Wolfgang Uber

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 09:26 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Wolfgang Uber

Anyone ever use the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating or other products of the same name? I've been doing research and the ceramic coating appears to be the best on the market. It also appears very easy to apply. I'm not a detailer but I'm looking into purchasing detailing materials of the same brand. Likely going to also purchase a Porter Cable 7424XP since I'm a novice. Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanx in advance!
Old 05-21-2016, 07:40 PM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Porter Cable or the Griots Garage DA. The Griots has a little more power and a better warranty but still comes down to personal preference.
As far as coatings have yet to do it myself but after researching appears some can be more difficult to apply than others. Opti Coat claims to be the most user friendly but Wolfgang Uber has many devoted followers.
Check out one of the dedicated detailing forums.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:46 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've used Uber, as well as Optimum Gloss Coat, Americoat, CQuartz(UK and Original) and a couple others. I can tell you that CQuartz and Optimum were the best overall, but Wolfgang was easiest to apply.

If you've never applied a coating before just make sure you do all the research beforehand on prepwork, because it matters a lot. You could get something like Finish Kare 1000p or Sonax Polymer Netshield and still get all the nice self-cleaning and water shedding properties of a coating as well. They're great products but I went back to applying sealants because I missed that aspect of detailing my car.