2001 mdx with pull when decelerating , hard pull in reverse accel

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 02:29 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 mdx with pull when decelerating , hard pull in reverse accel

Hey new to the forum, just bought a 2001 mdx with 162000 miles, really good condition for the age.

i have a slight pull to the right when decelerating, drives straight when accelerating but when i let off it is an immediate but slight pull..almost a twist/slide feeling to the right. also, when i accelerate hard in reverse it pulls hard to the left, steering wheel turns fast.

So far these things have been replaced on the front with no effect, nothing done to the rear yet

new lower control arms
new inner and outer tie rod ends
new struts
new sway bar links
new tires...flipped sides to insure it wasn't radial pull

new front engine mount...this did not have a vacuum line hooked up and still doesn't..not sure it that could be the whole issue??

the alignment was done after these were replaced, toe was not completely zeroed out, right rear camber was the only thing in red at -1.8

any input is appreciated, i can't stop until i figure this out
Attached Thumbnails 2001 mdx with pull when decelerating , hard pull in reverse accel-p_20170805_141507_vhdr_on.jpg  
Old 08-05-2017, 02:38 PM

Received 1,016 Likes on 867 Posts
Seems that there is drag in the system when coasting...

Have you check bearing conditions? Accelerating can overcome the friction made by a bad bearing because the launch happens in AWD until a certain speed where VTM4 lets go. But when you coast the car is 100% FWD so any drag will cause a deviation of track.

Sticking caliper can also be at fault.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:04 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am trying to figure out where the vacuum hose starts from, i can't seem to find anything. i have looked at what diagrams i can find. any one have a pic of the vaccum hose that goes to front engine mount starting point? when i changed out mount there was no hose connected