What's a good price for a 2012 w/ Tech and Ent?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
What's a good price for a 2012 w/ Tech and Ent?

Title says it all. In the market to upgrade to the MDX. I'm hearing people getting a new MDX with Tech for $39K? Right now, I'm at $42K for tech and ent, so if that's the case, I need to keep looking.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:21 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
invoice is 458XX (incl destination), truecar.com for my area is 457XX.

42K is a pretty darn good price for tech and entertainment pkg.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:24 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Save your penies and don't get entertainment, get two iPads. I got mine at 40.5+tech no ent.
I thought I did wetltl tand a couple of weeks later I've heard of someone getting the 39s...I felt bad for a second, but then realized i did well myself, so what does it matter if someone did a bit better, I still did well.
If you find a good price, go for it, it's agreat car
Old 07-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
I just went away with kids on a 250 mile trip in my Advance/Ent and thought that those of you looking into an MDX may like to hear my observations.
Lots of freeway in the car pool lane and the ACC was perfect for following the cars in front. No turning the cruise on and off as it adjusted speed to the cars as they bunched and then went up to cruising speed.
It was hot so the A/C was on auto but the butt needed additional care so selected minimum on the cooled seats and thought it was perfect.
Kids wanted a movie so I pressed the rear enable and gave the kids the removable remote and wireless headphones each and they were happy for a couple of hours while we listened to my favorite selection from the HDD audio system.
By the time we had reached the base of the mountain range we headed into the twisty road up to 7000 feet. This required the selection of "Sport" for the suspension to enable the more secure handling that was required.
We reached the destination town and a dog ran out in front of the car in front of me and he emergency stopped to miss the dog. CMBS decided it was time for action and quickly tightened the seat belts and braked like it should.

Needless to say, I think that the MDX is a good car but if you get the features that the MDX deserves then it becomes a great car and you will not be dissapointed.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by db22
I just went away with kids on a 250 mile trip in my Advance/Ent and thought that those of you looking into an MDX may like to hear my observations.
Lots of freeway in the car pool lane and the ACC was perfect for following the cars in front. No turning the cruise on and off as it adjusted speed to the cars as they bunched and then went up to cruising speed.
It was hot so the A/C was on auto but the butt needed additional care so selected minimum on the cooled seats and thought it was perfect.
Kids wanted a movie so I pressed the rear enable and gave the kids the removable remote and wireless headphones each and they were happy for a couple of hours while we listened to my favorite selection from the HDD audio system.
By the time we had reached the base of the mountain range we headed into the twisty road up to 7000 feet. This required the selection of "Sport" for the suspension to enable the more secure handling that was required.
We reached the destination town and a dog ran out in front of the car in front of me and he emergency stopped to miss the dog. CMBS decided it was time for action and quickly tightened the seat belts and braked like it should.

Needless to say, I think that the MDX is a good car but if you get the features that the MDX deserves then it becomes a great car and you will not be dissapointed.

Nice information and write up thanks. What year is your MDX and how much did you pay for the Advance and Enter with tax and destination....that's what I would like to get.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by marjenmiller
Nice information and write up thanks. What year is your MDX and how much did you pay for the Advance and Enter with tax and destination....that's what I would like to get.
It's a 2010, had it from new. 20 K miles and love it, I think that it is more comfortable than my RL and has more features. Sorry I don't remember the numbers because of trade in values etc.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Originally Posted by db22

Appreciate the perspective.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:55 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought a CPO 2011 MDX with Tech/Ent. It only had 11,000 miles on it so it was pretty much brand new in my opinion for the most part. I paid $37,995 for it. I traded in my 2007 TL Type S which I had a lot of issues with.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Old 07-15-2012, 07:15 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
do you absolutely have to have brand new? a slightly used MDX with the same pkg can be had at the price point you seek (and it's CPO!).