2nd gen coilovers update?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 04:40 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2nd gen coilovers update?

I saw someone talking about 05-10 odyssey coilovers by megan racing will work with 07-09 mdx. They put lowering springs from the odyssey on a 2nd gen sport mdx and they fit. Anyone know anyone or tried this?
Here's a link to what i'm talking about.
Adjustable Coilover Suspension for MDX - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Old 11-08-2017, 12:05 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
from what i have been researching H&R springs for the 07-10 Honda Odyssey will fit the MDX stock struts.

for coil overs, there is not bolt on product. You could use either Megan Racing coilovers or have a set custom built (fortune auto). To use the Megan coil overs, you will have to change the lower mounting point on the back pair to an EYELET from a t-bar. On the fronts, apparently the holes on the lower unit have a different dimension from the Odyssey, and you must drill additional holes, or weld up the existing hole on the top and drill a new one.

if i end up with an MDX the H&R springs are not going to provide enough drop. my plan is to contact megan directly and see what they can offer me. the eyelet swap should be simple. the front holes being in different places on the top one is going to take more work. if that fails, i plan to piece them together use fortune auto coilover parts directly as replacement parts.

i'll post up the pics i have saved as part as my research that shows the differences.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:40 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks BR racing also makes 05-10 Odyssey coil overs, so you could modify them like the megans. might be able to get BC to make some changes