Edmonton Acuraziner's

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by dctls08
I checked around and yea seems like Costco is my best bet. Do you need a Costco card in order to get tires done there?

I got a quote from West Side Acura that wasn't too far off from the quote I got from Costco either.
ya you need a costco card, but if you have friends/family with one, you can use theirs. Theres also a $70 rebate right now if you buy a set of 4 Michelin tires.
Not sure about Acura, but Costco will fix your flats for free but than again, any kaltire will as well, even if you never bought your tires there.

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
Costco's prices for tires are really good. As well, they are really cheap (comparatively) for summer/winter changeovers, however they'll only do that service for you if at least one set was bought through them. However, they do it on a first come, first served basis, which means dropping in there shortly after 6 am once things get busy (such as the first week of snow).

My wife just replaced her Ford Expedition with a Pilot, and it came with winter tires that, I understand, were bought at Costco, but unless I get the seller to come in with me (which I'm not about to do), I have to get the changeover done elsewhere. I've got a place that will do it for $28.50 a tire (not on rims)...anyone got something better?

Try Ed the kijiji guy, He's very reputable on 780tuners and dose a good job.
I used him last winter, charged me $60 for 4 17in. Fairly quick job as well.
I'm not sure if he posts his ads on kijiji anymore but PM me if you want his number. I never found his ad, but got his number from a friend.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:45 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by you8myrice
ya you need a costco card, but if you have friends/family with one, you can use theirs. Theres also a $70 rebate right now if you buy a set of 4 Michelin tires.
Not sure about Acura, but Costco will fix your flats for free but than again, any kaltire will as well, even if you never bought your tires there.

Try Ed the kijiji guy, He's very reputable on 780tuners and dose a good job.
I used him last winter, charged me $60 for 4 17in. Fairly quick job as well.
I'm not sure if he posts his ads on kijiji anymore but PM me if you want his number. I never found his ad, but got his number from a friend.
Nice, so if I use a family member's card they would have to be with me when I go right? Also, would they do changeovers for free if I got the tires there? If not that Ed guy you mentioned sounds like someone good to go to for change overs, could you give us his number here?
Old 10-31-2014, 12:38 AM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
I was just at Ed's the other day. Same old same old. He doesn't do trucks btw, not sure if that includes SUV's too. Dependent on tire size I suppose. Don't be late for appointments. If you are, he'll flag you and block you. You can easily find his number by googling "780tuners ed the kijiji guy". He hasn't had an ad up in ages but keeps getting his name spread by customers and referrals.

When purchasing tires from costco, they automatically incorporate a $15/tire installation fee into the cost. You can refuse to have it installed at costco and ask for a reimbursement of the fee as per policy. I'm in the process of doing that now.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
I was just at Ed's the other day. Same old same old. He doesn't do trucks btw, not sure if that includes SUV's too. Dependent on tire size I suppose. Don't be late for appointments. If you are, he'll flag you and block you. You can easily find his number by googling "780tuners ed the kijiji guy". He hasn't had an ad up in ages but keeps getting his name spread by customers and referrals.

When purchasing tires from costco, they automatically incorporate a $15/tire installation fee into the cost. You can refuse to have it installed at costco and ask for a reimbursement of the fee as per policy. I'm in the process of doing that now.
Ah I see, the thing with Costco is that it's first come first serve right? Also, so everybody is ok with the meet being tomorrow? If so what time and what place works for everyone?
Old 11-02-2014, 03:22 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
@Vince - Yup, car is back up and running lol took a while for the mechanic to get it done tho

Meet still happening??
Old 11-02-2014, 02:12 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm still down for the meet. what time?
Old 11-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jriddle8
I'm still down for the meet. what time?
How bout 4 at the usual timmies near united cycle since jeff looks like he might be coming.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:26 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Yea i wont be able to make it lol
Old 11-05-2014, 10:27 PM
6MT

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by EdmTSX
Yea i wont be able to make it lol

I saw your tsx when I went to go see ryan regarding a remote starter. BTW did the meet happen? If not this weekend? sorry havnt been online lately, just crazy busy. if there is a meet someone text me and let me know. Only sunday works for me 3-4pm
Old 11-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by riicky
I saw your tsx when I went to go see ryan regarding a remote starter. BTW did the meet happen? If not this weekend? sorry havnt been online lately, just crazy busy. if there is a meet someone text me and let me know. Only sunday works for me 3-4pm
Nah there was no meet, wasn't planned well lol. I'm down for this Sunday if anyone else is too.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:12 PM
10th Gear

E TOWN representation. Nice to see you all. Just got a 2013 Tech and Entertainment Black on Black On Black.
Wheres the best place to buy things for my MDX. I want to do LED interior and HID fogs.
Talk to you.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:13 PM
10th Gear

I also need a Car starter for this unit. Any ideas on what to go with ?
Old 11-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
i can help you with a carstarter,

sorry i have been absent i just got back from F1 in texas and SEMA it was crazy , the vossen booth was insane, it was just a crazy experience over all, I SUGGEST YOU ALL GO lol
Old 11-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Advanced

Jbond you have a hook up for car starter? I need mine installed.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:06 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jbond2099

sorry i have been absent i just got back from F1 in texas and SEMA it was crazy , the vossen booth was insane, it was just a crazy experience over all, I SUGGEST YOU ALL GO lol

Please tell me whats what. DM id need be. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by Jriddle8
Jbond you have a hook up for car starter? I need mine installed.
yea he's an installer at Visions on St. Albert trail. I can guarantee for him, great guy. Installed car starters on my 2G TL years ago and on my FX35 last year. I have to go see him again to reprogram my starter since my battery died and it won't start
Old 11-14-2014, 02:40 PM
Instructor

i can vouch for jbond as well, got your hook ups for everything haha
Old 11-16-2014, 11:14 PM
Intermediate

Anybody know what's some good products to keep powdercoated rims clean and shiny? Also, what was that stuff that you guys mentioned at one of the meets where it's this spray that works better than clay barring?
Old 11-17-2014, 03:31 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Anybody know what's some good products to keep powdercoated rims clean and shiny? Also, what was that stuff that you guys mentioned at one of the meets where it's this spray that works better than clay barring?
I use Poor boy's wheel wax and sealant and Sonax wheel cleaner with a wheel brush. You can get this stuff from auto obsessed.

Sonax Wheel Cleaner Full Effect | Auto Obsessed

Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant | Auto Obsessed

Daytona Speed Master Jr. Wheel Brush | Auto Obsessed
The following users liked this post:
dctls08 (11-17-2014)
Old 11-17-2014, 03:58 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Justin, PM me for pricing for a starter too haha
Old 11-17-2014, 07:30 AM
10th Gear

Plasti dip works great for winter protection and is way easy removal in summer/ Ive dipped chrome rims for winter and they came out flawless come summer time.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:59 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EdmTSX
I use Poor boy's wheel wax and sealant and Sonax wheel cleaner with a wheel brush. You can get this stuff from auto obsessed.

Sonax Wheel Cleaner Full Effect | Auto Obsessed

Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant | Auto Obsessed

Daytona Speed Master Jr. Wheel Brush | Auto Obsessed
Thanks dude, and would you know of any local places where I can pick up 3M vinyl wrap? I'm debating on wrapping my roof either carbon fiber or gloss black.

Originally Posted by 4running
Plasti dip works great for winter protection and is way easy removal in summer/ Ive dipped chrome rims for winter and they came out flawless come summer time.
I have two sets of rims, one for winter, one for summer and the ones for summer I'm want to get powdercoated so I was wondering. Plasti dip won't be necessary but thanks though.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:04 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Car starters

Hey guys sorry about the pms im so busy right now i can help with all ur starter needs lol shoot me a text and i price shit out for you
780 966 0839
Old 11-18-2014, 03:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Hey guys sorry about the pms im so busy right now i can help with all ur starter needs lol shoot me a text and i price shit out for you
780 966 0839
I need to get a replacement remote for my wife's Viper...am I better off to order local, or go straight though Viper's website? The guy I spoke with at Visions South suggested they were the best option.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Pro

Same products you would use to maintain regular non-powder coated wheels. As Jeff mentioned, the Sonax wheel cleaner is good but not necessary for every wash. I used it on my wheels once with minimal reaction. The cleaner changes to a deep purple when reacting with brake dust.

My go to wheel cleaner is Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner cut 1:1 with water but it looks like the 5L size has been discontinued. Frankly if you are cleaning the wheels every 1-2 weeks, it's not necessary to have a dedicated wheel cleaner. For a while I even took car wash soap, diluted with water into a spray bottle and used that. It worked the exact same since I did not let the wheels get too dirty. But if you aren't able to clean them as frequently, you can always get a maintenance cleaner like P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner. It foams incredibly well and works fine. That in combination with an assortment of brushes to allow you to get into every nook and cranny. I probably have 6-7 wheel brushes that I use but that's also because I wash the other cars at home too. Keep in mind this type of maintenance is referring to spring to summer. In the winter, I just go to the coin operated car washes and hose them off as thoroughly as I can.

As for a few wheel sealants, the lower priced ones are not effective at all. I've tried them out and was disappointed with the results. For something that lasts longer, go for Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 or Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armor. These coatings last much longer and aid in washing as brake dust doesn't stick to the wheels as much either.

That spray you're thinking of is called "Tar X". Works great, just don't let it dwell on 3M too long otherwise it can damage it. This product is also good for wheels when you notice chunks of tar stuck to them. Used in combination with plastic razors, it takes them off relatively easily.
The following users liked this post:
dctls08 (11-20-2014)
Old 11-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Intermediate

I think I'm going to do my roof like this since the carbon fiber will match the carbon fiber inserts, the antenna and the roof spoiler would match the visors and the rims. Plus I heard from Justin that gloss black vinyl would scratch easily and would need to put 3M protective film over it.

For the antenna would I have to take it off in order to vinyl wrap it? I plan on just getting a NBP roof spoiler so it saves the trouble of wrapping that.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Pro

I had contemplated doing my roof like that before, but never went through with it. It's the same material I used to wrap a few interior pieces and a couple exterior pieces. Yeah with gloss black you'd have to be extra careful to not scratch it. From my understanding, you'll have to remove the antenna to apply the film. For the stock antenna, it looks like it would be a bit finicky to wrap. If you're using CF film, you can only stretch and heat it so much before you begin to lose some of the textured look to it. Using it on rounded corners gets to be a bit tricky too. Might have to do a relief cut but if you blend it properly with another piece, it won't be too noticeable.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:07 PM
Intermediate

I had contemplated doing my roof like that before, but never went through with it. It's the same material I used to wrap a few interior pieces and a couple exterior pieces. Yeah with gloss black you'd have to be extra careful to not scratch it. From my understanding, you'll have to remove the antenna to apply the film. For the stock antenna, it looks like it would be a bit finicky to wrap. If you're using CF film, you can only stretch and heat it so much before you begin to lose some of the textured look to it. Using it on rounded corners gets to be a bit tricky too. Might have to do a relief cut but if you blend it properly with another piece, it won't be too noticeable.
Make sense, the antenna I want to wrap in gloss black so it should be easier to wrap than with carbon fiber. I kind of just been gathering quotes everywhere to compare along with contemplating on whether I wanna do it with a couple friends or not. Do you know of anyone that can wrap roofs privately? Don't really wanna take it to a detailing shop since they charge more.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:50 PM
Pro

None that I'm aware of. You should just try and DIY. Doing the roof shouldn't be too hard since it's a mostly flat panel. You get to hide both of the ends closer to the door underneath the molding as well.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:21 AM
Intermediate

None that I'm aware of. You should just try and DIY. Doing the roof shouldn't be too hard since it's a mostly flat panel. You get to hide both of the ends closer to the door underneath the molding as well.
Yea I saw a couple videos and seems straightforward enough but then I heard that the gloss vinyl scratches easily. Also like how you said using a hot gun on carbon fiber vinyl will make it lose some of that texture look so it's making me think again.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Yea I saw a couple videos and seems straightforward enough but then I heard that the gloss vinyl scratches easily. Also like how you said using a hot gun on carbon fiber vinyl will make it lose some of that texture look so it's making me think again.
what would scratch it? There is someone here in this thread with a black roof vinyl. I don't think he had any problems with it
Old 11-28-2014, 10:20 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by myron
what would scratch it? There is someone here in this thread with a black roof vinyl. I don't think he had any problems with it
Justin (jbond2099) says it's really easy to scratch when you're applying it and that it's best to put some 3M protection film over it after.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Suzuka Master

oh I don't know. I was gonna put it on my TL but then I sold the car. It didn't seem to be easy to scratch. I think I still have a roll of black vinyl enough for a roof.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:49 PM
Intermediate

oh I don't know. I was gonna put it on my TL but then I sold the car. It didn't seem to be easy to scratch. I think I still have a roll of black vinyl enough for a roof.
Is it the 3M kind? I plan on just wrapping the roof in carbon fiber and have some black vinyl on the side just enough to wrap the antenna and roof spoiler if need be.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Is it the 3M kind? I plan on just wrapping the roof in carbon fiber and have some black vinyl on the side just enough to wrap the antenna and roof spoiler if need be.
make sure you get the good kind of CF, that 4D or what ever it's called. Don't get the cheap stuff, cuz it looks like... well cheap and in turn makes your car look like shit haha

No it's not the 3M stuff, it's Oracal. I was gonna use it on my new vehicle, but my roof is about 6" longer than TL one so it doesn't work on the FX
Old 11-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Intermediate

make sure you get the good kind of CF, that 4D or what ever it's called. Don't get the cheap stuff, cuz it looks like... well cheap and in turn makes your car look like shit haha

No it's not the 3M stuff, it's Oracal. I was gonna use it on my new vehicle, but my roof is about 6" longer than TL one so it doesn't work on the FX
I was thinking of getting the 4D one from these guys, a nice tutorial and the stuff looks good, if I were to get your black vinyl off you how much would you sell it for?

Old 12-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Suzuka Master

I don't know man, I don't know what that usually runs for. 80$?
Old 12-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Intermediate

I don't know man, I don't know what that usually runs for. 80$?
What are the dimensions? They usually average around 45 with shipping on eBay.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Instructor

mine was round 85 shipped from the states
Old 12-02-2014, 09:59 PM
Instructor

3M Gloss Black Roof Wrap Vinyl 1080 Scotchprint 72" X 60" 6ft X 5ft G12 | eBay

this is the exact item i bought from the same seller a few years back, price went up $15 since than.

theres no way theyre going for 45 with shipping unless its some china brand

Last edited by you8myrice; 12-02-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Edmonton Acuraziner's