AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1/2G MDX (2001-2013) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1-2g-mdx-2001-2013-166/)
-   -   So long fellow MDXers! (https://acurazine.com/forums/1-2g-mdx-2001-2013-166/so-long-fellow-mdxers-839893/)

Rexorg 11-27-2011 06:21 AM

So long fellow MDXers!

Good news and bad news: The good news is that I am a proud owner of a '11 ZDX Advance as of yesterday; the bad news is I will be going over to the ZDX side of Acurazine. I will really miss this bunch of knowledgeable MDX owners. Thanks for all your help these past 17 months. I apologize again if I stepped on some toes and/or came off the wrong way in some of my comments. I am what I am, for better or worse. See ya!

P.S. I was told by my salesperson buddy the 3rd Gen MDX will be coming out in mid-2013 at the earliest as a '13 1/2 model, as all production will be in Alabama, as it's been assumed, once the move is made. Also, the next Gen '13 or '14 RL will be a special order/purpose built vehicle with a non-refundable advanced order deposit required. The new full size RL (think BMW 7 Series) will be the flagship again and will be very expensive, compared to the ZDX even. However, it will have all the current technological advances that the so-called upper level luxury vehicles have now, and some new ones he couldn't talk about.

Gen4MDX 11-27-2011 10:15 AM

I for one am a fan of the ZDX, But the MDX fit my needs better. As they share a lot in common, motor, transmission, SH-awd you can and should participate in the ZDX and MDX boards as well as MDXer's.org.

Congrats on the new ride!

TLtrigirl 11-27-2011 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by tsturbo (Post 13386620)
I for one am a fan of the ZDX, But the MDX fit my needs better. As they share a lot in common, motor, transmission, SH-awd you can and should participate in the ZDX and MDX boards as well as MDXer's.org.

Congrats on the new ride!

the ZDX is essentially an MDX with a hatchback skin.

OP-even though the ZDX is not quite my style...enjoy the new ride and happy to hear you're still in the acura fam! come back and visit!

NBP04TL4ME 11-27-2011 02:44 PM

Best of luck with the new ride and am glad you kept it in the family.:thumbsup:
It will be interesting to see if ZDX / Crosstour stay in the lineup long term - I don't get the general impression they have been selling all that well. Admittedly I don't see the Corp guys pulling the plug anytime soon as they haven't been out all that long.

007Acura 11-27-2011 04:27 PM

Congrats!! I always enjoy looking at the ZDX when I see it on the road.

EL_PIC 11-27-2011 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by 007Acura (Post 13387102)
Congrats!! I always enjoy looking at the ZDX when I see it on the road.

Ditto !
Shame you don't see them often.
Will ZDX still be made in Canada ?
Watch the toes ...

ctoro99 11-27-2011 06:38 PM

Excellent choice, I simply love the car...would have gone that route if I didn't need to seat 6 total. Good luck!

Rexorg 11-28-2011 06:45 AM

Thanks all. So far the ZDX Advance is everything I expected and more, but the rear seat is a bitch to get in and out of, and not as roomy as the MDX. Oh well, I won't be setting back there anytime soon.

I got a deal I couldn't refuse. Original sticker with dealer options (all-weather mats, cargo mat, wheel locks, and something called Luxecare) was $58,104. The ZDX was titled in April as a lease (only 3,400 on the odo after 6 months) according to the Carfax. I got it for $47,990.