2010 MDX - Spiders in Trunk Tail Light

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 04:57 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 MDX - Spiders in Trunk Tail Light

Hi guys,

Just picked up a 2010 MDX, not in the best of shape, but the price tag fits the bill. Here is what's creepy, there are dead spiders in the trunk inner tail lights, the red area. I tried getting to them by going thru the back up light socket hole, but it does not appear to be connected to the rest of the light. I am just not sure how to get to them spiders, they got in there somehow, but I just can't see from where. Before I go get some used spider free lights, just wanted to see if anyone here has any ideas on how to get them cleaned. I know I can remove the lights and open them up, but I would really preferred not to go down that route. Any help is appreciated!
Old 07-22-2017, 05:08 AM
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts
Cars can get 'infected' with all types of bugs. I've seen fleas, roaches, wasps, mice, mosquitoes, spiders, silverfish, bed bugs, ants and more. Sometimes the infestation is so bad that it becames necessary to tarp the entire vehicle and set off a few bug bombs to kill everything in the car. You just can't get to every nook & cranny with bug spray. Depending on the type of spider, they usually go where there is a food supply, so there might be other bugs involved. I would suggest you do a thorough search under carpets, and other places. Look carefully at the dead spiders to see what type they are which can give you a hint of why they were in your car.