Nav system resetting followed by shifting issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016 | 05:09 PM
3rd Gear

Nav system resetting followed by shifting issues

We are having an issue with my wife's Acura 2007 MDX. It is having random nav reset followed by non-acceleration until rpms reach over 3000. This has happened multiple times recently. Navigation/radio system resets. Soon followed by problem of non-acceleration. Ex: following reset, stop at traffic light, stop sign, etc. Light turns green. Car feels as though it is stuck in 1st gear. Will not accelerate over 1000 rpms. Extremely slow movement thru intersection then car slams into gear and rpms top 3000. After rough shift car performance is mostly normal, sometimes hard shifting. Next red light repeat performance. If put into park and then back to drive transmission seems to "reset" and may or may not repeat above action. If car is turned off and left to sit for a short time it usually does not repeat but for how long is anyone's guess. Lately nav reset happens so often I lose count, I just wait for the car to shift into what feels like first gear. Does anyone have any advice
Old 08-24-2016 | 05:40 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Anthony Downing
We are having an issue with my wife's Acura 2007 MDX. It is having random nav reset followed by non-acceleration until rpms reach over 3000. This has happened multiple times recently. Navigation/radio system resets. Soon followed by problem of non-acceleration. Ex: following reset, stop at traffic light, stop sign, etc. Light turns green. Car feels as though it is stuck in 1st gear. Will not accelerate over 1000 rpms. Extremely slow movement thru intersection then car slams into gear and rpms top 3000. After rough shift car performance is mostly normal, sometimes hard shifting. Next red light repeat performance. If put into park and then back to drive transmission seems to "reset" and may or may not repeat above action. If car is turned off and left to sit for a short time it usually does not repeat but for how long is anyone's guess. Lately nav reset happens so often I lose count, I just wait for the car to shift into what feels like first gear. Does anyone have any advice

I wish I had some advice but unfortunately I have the same issue- 07 MDX Sport W/ just over 107k mi
I've taken it to the dealership and another shop, they can't find anything wrong with it and can't duplicate the issue. It happens randomly and sometimes involves the navi turning off/on repeatedly, the radio turning off/on or the a/c blowing more quietly for a second before the car basically kicks itself into neutral or 1st gear and won't shift w/o me manually putting it into park and then back into drive. It's scary because a couple times it's almost caused an accident. Once it happened as I was turning in front of oncoming traffic and I could NOT accelerate beyond 1st. A couple times I was stopped at a light, began to go so the car behind me started to go and then I had to stop causing them to almost rear-end me. It's scary, unpredictable and I don't feel safe driving it. Sad because I'm a lifetime Acura/ Honda owner and this was my dream car.
Old 08-24-2016 | 05:47 PM
3rd Gear

The Nav System Finally caught the code to this issue

Vehicle Stability Assist:61 is the Issue. I had my mechanic clean the G-2, T-2, and G-303 cable and check the ground wires. they were pretty corroded. I haven't had the problem since. Might want to check these.
Old 08-24-2016 | 06:35 PM
2nd Gear

Vehicle Stability Assist:61 is the Issue. I had my mechanic clean the G-2, T-2, and G-303 cable and check the ground wires. they were pretty corroded. I haven't had the problem since. Might want to check these.
Was that a code that came up? Sometimes my VSA light turns on randomly and immediately turns off but I never get any codes when it's checked. I'll have my mechanic do the same and see if it helps. Thank you!
Old 08-25-2016 | 08:43 AM
3rd Gear

The Nav System Finally caught the code to this issue

Yes this is the message that appeared on the NAV screen right after it happened. It never threw a check engine light.After researching this code it is an issue with 2007 Acura MDX's. Apparently Acura decided to save money and only made 1 ground cable to the Battery., They fixed this in the later versions from what I read.
Old 09-13-2016 | 08:27 PM
2nd Gear

can you tell me where those cables are?
I have exactly same problem. 2008 MDX tech. 96k mi.
thanks!
Old 09-13-2016 | 09:21 PM

Main battery ground is almost always the issue.. Since there is only 1 ground to the battery its important that is working flawlessly, Luckily its not expensive and its easy to replace DIY.
Old 09-14-2016 | 11:07 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Skirmich
Main battery ground is almost always the issue.. Since there is only 1 ground to the battery its important that is working flawlessly, Luckily its not expensive and its easy to replace DIY.
Thanks for response!
I was wondering about "G-2, T-2, and G-303 cable".
I've no clue what it is...