Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless Entry

I have a 05 MDX touring and it doesn't have a factory keyless FOB and was wondering how I know if I can get one to program for the MDX. When I purchased the car it had an aftermarket one and i eventually took it off because I was running into problems with it and now I do not have keyless entry. Well, instead of getting one installed, I was wondering if there is any way to tell if I can get a factory one programmed or do all the MDX's come with factory keyless entry
Old 11-03-2013, 07:47 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
3G MDX is the first MDX with factory keyless entry. still need the key fob to unlock doors in 2G MDX.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
3G MDX is the first MDX with factory keyless entry. still need the key fob to unlock doors in 2G MDX.
Factory keyless entry to me means a key FOB which locks and unlocks the doors with the push of a button. No need to use a key for those functions.

The 2005 MDX does indeed have factory keyless entry using the FOB as seen by these used FOBs for sale.

Keyless Entry Remote Fob Clicker for 2005 Acura MDX - Memory #1 With Do-It-Yourself Programming : Amazon.com : Automotive Keyless Entry Remote Fob Clicker for 2005 Acura MDX - Memory #1 With Do-It-Yourself Programming : Amazon.com : Automotive

Perhaps I don't quit understand the answer, or was keyless ENTRY confused with keyless START?
Old 11-27-2013, 01:28 PM
2nd Gear

I have an 02 MDX Touring that I bought about 2 months ago and it only came with one Master Key and one Key FOB...

I did my research and found used and brand new Acura Key fobs on ebay for less than $50... Depending on who you buy from, they will provide programming instructions for the key fob, which is real quick & easy to do... the trick is to keep an accurate count of the steps...

I also purchased a Master key with transponder chip from my local Acura dealer for less than $60 (automotive locksmiths were actually more than my local dealer)

so now I have another full set of OEM Acura key/fob that works 100% for less than $100
Old 11-27-2013, 01:42 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by ls973800
Factory keyless entry to me means a key FOB which locks and unlocks the doors with the push of a button. No need to use a key for those functions.

The 2005 MDX does indeed have factory keyless entry using the FOB as seen by these used FOBs for sale.

Keyless Entry Remote Fob Clicker for 2005 Acura MDX - Memory #1 With Do-It-Yourself Programming : Amazon.com : Automotive

Perhaps I don't quit understand the answer, or was keyless ENTRY confused with keyless START?
i believe many people confuse keyless entry with the more advanced systems where it is a proximity based keyless entry (without use of FOB buttons) vs what most of us understand keyless entry to be which is use of key FOB remote to unlock door without use of the mechanical key.

(wikipedia....differentiates the types wuite nicely). i agree with your understanding of "keyless entry". i'm not sure if OP was looking for the original factory based system or more advanced like newer luxury cars where all you need is the key FOB and be within spitting distance of the car as it opens automatically without touching buttons (ie smart keys).
Old 01-01-2014, 04:53 PM
2nd Gear

If my keyless (door unlocking/locking functions) don't work on one key fob can I use the same switch blade actual key with a new key fob and just reprogram it?