Erasing the hard drive in a 2012 MDX

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017 | 01:33 AM
1st Gear

Erasing the hard drive in a 2012 MDX

Howdy- I purchased a 2012 MDX from a dealer and I'd like to erase the HDD and add my own stuff- I cannot find anything on how to do that. Any help appreciated.
Old 11-30-2017 | 07:36 AM
mrgold35

From page 271 of my 11 MDX tech manual pdf:
************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************
Clearing the HDD
Any music, data, calendar entries, etc. that have been stored on the HDD can be deleted.

1. Press the INFO button, rotate the interface dial to select Set up, and press ENTER on the interface selector.

2. Move the interface selector to the right to navigate to the Set up (Other) tab.

3. On the Set up (Other) search, rotate the interface dial to select Clear Personal Data, and press ENTER on the interface selector.

4. Select the item you wish to delete.

5. A second confirmation will appear. Select Yes to delete, or No to cancel.

NOTE: If you select Music on HDD, the system will automatically restart after deletion.
************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************

The system doesn't always read the CD data and populate the song titles or album name at times. You have to either enter in the data manually for each entry or try using Gracenote to help populate the CD data. I loaded Gracenote and haven't had any luck with it working with the few CDs I have loaded on the HDD. I find it just as easy and it sound just as good to use the USB connection located in the armrest. The only bad thing about the using USB stick is the MDX file structure sorts all albums by folder creation date first instead of alphabetical order. You can have a single artist with +5 albums scattered up/down the USB stick depending on when the folder containing the music was made. I don't connect my iPhone to the the USB connection in the armrest for music because it is already connected using bluetooth.

Last edited by mrgold35; 11-30-2017 at 07:39 AM.