2013 mdx led/cob high beam, fog, Drl light question

Old 03-13-2018, 01:33 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2013 mdx led/cob high beam, fog, Drl light question

What's going on guys, I finally got rid of my 3rd gen TL in favor of a 2013 mdx advance since my family got too big for the sedan. I ordered some led fog, Drl and high beam bulbs to upgrade from the yellow light to 5000k, I haven't installed the bulbs yet but I'm seeing mixed comments about having to order load resistor because of some errors, have anyone had any issues after upgrading their lights? I installed 5000k courtesy light bulbs for the front floor light and their a major upgrade from the stocks and I didn't have any issue but before I start swapping out any other bulbs I'd like any additional help you guys can offer to avoid a headache. If I don't need to order 3 sets of load resistors it would save the time and wasted money.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:26 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
I just did the HIDs to OSRAM D2S Cool Blue 5000K, LED interior light upgrade kit from Amazon, and 2 LED light strip for rear hatch area:

Amazon, OSRAM HIDS:
Amazon Amazon

Amazon, MDX LED upgrade kit:
Amazon Amazon

Amazon, LED light strip:
Amazon Amazon

The issues I've had was the LED door puddle lights didn't light up to full power. I think the upgraded LED lights were drawing too much power and each light I added had 1/2 the brightness of the previous one. I couldn't do the 2 LED dome light replacement because the +10 MDX already uses LED Dome lights. I used the extra dome LEDs for the license plate lights. I left the high beam, DRLs, and fogs alone since I'm 99.99% just using low beam HIDs when I drive. Switching to OSRAM was a huge step up compared to the OEM HIDs.

Don't waste your money on trying to upgrade the back-up lights to LED. The MDX back-up light openings are just too small, too high, and point upwards and don't illuminate the ground that well at night. Best to go with AUX light in the license plate, something that plugs into the tow wiring harness, or AUX lights tapped into the back-up light wires to improve rear visibility for the camera at night.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by vecterx
I haven't installed the bulbs yet but I'm seeing mixed comments about having to order load resistor because of some errors, have anyone had any issues after upgrading their lights? I installed 5000k courtesy light bulbs for the front floor light and their a major upgrade from the stocks and I didn't have any issue but before I start swapping out any other bulbs I'd like any additional help you guys can offer to avoid a headache. If I don't need to order 3 sets of load resistors it would save the time and wasted money.
Hi @vectrex
As for the LEDs and problems you can face when upgrading halogen bulbs to LEDs, there are some things to consider. First, the LED bulbs you install should be equipped with the CAN-bus module to operate without throwing that 'bulb out' error. Next, you should know, that LED bulbs feature lower resistance, than the regular halogen bulbs. To avoid any problems due to resistence difference, make sure the bulbs you are about to install feature a built-in load resitor. If the bulbs haven't got a resistor, you have an alternative of wiring in a resistor by yourself.
Here is the link to the load resistors we carry, and below is the link to the installation instruction, in case you need it.
LED load resistor installation instruction.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:32 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the help