Advanced Adaptive Suspension v. Tech Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 10:18 PM
cb4
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advanced Adaptive Suspension v. Tech Suspension

I am interested in all of the features that are offered on the Advanced packaged (minus the adaptive cruise). I am most interested in the adaptive suspension. Can anyone with experience driving both comment on the differences in suspension? I'm on the fence on whether to consider the Advanced package. Is the ride is substantially sportier? How is the ride? I plan on driving the Advanced tomorrow but any opinions I can get before or after would help.

I do apologize if this topic has been covered. I searched a little but got lazy and its time for bed.

Cheers!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:20 PM
cb4
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doh, just realized I posted this as a reply. I meant to start a new topic. Doh! Oh well no way to delete on this forum and don't want to create duplication so I will just leave it here.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Haven't had the Advance MDX for many miles yet. Do like the blind spot warning especially since it is inside to cabin rather than on the mirror. It's winter so I haven't had the need to use the vented seats. The adjustible suspension is fun, haven't had to test it yet.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by cb4
Doh, just realized I posted this as a reply. I meant to start a new topic. Doh! Oh well no way to delete on this forum and don't want to create duplication so I will just leave it here.
No problem, I created a new thread for you

Originally Posted by cb4
I am interested in all of the features that are offered on the Advanced packaged (minus the adaptive cruise). I am most interested in the adaptive suspension. Can anyone with experience driving both comment on the differences in suspension? I'm on the fence on whether to consider the Advanced package. Is the ride is substantially sportier? How is the ride? I plan on driving the Advanced tomorrow but any opinions I can get before or after would help.

I do apologize if this topic has been covered. I searched a little but got lazy and its time for bed.

Cheers!
As far as the difference with suspensions, the adaptive ride in my 07 vs. the standard suspension was noticeable, but not as much as I had hoped. With that said, if I had to make the decision again, I'd make the same choice! Something is much better than settling for nothing.

The new 2010+ models have a completely redesigned system that makes it more noticeable and much softer/sportier. Test drive it and try to go over some speedbumps. They will really highlight the difference between the two settings.