Locked out

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 07:53 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Locked out

Hey guys, went out to open door on my 09 MDX Tech, I can hear the door locks slightly click but wont unlock door. Don't think it's the FOB but changed the battery in it and no difference. I'm guessing somehow the battery is very very low in the MDX. Now here's the kicker, the key on the FOB and the extra key (with no FOB) will insert into the keyhole on the driver's door but will not turn ...... I can't believe that the keyhole is electronic, can it? And yes, keys have worked before. Am I going crazy here? Sorry, in a rush to "search" for this. I'm going to keep trying. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:32 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Word of advice: Use the key to unlock the door every now and then before the manual locking mechanism seizes up. Lucky for me, a little WD-40 loosened it up. Sorry for the panic above, had to be somewhere important. Also, daughter left interior dome lights on overnight, was the cause of the battery drain.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:01 AM
Drifting

Received 481 Likes on 422 Posts
Your lock cylinder tumblers were frozen not the latch mechanism because you was able to unlock the car remotely when the car had power.