Acura Navigation Update - Splash Screen

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 09:53 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Navigation Update - Splash Screen

Hey guys, I have a question about the Acura Navigation system.

I own both an '07 MDX and a '12 TL. I've been really wanting to update the MDX and I found a Honda Nav DVD update that is the same color/version of the MDX's official disc for that year.

However, the only reason I have not pulled the trigger on it is because I could have sworn that a few months ago, I read that if you use the Honda disc, it updates your splash screen to that of a Honda.

Unfortunately I cannot find that link anywhere despite my efforts searching for it.

Surely someone here has used the Honda Nav update on an Acura. Does it update the splash screen?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 136 Posts
I have not done this, but my assumption would be that if you use a Honda Nav DVD, then the probability of the splash screen getting updated to a Honda one is high. I understand how this can be seen as a problem, but overall, the splash screen shows for a couple of seconds and goes away.

I'd think the more important requirement would be the updated maps. Acura is made by Honda, so I'd think it would be OK for the splash screen to say honda, but if you really need the Acura splash, I'm sure there is a way to get it back after you update (see link below):

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-b...emoval-604912/
Old 02-06-2015, 07:13 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Faluzure
Hey guys, I have a question about the Acura Navigation system.

I own both an '07 MDX and a '12 TL. I've been really wanting to update the MDX and I found a Honda Nav DVD update that is the same color/version of the MDX's official disc for that year.

However, the only reason I have not pulled the trigger on it is because I could have sworn that a few months ago, I read that if you use the Honda disc, it updates your splash screen to that of a Honda.

Unfortunately I cannot find that link anywhere despite my efforts searching for it.

Surely someone here has used the Honda Nav update on an Acura. Does it update the splash screen?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if you have searched the forum, but you cannot use Honda DVD or even a used Acura DVD for map updates with your Acura. The new green DVD has unique serial number that you have to enter and it will be one time use.

PS: I have 2010 Tech package with HD

Last edited by mdxken; 02-06-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:02 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,546 Likes on 1,201 Posts
I've heard you can use the Honda or Acura disk to update your Navi. I am too much of a chicken to give it a try. Since my TSX and RDX uses the same disks and I never had a problem finding a used disk on eBay, I never had a need to switch to a Honda disk.

I think the 07-09 MDX still uses the DVD player and white update DVD. You can still do the used eBay purchase if you wanted last year's map at a cheaper price. I'm not sure when they started using HD for the TL's; but, I think that might require your VIN to do a unique serial number for the navi DVD update (purple disk for TLs with HD).

Same white disk serial numbers for Honda Odessey and 07 MDX:
Link: Odyssey - 2010 - 2015 White DVD Map Update v4.D0 -

Link: MDX - 2007 White DVD Map Update v4.D0

Link: TL - 2012 - 2015 Purple DVD Map Update v3.10.10.D0 -