Key won't stay synced

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 04:06 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key won't stay synced

Hello Acura gurus! 2007 MDX with Tech package

Can someone help me out here? I've searched and been patient for the last few days. Here is what's going on...

Awhile back ago, my little 2 year old was playing with my keys, and I noticed when I turned my engine on, my clock was an hour behind no matter how many times I changed it to the correct time. Went on here and found the answer. hold down both lock and unlock button and the key will resync to your car. Done! It worked great!

Fast forward 6 months later and about a week ago, same boy, now 2 and a half took my keys and played with them again. He again, unsynced my keys to the car, so every time I turn on my engine, all my settings are not mine. I do the hold both unlock and lock at the same time, the key syncs to the vehicle and all works fine. But when I turn off the car and wait about 2 minutes, and turn the car back on, the key in not synced anymore.

My question is, Does anyone know why the key will not stay synced to the car once the engine is turned off? Or can someone point me to where I can find this answer? I've been searching and searching for awhile now, and thus I'm here asking the questions because I've ran out of ideas.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:13 PM
2nd Gear

So no one has ever experienced this before? I guess I'll have to pay the dealer an arm and leg to find out. I'll report back once I fine the information.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:10 AM
1st Gear

I'm having the same issue with my wife's key. I'm going to re-read the manual just to make sure I didn't screw something up when I programmed my key. If I come up with a working solution, I'll let you know.