are coming with 7yr/100,000 mile warranty from the dealer. I found a 2011 in CBP (color the Mrs wants), but a very nice 2012 in Grigio Metallic. You've solidified me looking at the Tech over the Adv
After re-reading my last post, it sounded like I recommended the tech model over the Adv model. I most cases, I do, except if you do a lot of travelling. I don't get much use from the extra Adv features around my home town doing commuter duties because I'm so familiar with the driving styles and road conditions. I use everyone of the Adv features (BSI, ACC, CMBS, ADS) once I leave the city limits driving out of town/state. If you like the Adv model, I would recommend it if you plan on doing a lot of hwy driving or driving in unfamiliar cities.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Somewhat off topic I don't think anyone can go wrong picking up a used MDX - over the holiday I did about 15 hours interstate travel over 4 days, I lost count of all the MDX's on the road between IL and IA - all model years were represented, and they all still looked pretty good. Its super easy to spot the latest generation, those headlights stand out from miles away, and I think they look great. Currently owning 2 Acuras I notice every model on the road, and during all my travels I was shocked that I didn't see one TL the entire trip. We only counted 2 RDX's. My daughter spotted one ILX (she loves them). Ironically we counted 4 much older RL's. I think I have the only TL in my town, and to date I've seen one TLX in a parking lot in Hoffmann Estates. Its clear to me the MDX is Acura's bread and butter - they can't afford to Eff it up
Old 12-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Burning Brakes

After re-reading my last post, it sounded like I recommended the tech model over the Adv model. I most cases, I do, except if you do a lot of travelling. I don't get much use from the extra Adv features around my home town doing commuter duties because I'm so familiar with the driving styles and road conditions. I use everyone of the Adv features (BSI, ACC, CMBS, ADS) once I leave the city limits driving out of town/state. If you like the Adv model, I would recommend it if you plan on doing a lot of hwy driving or driving in unfamiliar cities.
Appreciate the clarification Unfortunately, I have not found one Adv, so I think the Tech would be more than sufficient and a definite upgrade from her current 2000 TL.

We are also looking at Honda Pilots, but overall, I think she really wants the MDX. I'll keep you guys posted how it plays out.
Acura_Dude (12-03-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Purchasing a CPO 2011 CBP Acura MDX Tech

After several weeks of searching, we found a 2011 CBP MDX Tech with ebony interior and in process of purchasing. Mrs is also getting DVD system installed in the headrest for the kids.

Will keep you guys posted and get pics up soon...
Old 12-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Congrats!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Was looking at buying a 2010 MDX but.....