Guide for changing coolant on 2011 MDX

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 04:42 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guide for changing coolant on 2011 MDX

Hi Expert,

I want to change coolant for my 2011 MDX, anybody has the instruction for how to dripping old coolant, what types of coolant I need to buy, also do i need to put water inside coolant? your help will be appreciated.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The forum where you originally posted, the AcuraZine User Help, Support & Suggestions Area , is meant for problems, comments, and suggestions for the website itself, so I moved your thread to the car specific forum applicable to your vehicle.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:44 PM

Received 1,016 Likes on 867 Posts
The procedure is basically the same in all J Series engines, this is a universal DIY for it.

1.- You will need about 2-3 gallons of "Honda Genuine Anti Freeze Type 2" depends on vehicle.
2.- Put the Heat into max HOT while running and shut down the car.
3.- Remove the radiator cap and drain the antifreeze using the lower butterfly valve this will drain the radiator and most of the rubber lines in the engine.
4.- Behind the engine near the passenger CVD Shaft there is small brass fitting just left of the VTEC Solenoid near the engine oil filter, that is the drain plug for the Block (You will need to remove the Passenger wheel and a 6-7mm? socket to undo the block drain plug) this will drain the Heater Core and Entire engine block.
5.- Once the drain has fully bleed tighten the drain valve and replace the wheel.
6.- Pour the contents of the antifreeze into the radiator until it gets full, Now you can start the engine and start the burping process.
7.- Let the engine run until the fans kick in (around 5-7min idle) and keep filling the radiator as its removing the air.
8.- Once the radiator stops burping air bubbles close it and you are done.
9.- Replace the old Antifreeze in the Reservoir if possible.