2005 MDX HFL Unit

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 11:58 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 MDX HFL Unit

Hello, I just got a 2005 MDX (Touring) with NAVI and RES, and have discovered it has the infamous battery drain issue involving the HFL Unit. I have since disconnected the unit, and the battery drain issue is gone. However, I really enjoy having Bluetooth in my car, and would like to get it working again. What is the model number of a replacement HFL Unit, and what would be the best place to get one? Ideally, I would get an aftermarket radio, but as far as I know that is impossible with this car because of the AC/Heater being wired through the factory radio.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:47 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the 2005 acura mdx touring with nav+res and all the buttons on the steering wheel work except the hfl it does however work sometimes when it wants to. I had a phone connected to it then 2 days later it said i had no phones paired then it did not work at all i want to replace the module but everwhere i search for the location of the module i get results for the tl or the tx or 2007 and up but can not seem to find any information as to how to fix or find the module on the 2005 mdx touring