2008 MDX LED Upgrade semi-successful...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 02:40 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 MDX LED Upgrade semi-successful...

Hello everyone. New to this forum. Seeking a little help in trying to figure out this issue. I successfully upgraded all my lighting to LED in my 2008 MDX, however, while working with the passenger side rear "under the door light" I accidentally shorted the power to ground and now that light socket is dead....no 12 volts. I checked fuses under the hood, the one box I was able to find under the dash on the drivers side of the vehicle and the rear fuse box. No blown fuses. Literally everything else works fine on the vehicle. The RR door light is the only thing not working. Can anybody shed some light on this issue as to where I might find the cause? I was told that there may be some kind of control board in that door that got damaged but I honestly don't believe that Acura would design something that would take out a control board like this without the 12 volt door light line having some kind of independent protection before blowing out the board. Is there possibly another underdash fusebox somewhere I don't know about??? Would also like to know the official name of that "under the door light". Thank you to everyone in advance who can contribute to solving this issue. I also have tried searching this issue but have not found any threads with this exact problem that stated a fix.
Thanks,
Ray
Old 03-15-2016, 04:56 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would double check the fuses again. I did the same thing in a BMW once upgrading it to LED. Some fuses blow weird, and can be hard to see unless you take them out. The one I blew looked fine at first glance, but it had a tiny hairline separation at the very bottom of the S-Shaped part that normally blows. If you don't want to take them out in fear of resetting something, you can check them for continuity with a multimeter across the top of each fuse.

Last edited by wilsel; 03-15-2016 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:57 AM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts
I skipped my rear doors' under lighting, because some threads say that more work is required, than just swapping the bulb.
I don't remember the steps, but I think that something needs to be done with the connector.