Instrument Cluster Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 12:02 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Instrument Cluster Issues

Hi all.
I was having some lighting issues on my cluster (basically in the dark driving at night) so I replaced some bulbs and still no good. I found a cluster on ebay with similar mileage to my 2003 (108k) and installed. Good news - back lights worked but the fuel gauge was stuck below empty. I replaced my old cluster and the fuel gauge worked fine.
Anyone have a fix that can get the fuel gauge working on my "new" cluster? Is there a reset that can get this moving again? I see some references to resets on other models.
Anyone have a fix for the backlights on my old cluster? Again, it's not a bulb issue.
Thanks!
Old 10-23-2017, 07:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
FWIW: One option would be to google (instrument cluster repair) in my area. A professional shop should be able to provide an accurate estimate to repair both issues on your original cluster. I had the back-lights repaired in a friends 03 TLS for $27.00, and they still operate properly. Of course, the bulbs were replaced after I had removed the cluster. It would seem that if the fuel gauge operates properly, on the old cluster, the problem is most probably internal to the new cluster.