AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1/2G MDX (2001-2013) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1-2g-mdx-2001-2013-166/)
-   -   2009 MDX Tech Package radio wiring diagram (https://acurazine.com/forums/1-2g-mdx-2001-2013-166/2009-mdx-tech-package-radio-wiring-diagram-917899/)

sirrjiggz 09-14-2014 04:38 PM

2009 MDX Tech Package radio wiring diagram

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I did a search and couldn't find anything. I'm looking for a radio wiring diagram for my 2009 MDX tech package. I want to install two amps and a sub. Thanks!

FactoryMDX 09-15-2014 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Get yourself a manual. automanualsource.com

Attachment 25056

Kyle Bernhardt 05-03-2019 03:06 PM

2009 MDX Audio Circuit

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the wiring diagram for base and navi trims. You'll need this to bypass or turn on the factory amplifier or make a harness that connects to the oem A and B connectors at the head unit for aftermarket radios, as there isn't a plug and play wiring harness specific to 2nd gen mdxs. I'm waiting on an OEM wired sub harness with both connectors and pinned wires to integrate with a Merta 70 1772 adapter and Pioneer head unit to turn on the amp and utilize the factory speakers and subwoofer without splicing wires. I've got the connector views and numbered pin functions as well which is what I used to translate the wire colors to the aftermarket harness.

The initial install using just the Merta harness resulted in no sound as it only connected to the factory primary wires found in connector A (input). This prompted me to obtain the service manual on ChiltonDIY.com (month subscription is $16). I had some spare wired jumper pins and stuck them directly into the corresponding factory A and B connector terminals and Merta harnes just to try and turn on the amp and speakers. This resulted in sound only in the front and rear door speakers and subwoofer (wired for 4 channel) with humming and static most likely due to the temporary 4 channel connections at the factory aduio unit connectors.

We'll see what happens with the custom harness and steering wheel control interface are used. Otherwise, I'm going to bypass then system altogether.

Raymundo Pena 06-22-2020 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kyle Bernhardt (Post 16421311)
Here's the wiring diagram for base and navi trims. You'll need this to bypass or turn on the factory amplifier or make a harness that connects to the oem A and B connectors at the head unit for aftermarket radios, as there isn't a plug and play wiring harness specific to 2nd gen mdxs. I'm waiting on an OEM wired sub harness with both connectors and pinned wires to integrate with a Merta 70 1772 adapter and Pioneer head unit to turn on the amp and utilize the factory speakers and subwoofer without splicing wires. I've got the connector views and numbered pin functions as well which is what I used to translate the wire colors to the aftermarket harness.

The initial install using just the Merta harness resulted in no sound as it only connected to the factory primary wires found in connector A (input). This prompted me to obtain the service manual on ChiltonDIY.com (month subscription is $16). I had some spare wired jumper pins and stuck them directly into the corresponding factory A and B connector terminals and Merta harnes just to try and turn on the amp and speakers. This resulted in sound only in the front and rear door speakers and subwoofer (wired for 4 channel) with humming and static most likely due to the temporary 4 channel connections at the factory aduio unit connectors.

We'll see what happens with the custom harness and steering wheel control interface are used. Otherwise, I'm going to bypass then system altogether.

By any chance did you get that custom harness? If so did it work it for you and where did you get it. Im working on my 09 mdx and changing my factory non navigation radio also want to change factory speakers and adding subwoofer. I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

uhMDuheX 08-07-2020 08:45 AM

Thanks for posting wiring diagram for 2nd gen. I'm guessing the 2012 audio/nav is identical.

My problem is Nav/GPS related not to post but I've been trying to fix this for over a year. Throwing things against the wall to see what sticks.

Trying to troubleshoot an intermittent nav problem (more off than on). GPS doesn't connect all the time. Seems to be power mgmt (happens with engine off for short time w/ or w/o AC power) or wire/connector (short) related (seems to function better and more often in colder temps). I personally believe it's the HD operating system and Nav/GPS software interface. Maps have been updated. Dealer diagnosed Antenna problem and replaced and updated antenna software. all fails.

Won't get in to details but if you have suggestions please message me.