2006 NAV not displaying OAT

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 07:48 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 NAV not displaying OAT

Hey friends. I recently purchased a 2006 MDX Touring to replace my wife's 2002 Xer with 188k miles. I love this model with Nav and RES. Ours is black and looks really sharp.

Anyway, when I first got the car I was messing around with the Nav and I swear it displayed the Outside Air Temp along with the 5-bars that show the fan speed. Subsequent to that first couple days of messing around, the battery died a couple of times before I replaced it. Since then, the OAT and Fan Speed displays have been apparently blacked out. I say 'apparently' because today when I finally got around to pairing our phones to the car, I was in just the right light and saw that the info is there but ever so dim. So dim, in fact, that i had not noticed it was even there till today when I had that correct lighting.

I did some looking in the owner's manual and did find that the info I'm looking for can sometimes be blacked out if you don't select the 'OK' button when the Nav screen starts up. I know I have done that since then so that is not the issue. I even looked for some other MDX or Acura forums and didn't have any luck.

Now, my only other thought would be to try to disconnect the batter again but I'm not sure I want to do that. I suppose it wouldn't be that big of a deal. The Nav maintains the address books and stuff in its memory. The radio keeps the presets. The only think I think I would have to key in is the security codes for the radio and Nav (which I have).

Anyone have any other suggestions or thoughts as to how I can get the OAT to display again? My wife (and therefore I) would be forever grateful.