MDX Rear Camber Adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 09:03 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MDX Rear Camber Adjustments

I have a 2007 MDX Tech Package with the ADS suspension. Is there any way to adjust the rear camber? I'm way out with too much negative camber and very reputable alignment shop says there is no adjustment.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Vegas Bum

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
On my 2002 MDX/2006 TL there is no adjustment for camber at the front and back, you can buy an aftermarket camber kit if you want but before you do ask the guy for the specs to see how much it is out...off the top of my head, I am not sure what the tolerances are but if it were me I would want it to be somewhere between 0 and -2.0 degrees.

p.s. if your suspension is made for acura then you should be within specs, in which case you need to start looking for damaged components.

Last edited by JBONN; 05-05-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No factory adjustment from what I know. I agree that if everything is factory, you should be within factory specs. If not, check for worn parts. i.e. bushings, shocks, springs, etc. Also, if it is isolated to one wheel, that could indicate a bent suspension component.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:36 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

This is my daughter's car and it was towed when she was away at school. I'm guessing the tow truck driver somehow tweaked the upper links. Since the car has ADS, theres no aftermarket, adjustable upper link available.

Reason is, there's a tab welded to the upper link where a ride-height, body-roll (not exactly sure) sensor is mounted, no doubt related to the ADS system. I bought adjustable links, had a local alignment shop mount the links and when properly aligned, welded the tab to the adjustment sleeve. Problem fixed.

If in the future the alignment gets out of spec, simply cut off tab, re-align and weld tab back in.

Bottom line is an adjustable upper link will work with an ADS equipped MDX, but requires an hour or so of easy modification.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by I'mAllIn
This is my daughter's car and it was towed when she was away at school. I'm guessing the tow truck driver somehow tweaked the upper links. Since the car has ADS, theres no aftermarket, adjustable upper link available.

Reason is, there's a tab welded to the upper link where a ride-height, body-roll (not exactly sure) sensor is mounted, no doubt related to the ADS system. I bought adjustable links, had a local alignment shop mount the links and when properly aligned, welded the tab to the adjustment sleeve. Problem fixed.

If in the future the alignment gets out of spec, simply cut off tab, re-align and weld tab back in.

Bottom line is an adjustable upper link will work with an ADS equipped MDX, but requires an hour or so of easy modification.
Good work getting it fixed! Most folks would have given up.