2001 MDX Transmission not working in D5

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 06:50 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink 2001 MDX Transmission not working in D5

I bought a 2001 MDX on a whim and this is what I have. I have a transmission issue that beats me and any help is appreciated. I have never owned an Acura and therefore not aware of the history of transmission problems on a 2001-2 MDX...but, whatdayouknow I am in the present now ;-)
  • When I start off, I can in D5. There are no issues there.
  • I can drive consistently with my foot on the gas, and it will go, no issues, on D5.
  • When I take slow down, or get to a stop sign, D5 disengages(or whatever is happening). Basically, I put the pedal down and engine revs, vehicle will not move.
  • The only way I can get on, is change gears to 1, not even 2. Gear 1 sets it going, and when it's sped up, I can shift to D5. The cycle continues.
Any advise? I can do basic maintenance and stuff, but change transmission assembly is beyond me. Any help I can get this solved? or reduce impact while driving on the road?!
Old 06-18-2017, 10:14 PM
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 59 Posts
Check your Trans fluid level to make sure its proper. Also check your solenoid screens for clogging.

But I am afraid to say that this issue almost always means you have to rebuild the transmission or get another unit and install.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:31 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have bought the ATX fluid and that is next on my to-do..
but thanks for your advise, I did not think about the solenoid..it just went on my list.:-)